“Poor costumer service!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Woodbury Ski Area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor costumer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My experience at Woodbury ski area was horrible! The customer service was extremely unprofessional and the owner was very rude and did not seem to care about his customers at all. I purchased my living social deal on December 17th, 2012 and planned a trip to go there today, February 16th, 2013. I called two days prior to today to make sure they were open and specifically asked if we can use our voucher today, knowing it is a holiday weekend and they said YES! In the fine print it stated the voucher could not be redeemed between February 17th and 23rd, so to my understanding February 16th was more than available. I also had another coupon that had absolutely no date/time restrictions on it. Well, once we got there they rejected both my voucher, AND my other coupon, once I asked to speak to the manager, the owner came over and was extremely rude and stated that under no circumstances will he NOT accept these offers and that the ads were misprinted. Needless to say how our entire conversation went, but I was extremely displeased with the service and will never return there and will highly advise people do their research before going there themselves. I was under the impression that if it had nothing in print saying that today's date was an exclusion, he needed to honor the vouchers, otherwise it is illegal to refuse.

4 Thank jkrol1

Milford, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sad excuse for a safe family outing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I cannot imagine how this place stays in business, the place is very poorly organized and completely unsafe!

The place was overcrowded, and say 2 little girls fly off the expert run and land in the parking lot next to car and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance with a possible broken bone. The staff could care less, police officer at the seem said ambulance trips are a daily occurence. There is no protection to prevent injury, it was a free for all.

Owner is completely rude and could not care, town of woodbury shame on you for not shutting this place down.

3 Thank mcsorleys911
Ski A, Front Office Manager at Woodbury Ski Area, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. At the tops and bottoms of every hill are safety signs for customers. Unfortunately, the people who do not follow instructions and safety rules do end up being dangerous and getting hurt. Thank you for your constructive comment. We will keep an eye out for unsafe customers and plan to remove anyone who becomes dangerous to themselves and other customers. It is not a daily occurrence for the ambulance to be here at Woodbury Ski Area. Last winter season, under 10 people were injured. This is an extremely low number for a ski area. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us via phone or Facebook!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Expensive snow tubing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went snow tubing here with the kids age 5 and 7. It was fun but quite expensive for what you get. $180 for 2 adults and 2 kids and 2 double sleds for 1.5hrs of tubing. At least we brought our own helmets. At the time, only the magic carpet was open and even then it broke down a few times and we had to walk up. I would agree with the disorganization and lack of customer service. And it doesn't seem very safe. As for the skiing, its not a place for kids to ski, its quite advanced and steep. However, there are not many snow tubing places like this in this part of Connecticut.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank nylon88
I am sorry to hear that you believe our prices are high. Fortunately, our Facebook page is under new management and offers NEW weekly deals, promotions and coupons! These could save you a lot of money! Our weekly deals on Facebook save you 50% off with the coupon provided on the page! Our Facebook page can be found under: facebook . com / woodburyski ! Also, check out groupon, amazon local, and livingsocial for deals close to half off normal price!
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Despite Deal Not Worth It”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I usually go to Hunter Mountain but my friends and I purchased the Living Social deal for a lesson and rentals and wanted to check Woodbury out. From the second we got there we knew we were about to find a mess. The place itself is small with just two hills on either side of the street.
When we walked in to the ticket/rental lobby everyone was clueless as to how to help us. The girl behind the counter did not speak much english and had us wait until she pulled a guy from the rental shop to help us. Both of them didn't know how to process our living social deal and had us then wait for the owner to come in. We finally got it all settled and asked where the locker room/ changing room was. They let us know they just had a bathroom(very small) and we could leave our stuff in the rental room (not recommended). So we went back to the car and left our stuff in the trunk.
We asked who would be doing our lesson and no one knew. Then someone came in and asked the young guy who was getting our shoes and snowboards if he could do it. On our way out to the small hill he said this was his first time ever giving a lesson but would try his best -_-.
I don't understand how a company would put a deal up on Living Social and not be ready to accommodate all the people that will buy the deal.

Thankfully, we didn't experience any crowds, and there were only about 50 people between both hills that day so we got to do our own thing but I'd never do back.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank Mariely M
Vernon, Connecticut, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Overcrowded, understaffed & dangerous!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The parking lot is incredibly small and dangerous because of the narrow, steep entrance and pot-hole filled dirt spaces. We saw only a few staff members to support the 100+ customers. The price is far too high. We ended up walking up the mountain to save time from the long lines that wrapped around into the path of oncoming tubers. I witnessed several collisions. I asked myself, what am i paying for? I could have gone to a local hill closer to home for free. Also, I smashed into an icy wall down every slide. Even by slowing down with my feet, I couldn't control my direction or speed. No safety provisions enforced by the staff. Definitely do not pay full price (use the living social deal) if you do decide to go, and bring your own food (cafeteria was extremely overpriced). On paper, this place sounds great. Lots of BAD to say about it. BUYER BEWARE.

Visited January 2013