“This place misses the mark”
Review of Longwood Country Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Longwood Country Inn Restaurant
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 6
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Nice country setting, but sadly, they really don't have their culinary act together. It is not inexpensive and you'd better elswhere

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This review is about the restaurant at Longwood where I had brunch last weekend. It was absolutely perfect and delicious. The setting is lovely with old world charm. The service was exceptional and the brunch menu had many great options. Living in NYC, I have an abundance of world-class restaurant options and this rates up there with the best of them! Cant wait to return.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband and I were there for New Year's Eve. We found the resturant to be really terrific. The food was great, the place is so cozy and the prices are really reasonable. As for the Inn, the Innkeeper Regina is the best. So helpful and accommodating.

1  Thank Donna R
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Went to the Longwood for brunch and the restaurant was freezing. We had to put our coats on in order to tolerate the frigid temperature, We asked the staff to please turn the heat on, but that did not help. There were several other customers all bundled up in their winter attire. The hostess had heavy warm boots and hooded heavyweight jacket. It was a mild winter day in Connecticut, near 40F, so no reason to freeze your guests. The host laughed when we left saying "yes, nothing ruins your dining ambiance as much as the cold temperature, come back and join us again soon" ... no way - we'll spend our
$60 brunch at an establishment that is not too cheap to put the heat on. It was our first and last time at the Longwood Inn.

Reviewed January 24, 2009

My Wife and I went there for the Sunday Brunch and very disappointed. When we arrived we were informed that they weren't doing the usual buffet. It was snowing that day and the waitress said they had a lot of cancellations so instead she gave us a list and said we could ordered as much as we wanted and the price would be reduced from the usual charge. She said the food would be fresher this way. Pretty bad explanation if you ask me. Is she saying that the food they serve at the buffet isn't fresh or its leftovers? Its pretty obvious why they did it like this. You'd think they would have called us to tell us they were making this change but they probably figured we would have canceled also. When we placed our order there were 2 occupied tables so it wasn't busy. My wife ordered a tea and orange juice. A few minutes latter the waitress came back with a coffee. My wife said she had ordered a tea so she came back with the tea but still no orange juice. My wife started with an omelet and me an egg dish and we were going to share a waffle and a shrimp cocktail. The omelet was so small it looked like they used one egg, something you might find on the dollar menu at McDonald's. My dish was a scrambled egg on half an English muffin with tomato and melted cheese. Each plate had about 2 fork fulls of potatoes. The shrimp cocktail consisted of 3 small shrimp and they gave us half of a waffle. You could order as much as you want but they're not going to give it up to easily. The lunch items were the same way, very small portions and I'm not even going to get into the "lavish" dessert table. The bill was $76.00 and that did include 2 $8.00 Bloody Mary's served in glasses a little bigger than juice glasses with a lot of ice. To me this was a total rip-off. We have been there before for the brunch and it was great but looking at reviews since the last time we were there this place is going down hill. The right thing to do would have been to call the customers and tell what was going on, not let them drive up there in the snow knowing that once they get there they'll probably stay and then proceed to gouge them. We should taken care but instead we were taken advantage of. I sent them an e-mail with my complaints but they never responded so they don't seem to concerned about customer satisfaction.

3  Thank NoBull9