“Early for lunch, slooooooow service :(”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Bearsted
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings, The White Horse - Maidstone serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
Kent
“Early for lunch, slooooooow service :(”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My experience with the White Horse is that they offer generally good food, but try to be something they can't quite achieve.

Burger with pulled pork though..... Excellent if it had arrived earlier with chips instead of empty little pots!

Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Nothing bad to say!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Lovley restaurant, polite and friendly staff and meal was beautiful. Could not say a bad word about it.

• Visited December 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“No one gote back to me”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I live near to the White Horse and have always liked the pub. However on the 3rd November I called to enquire about booking a table for 10 people on New Years Eve.

On the web site it say's that they are offering a 5 course meal with entertainment for £60.00 per person. When I called to book this the lady I spoke to said that she would have to check with management as she did not know anything about this! she came back to me to say that she would have to get the manger to call me back as they knew nothing about it either! I told her that is was on their web site, she still said that a manger will have to come back to me!

I gave my mobile number and home number twice so they could not have written both numbers down incorrectly and use that as an excuse for not getting back to me!

It is now the 27th November and still no one has called me back!

This is very bad customer service!

Visited November 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Slipping standards is a shame”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We really like the White Horse, the setting is great and the pub blends modern style with traditional charm very well.

Unfortunately a series of issues spoilt our last visit that saw the wrong food brought to us, overcooked and dry meat, and service that was sub-standard. It was hard to attract the attention of staff and they were slow to act.

I hope that with a bit of kitchen and front-of-house training that the pub can get back on form as it's too good to let go downhill.

• Visited November 2013
Maidstone
“Overated”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Everyone says that this place is worth the Money bit with my experience I thought it was well over priced, service was terrible and stuff where rude. Food was nice when we finally got it but not worth the money. Only good thing about was the view, I personally Wouldn't recommend. Maybe it was just a bad day but I wouldn't even risk trying with there prices!

• Visited November 2013