“Great little Miami theme restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Sol Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Aqua Sol Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delaware
“Great little Miami theme restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Aqua Sol is at the end of a dead end road on the marine in Bear, DE..If you didn't know exactly where you were going you would thnkthat you are lost. this place has live music most weekends and the crowd is pretty lively. Be sure to try the pitcherof mojito when you go.

Visited February 2013

Bear, Delaware
“on the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cool little resturant with views of the marina. The food is based on a Miami theme, a great change of pace. Not your typical marina food

Visited May 2013
Middletown, Delaware
“Nice change from the usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I heard about this place from a friend. So we went for lunch. It was a little out of the way but worth it. The server gave us the best seat in the house over looking the marina. It was not busy when we went but I heard it gets pretty packed at night with the live music. The menu is Caribbean in its nature. We started off with the conch fritters w/ a key lime mustard. Outstanding! Perfect portions and priced well. I saw the alligator tail sandwich and had to try it. It was awesome. The Jalapeño jelly completed the sandwich. The meal was perfect. Even the tea tasted fresh. I saw a few more items I would like to try so I will be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Newark, Delaware
“I wish I had liked it better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's on the water but there is not much to look at. It's a short view across a small marina without a view of the canal. It's inconvenient to Wilmington and Newark, expensive and the food is nothing special. The Jamaican jerk chicken appetizer (which one would expect to be spicy) had absolutely no flavor. The staff is young and inexperienced, I would elaborate more but there is just not much to discuss.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Referred to Aqua Sol by staff at the nearby Lum's Pond campground (after I inquired about a good, non-chain local restaurant). Light rain kept us from the al fresco deck, and the inside decor is just okay, with the noise level quite high even though the place wasn't crowded (the bar is not separated from the front dining area). No worries, we were there in shorts and t-shirts, so I wasn't expecting uber fancy. All that said, both the food and service were excellent. We started with cocktails and the conch fritter appetizer, which was every bit as fresh and good as that which we had enjoyed in our years living in Miami. Aqua Sol allows you to purchase entrees by the half or full plate, so we took advantage of that to try their versions of pan seared scallops with risotto, osso bucco, shrimp and waffle, and the lobster, crab and gouda mac & cheese. In short, every dish was exceptional, well seasoned, perfectly cooked, and alive with flavor. We finished with coffee, tea and a key lime torte which was light and delicious. Who knew a marina in Bear Delaware could deliver such great food, service and value. We will definitely return during future trips to the area, and I cannot recommend Aqua Sol highly enough.

• 4 of 5 bubbles