“Classic Elegance”

Cross street: Route 64
Watertown, CT
“Classic Elegance”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Simple, yet elegant. Very firm shrimp cocktail with fabulous sauces on the side. Their chopped salad is outstanding. Fish is always fresh and cooked just right. I would say it's a very upscale, nice place. Definitely a great date place, especially if you're trying to impress. Oh, and be sure to get the white chocolate bread pudding for dessert!! You won't be sorry.

Visited April 2012

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Fishy soup water”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband took me here to celebrate a birthday - we have big expectations since the parking lot is always packed. But we were truely disappointed. The shrimp salad app... tasted like fishy dirty dish water. The veggies on the main dish were over cooked and mushy. The desert tray was lacered in plastic. We were freezing cold. And to top if off it was way overpriced. Never going back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Jill M
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Excellent Food; High Price Tag”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Anything with the Carmen Anthony name is going to be a little overpriced, as are most things in the Woodbury area; however, it's definitely worth it. My wife and I went here with a gift certificate that we had received for Christmas a couple years back. The gift card was gone after I ordered my king crab legs, but WOW, was it worth it. They were so juicy and tender. I've been thinking about them ever since!

Visited October 2011
Connecticut
“A Nice Treat”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Seafood casarole to die for, great service, good wine. Please leave room for the dessert wheel, bread pudding is why I leave a little dinner on my plate( to take home of course)!

Visited May 2012
CT
“Big Sunday Disappointment”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just visited Carmen Anthony Fishouse on a sunny Sunday afternoon to savor a day off during the summer. We saw there was a "Lunch" menu offered on line, but could not find any menu to peruse. I called the restaurant and a voice on the other end briefly described some items. We arrived in Woobury and were seated in a large room with a bar. The decor is very dark and full of green colors that look very hotel catering facility like, less than inspiring. We had a waiter, "Paul M, who was friendly but extremely inattentive since he appeared to be going in many directions at once. Water glasses needed refilling more often and it would be nice to be offered more coffee when finished, since the coffee was actually good. The lemontini was icy cold in a sugar rimmed glass...the best part of the meal. The bloody mary was downright awful. The "campagne" salad was decent but quite heavy with dressing. The lunch specials offered were minimal, and some in our party wanted to order the prime rib listed on the additional menu handed out. Now remember, they just opened less than a half hour or so, and we are told no....all out of this for $29. Instead two in our party opt for the lobster fra diavolo at $32 each. These pricey lunch options come with NO salad---even though the $15 lunch plates do, and the lobster pieces in the dish are extremely minimal and are pieces of claw--NO lobster tail at all. Lobsters right now sell for $4.99 a pound----so a pile linguini with little pieces of claw is just inexcusable for that kind of money. We had been here last year and had a nice meal albeit an expensive one. It seems this place is stuck in the past, with the high prices, stale atmosphere, and mediocre service. Spending money on dining is a treat these days and I want to feel pampered and satisfied for parting with my money. This establishment does not do it. Very very disappointing....will not be back.

• Visited August 2012