“Food is still great - service is marginal.”

Sweet Evalina's Stand
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We sat outside and let the waitress take care of us.... DON'T!!! Order your food inside and then take it outside to enjoy the nice surroundings. I don't think they effectively train the wait staff. We ordered a simple pizza. After 40 minutes and watching four tables served that came in after us, we questioned the server and was assured it would only be a few more minutes. Ten minutes later, we were informed that the kitchen lost the order and was asked again what we wanted. The server never brought the coffee, didn't bring straws after telling us twice that she was going to get them, didn't put dressing on the salad and never brought plates with the pizza when we finally got it.... Really disappointing.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good little place for a nice lunch with a view of a marshy area of water. They have indoor and outdoor seating, 3 little swings, food is good, Tom's wonderful New York style pizza pie is awesome and I love the grinders. The prices are a little high for the area, but for the occasional stop over at a locally owned place, it's worth it. The ice cream is from Hershey's so it is not homemade. It seems to always be busy, so although I found it average, being busy is a good sign. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. If I was in that area again, yes I think I would stop here for lunch, like I said the food is good.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Evalina's is an unassuming, laid back kind of restaurant, offering good food at very reasonable prices. There is indoor and outdoor seating with a nice view of the water.

1  Thank boots900
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Was zipping through Woodstock on my way to the casinos and stopped off for a quick bite too eat. I was startled by the prices of this restaurant. For a place withno décor and mediocre food, they are very expensive. I had a cup of soup and tuna melt with a soda and it came to nearly $15.00. I could get same meal and better quality at any other café type establishment for 1/2 the price.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

ice cream stand?....not if your scooping the same store bought ice cream I can buy at any convenience store. that's what this so called restaurant/ice cream stand is selling.
Hershey's to be exact.
I was shocked and amazed as surprised to find I was paying nearly $4 dollars a cone for cheap ice cream I can buy at the gas station/convenience store down the street at $4 a 1/2 gallon.
Aside from low quality ice cream, this spot offers nothing as far as ambience, cleanliness, value or quality. The only you'll find here is a dirty old building with some extremely overpriced
mediocre food.