“Great for business and pleasure”

Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The service we received was great from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. We had meals In the main restaurant as well as a private dinner. The rooms are clean, well maintained and very comfortable. It would be good to have some water and biscuits in the room as we have on previous occasions rather than having to buy everything from the mini bar.

Room Tip: All rooms are good only the view changes either car park, courtyard or golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We booked a spa afternoon here for a friend's hen do. The price was reasonable at £32.50 each for ten of us and included use of the spa facilities for the afternoon and one 30 min treatment each. We were provided with dressing gowns, a towel and slippers for the day. We spent a good portion of our time there sitting outside on the patio overlooking the pond. This was a lovely sunny spot with well maintained gardens but was shared with other hotel guests, golfers and gym members so it was a bit weird sitting amongst them in dressing gowns and slippers. Again the bar was shared with others and there was no table service for drinks so we had to go upstairs to the bar in dressing gowns which wasn't ideal.
The pool and spa area was nice but not very big for such a large hotel. The pool got quite full in the afternoon (Sunday) including when a lane was closed off for a child's swimming lesson, not very relaxing for a spa day! The gym looked really good though.
We had booked our treatments at various times throughout the afternoon and afternoon tea for 2pm in between. The tea had been prebooked a week earlier bit did not turn up until nearly 3pm. By this time we were very hungry so we would have eaten anything but the food was quite nice when it eventually arrived, although too much sweet stuff and not enough savoury for me. They also served us more sandwiches and tea and didn't charge extra. The afternoon tea was £15 per person which I thought was a tad expensive. They could make it smaller and reduce the price per person.
The actual treatments we had were very good and ran to schedule. Some had a massage, others had a manicure/pedicure. The lady who did my manicure was very nice and did a good job. Our only gripe here was that the treatment times were spread out over around 5 hours as there were only two members of staff there for the day.
All in all this could be a really nice place for a spa day with a few extra staff and better customer service in the bar area.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Kerry P,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed your treatment. We are currently reviewing our booking system regarding afternoon tea, with the aim that this will be aligned with the treatments. I do hope that the positives during your visit will bring you back to our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,
Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a fantastic welcome - the receptionist was very professional and attentive but I was expecting a much better room. It was quite small and the 'outdoor terrace' was just two chairs and a table on a paved area (but it was overlooking the golf course which was lovely). The week before we'd had a fantastic room in the Marriott Twickenham which was half the price (no extras though). We should have contacted reception as the room smelt musty and I'm sure they would have moved us. That really put me off. The bar was pleasant but both courses of the two course meal we had took ages to come and weren't really that good. Breakfast was great though and all the staff we met really friendly. We were a tad disappointed but the criticism is probably because of the excellent good value experience the week before.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms overlooking the golf course probably have the best view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Good afternoon Karen C.
I appreciate your time and effort to share your experience here at Tudor Park. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations in respect of the room or the dinner offerings provided. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I am however pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast and found our staff to be polite and friendly. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Tudor Park in the future,

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked afternoon tea here for a baby shower and during booking enquired into the selection of food available (due to the pregnant women as well as children attending) - I was advised the sandwiches were ham, ham and cheese, cheese and pickle, and tuna. Which was perfect seeing as it suited all parties. Other food was scones and cakes at £15 pp for adults and £7.50 per child.
Upon booking I gave the numbers of who was attending and phoned up a week before to confirm.

When we arrived there was not enough place settings arranged so we had to do this, and when the afternoon tea came out we was very disappointed as the children or pregnant ladies couldn't eat the sandwiches prepared - we were given smoked salmon, and cheese (that pregnant women can not eat) sandwiches so had to complain and advise this is not what we booked. We were then given a few plain ham sandwiches but wasn't enough between the group. (One sandwich was Infact a 1/4 of a normal sandwich we would make)

The afternoon tea came out on three tears and we were advised were 1 between 2 people (not exactly £15's worth) and were actually not given enough so in two cases there was 1 between 3, although telling the staff we was 1 short they did not give us another one.

The scones were nice but the other cakes were inedible due to being tasteless and so soggy you couldn't pick them up. (Which I've noticed someone else has commented on and this still hasn't been rectified - at the price you expect better)

We did however have a lovely afternoon because we made it nice however I won't be returning here for afternoon tea as it was extremely disappointing and overpriced for what you got.

Found the man involved in payments and complaints to be rude

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Nx88
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Nx88,

My team and I do take such feedback very seriously indeed and I very much regret that we clearly fell short of our usual levels of high service and food offerings. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring these matters to our attention, as it is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can remedy those areas where improvements are required. I am sorry about the miscommunication from the booking stage through to the actual afternoon tea. Set up and food offerings should have been as discussed and I would like to rest assure you that we are currently reviewing our booking procedures to ensure no such re occurrences in the future. On a more positive note I am delighted that you and you party still enjoyed the afternoon and hope that you will consider the Tudor Park Marriott again in the future. To that end, please do contact me personally so that I can ensure a more pleasurable experience next time round.

Kind Regards,
Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Excellent welcome by professional friendly staff. Hotel is big - very clean and makes you feel welcome.

Rates are a little high but it is always full so I guess its value for service, Two bars both are excellent - both in a nice atmosphere and serving good bar food.

The restaurant is excellent and the food very very good.

Rooms are big - modern and very clean.

The Gym and Spa pool are brilliant - make sure you use them.

Located 3 minutes from the M20 its ideally located for the coast or capital.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stuart p
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed at the hotel, a couple of times previously. Booked the hotel with my Tesco Clubcard points I had earned. Asked the hotel if there would be a possibility of a upgrade to the standard room. On arriving at the hotel, there was a nice welcome and a upgrade was given.
It was a lovely break. Used the swimming pool and had some beauty treatments. Everyone was so nice in the hotel. Watched the World Cup in one of the bars within the hotel. They brought out side food, I had already eaten, but that was a nice touch!
Just a shame that we can no longer use the Tesco club points, as they have closed the scheme.
Will be back!

Room Tip: Looking over the golf course. Not at the front of the hotel. Room 229 was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Just checked in an hour ago and I am already looking at other hotel options. As a Marriott gold member, not only I was given a terrible room which stunk, the internet doesn't work either. The front desk staff gave me a different room after I complained. It doesn't smell but it's very small, and the furniture looks tired. I travel extensively for work and I am a platinum member for SPG and Hyatt, gold for Marriott, this is no doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nikki Y
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Tudor Park. You indicated in your response that the room was not to your liking and that there was challenge with the internet connectivity in your room. I understand that my team tried to solve the problem with the internet and even got our third party provider involved unfortunately though with no success. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!