“Small glasses of wine have ended our visits to this pretty good restaurant.”
Review of Ristorante Marco

Ristorante Marco
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Bear
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great Italian food prepared at order.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a few times. The food was good enough and priced right to be a place we could eat on a fairly regular basis. Unfortunately, the stingy half glasses of wine were just annoying us and making the final bill just too high for regular visits. Normally we get one glass of wine with dinner. In this place they bring you a tasting-size glass of wine. The price was $7.00 to $10 a glass. When we questioned the waitress she said every glass is measured in a little carafe as if this explains why they decided one glass of wine is to be so much smaller than every other restaurant in the area. It would cost them so little to give the customer a decent glass of wine and make the final bill affordable so as to be an alternative to eating in or getting takeout. This is not a fine dining spot. Just an upscale "red sauce" kind of place. The owners would be wise to recognize this realty. They would get a lot more business than they have now. I sometimes wonder if the owners of restaurants go out frequently and see what the competition is doing. They should.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I just read some of the reviews below & couldn't believe what I was reading!!! I have been with my family and friends, at Marco's and the food and service were excellent. We have never been disappointed!!! As a matter of fact we celebrated my daughter's 18th birthday at Marco's with family and friends!!! Everyone loved it!!! The food is fresh, the deserts are to die for, and Marco himself makes you feel welcome & treats you like a family!!!! I highly recommend Ristorante Marco for a great experience!!!

1  Thank Rahn147
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I saw reviews from great to horrible yet I decided to try. I'm glad I did. The food I found to be quite enjoyable as did the others in our party. I ordered 2 appetizers, grilled vegetables and ravioli. Both were enough to make my meal.Others enjoyed their meals as well. The price was reasonable, the service we found to be great. The only downside if you want to call it that, is that the portions are satisfying and not huge enough to warrant a 'doggy bag' to take home (it's probably a healthy portion and really what's wrong with that).
Ignore the bad reviews, I think you'll agree it's a nice place with good food.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I don't get out a lot, but when we do, this place is a "go to" for great food. From the appetizers to cappuccino after dinner, I've never had an even average bite. The steak 33oz Porterhouse for two was fantastic ( was a special one night, not sure it's always offered, but it should be!). Cooked perfect.

Check this place out. In a strip mall on rt 40, very easy access, plenty of parking, and food always spot on.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This restaurant is horrible. I'd advise that no one eat here. The only people that go, know Marco personally. His food is awful and his servers are inexperienced! Waste of money. Nothing is fresh.