“What a shame”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Whitstable
“What a shame”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Second visit for girls weekend fabulous last time however this time restaurant service was shocking. Meals wrong, starters sent back, main courses late...Bill at the end of the night was wrong and restaurant staff/manager would not agree after picking receipt to bits and we were right!! We will be moving on next year....sorry.

• Stayed March 2014
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience here at Tudor Park.
It is disappointing for us that your return visit to the hotel has not been as enjoyable and fabulous as your previous one and that this time round we were not able to provide you and your friends with the high level of service and food that we have come to pride ourselves upon. I pleased to learn that you had the opportunity to speak to one of our Duty Managers following the dinner who was able to rectify the situation with the bill, however I appreciate that this is only little consolation.
I have personally discussed your comments with my Restaurant Manager and Head Chef respectively and both of the gentlemen would like to convey their apologies for the shortfall experienced.
We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you and your friends with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We decided on this hotel as we had our wedding reception here in 2009 and decided to go back to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We booked through spabreaks.com and got a really good deal for £150.00 each we got an over night stay, x1 55 minute treatment each, bucks fizz on arrival, lunch, dinner and breakfast the following morning. They did however muck up our treatment times and due to that we had a bottle of champagne on ice in our room as an apology which I thought was a nice little touch!
We got there about 1pm but was not allowed into our room till 3pm so we decided to have lunch and then a few drinks at the bar first where we met the nicest bar tender we have ever met Sam Miller. What a sweetie he made us feel really welcome and couldn't of been nicer. He really did make our weekend as he was then our waiter later on at dinner :)
The rooms are really lovely and spacious the beds are sooooo comfy and very clean you couldn't ask for more really. Shower was lovely and girls there is a hair dryer in the wardrobe if you forget one like I did.
We then went to the pool and stayed there for a bit before our treatments and used the sauna. We also got robes and slippers given to us for this.
Our treatments hmm well we had a full body massage each so we each had a different therapist and unfortunately she talked through the whole treatment as did my husbands therapist which kind of ruined it for us as a full body massage is supposed to be relaxing for the body and mind which when you are talking you cant really shut down. Neither of us said anything as we didn't want to be rude but Ive had a few massages and this is the first one where they have spoken to me through the whole treatment. A shame as the massage was good!
We then went onto dinner which was absolutely lovely could not fault it at all it was perfect! And again Sam who was our waiter was a diamond!!!
Breakfast was really nice its in the same restaurant where you have your dinner. Loads of choice to choose from and very high quality.
All in all my 30th Birthday was fabulous and my husband and I both said to each other why do we not do this more often?! Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Lovely hotel, recently stayed here for a wedding. Check in with swift and smooth.

The lobby is very bright and modern. The rooms are very spacious with huge, very comfortable beds. Decent size bathroom, more than adequate for the night’s stay.

The wedding rooms were lovely, the marquee very pretty. The staff at the wedding were great, from the waiters to the bar staff – top marks. The food was brilliant, cooked very well and each course was very enjoyable, i was impressed with the quality with the amount of people to feed. Best cheesecake I have ever had, amazing.

We used the lobby bar too, both before and after the wedding. The service was just as good at 2am then it was at 1pm. Room charge only after a certain hour.

Breakfast the next morning was more than enough, cooked and cold food available.

I would defiantly come back and stay here again. Maybe this time make use of the facilities like the pool, gym and spa. Would also would like to do afternoon tea.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank msrw
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Value for money and you get what you pay for.

The staff are very welcoming and pleasant.

Room was well equipped if not overly large, but was comfortable and very clean.

Room service was delivered quickly and was fresh. Food was of a food quality.

Breakfast had a large selection to suit every taste.

The hotel was perfect as a venue for a business trip or a short stay in the area.

Ticked all the right boxes.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Dregan84
Maidstone
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding night last August after viewing the rooms beforehand. We opted for a second level room overlooking the golf course. The day before our wedding I actually came here for afternoon tea with my mum and chief bridesmaid and it was lovely. When I knew we were doing this, I enquired about leaving some champagne, glasses and chocolate with them so that it could be set up in the room for our wedding night. They said this wouldn't be a problem but in the end, I had a slight niggle in the back of my mind and decided to take it in my own case. The reason for my niggle was that when we booked the room, reservations got things wrong twice, to the point that they completely changed the room and deal we had booked, sending out the wrong confirmation a week before the wedding - stressful! We finally got this sorted out and the manager was very apologetic. However, I was right with my niggle as on our wedding day, my husband dropped off our car and case as prearranged in the morning for them to put the case in our room when it was ready. When we got to the hotel at about 2am, we were quite far in the back of the hotel. This wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the fact our case was not in the room!! My husband had to go all the way back to the lobby to retrieve it and said the front desk were not very apologetic. What we couldn't understand was that some champagne and chocolates which my chief bridesmaid had given them the day before (unbeknownst to us!) and a bottle of wine which we assumed was from the hotel had made it to our room but our case hadn't. However, we had just got married and didn't want to let these little things spoil our time. We got the weekend special where we had late checkout (5pm) and a 3 course meal. The room was lovely, lunch was good and it was lovely having time to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi before we had to check out in the afternoon. This is a lovely hotel but there could be some improvement in the management/Attention to details. Also a handy tip, these rooms can be cancelled up to the day of arrival I believe with no charge and prices change all the time. When we needed to change a detail on our booking that required us to cancel and then rebook, we benefited from a reduced price. Luxury hotel but some frustrating niggles.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Current SE T, Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Kate

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a comment regarding your stay last year. I can certainly emphasise with you that, when wrong information reaches you regarding your big day this is stressful and I apologise for all the inconveniences this might have caused during your stay. We have taken some key learnings from your comments to prevent this from happening in the future. On a positive note, I am really happy to learn that you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon to Tudor Park, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club.

Kind regards,
Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked on the Friday about 11am for that evening, just wanted to have a relaxing night away. Picked this hotel as its a close taxi ride (£4.50) to the Oak on the green where we had a great meal. Spa facility's are lovely sauna great, steam room good only wish I bought my trainers for the spin class! Our room was not tired at all as some hotels are our bed was amazing the best pillows. Polite staff all round great bar guy called Sam Miller who makes a wonderful cocktail professional and really friendly with all guests he made everyone smile. We've stayed at lots of nice hotels but this is defiantly one were be returning too very reasonable price for the quality of stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

On a business trip to Maidstone so I stayed for one night at Tudor Park.

The room was everything you would expect from a Marriott. Well furnished - spotlessly clean and nice and warm. I had a ground floor room with a small patio and view of the golf course.

Staff were all friendly and helpful - though the hotel has an eerie 'emptiness' about it.

That said - I thought it good value for money and I would not hesitate to stay again should I be in Maidstone.

Room Tip: I was in 130