“Great local winery”

Taylor Brooke Winery
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Woodstock
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful vineyard local to me. The staff is helpful and knowledgable and the wines are lovely! Always a pleasure stopping in to see Taylor Brooke Winery!

Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

So glad you discovered us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here before going on our Napa valley trip. The owner that was a woman was kind of a know it all. The gentleman owner seemed nice. The wine isn't very good as one would expect from the northeast. The funny part was after that wine tasting I was concerned about going the Napa. Would they also have attitudes? Luckily they didn't and every tasting out there was a pleasure. Go to a real winery and don't waste your time with a wanna be.

Whenever someone comes in to say they are headed to Napa Valley and it's their 1st trip, I do always encourage people be sure to spend a good amount of time in Sonoma County as well. We love Napa wines and have many in our cellar, but we have always found the wineries in Sonoma to be smaller (like us) and more down to earth. But you certainly can't be Napa Cabs! In sharing our experiences, I apologize if my suggestions were misconstrued, as we have enjoyed over 8 visits to many wine areas in CA and hope to visit again soon. I also always remind people that we are not Napa Valley and cannot make the same types of wines due to the climate in particular, and that the most enjoyable part of discovering wines in different regions are in fact, the differences in the wines. I'm glad that you had such a nice time in Napa and you consider visitng us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Average place but the wine tasted good. We were greeted with you can't bring your dog in here! It's the only reason we came. :(

Thank Jeffrey and Lau... H
Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I'm sorry that you were taken by surprise that we do not allow other dogs in the tasting room(we do clearly state on our website that they are allowed on leash outside, but not in the tasting room). One reason is that our winery dog is inside. However, the main reason is the liability of a dog biting or even barking at someone (we get children visiting, too) or not "liking" another dog that comes in. We also get some guests who are afraid of dogs, at which time, we put our dog in our house. We hope you understand our policy and visit us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We frequented this winery last summer and I am late getting the start on writing about it but it definitely came to mind again as it is summertime and time to go again!! Last summer we went with another couple and their four legged pooch. Unfortunately because they had the winery dog there we had to leave our four legged one in the car although Barry was awesome enough to make sure to provide water for Mr Mason. Barry by far was the HIT of the whole show and tasting..his flair and knowlege about the wines was exceptional and he was the first person to get my fiance to laught after the unexpected death of his mother the month before. He was compassionate and kind and made it an experience. I felt like I was sitting at a friends house having a dinner party minus the food but with an over abundance of laughter and good wine. The wines at this winery are superb and you get quite the renage and variety for your buck!! I like that unlike at some wineries they do have a dump bucket inorder for you to elegantly dispose of the wine you don't care for. The tasting takes place at a bar like area inside that is tastefully decorated and makes it easy to socialize with others there for the tasting. The prices were below what I expected to pay for such great wine and I love the seasonal classics that come out each season. Afterwards we each purchased a glass of our favorites and relaxed by the vines with the dog. It is a great winery. I only have one complaint and that is that the dessert wines (which are out of this world) are not available for purchase by the glass..I would have gladly paid double for them as they were welll worth it. We happily purchased several bottles as well as a bottle of their summer peach and glasses for a couple who were unable to join us that day. Taylor Brooke is a must winery and definitely will be one we frequent often throughout the year.

Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely and thoughtful review! I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience...that is certainly our #1 priority (after striving to make the best and most interesting wines for our customers). We are very proud of all of our staff and I will certainly pass on the accolades to Barry. He will be thrilled! Hope you will visit us again soon. Linda

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a great time at Taylor Brook with my sweetheart this past weekend. I am from NC and was really excited about trying some new wines. I was pleasantly surprised. The owner was delightful with her stories about the history them of the property and how she and her husband started the business. I like sweet wines and was very pleased with the the Sangria. It is a great "porch" wine that you can drink anytime. I walked out the door with a bottle of Sangria and a bottle of Raspberry Rendezvous dessert wine. I highly recommend visiting the winery if you are in town.

Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit! I had fun with you as well and just to let you know...I relayed your story of visiting from NC and calling our Sunny Sangria, "porch wine"! Here we call it deck wine. Hope to see you again.