“Horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this place. Only 2 trails. One for beginner and the other for really advanced- straight down drop icy trail. Horrible and dangerous. Owner is unpleasant and rude. Stay away!!

4 Thank NYMom863

Hamden, Connecticut
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Hauntingly Dangerous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

A week later I still can't stop thinking of how grateful I am that my family did not get seriously hurt. We left with a fat lip, and several swollen and black and blued knees. I learned of Woodbury Ski Area on LivingSocial, and jumped at the chance to have my child try skiing for the first time at an obviously easy area. The instructors were very good. However, the entire property was poorly maintained from icy spots throughout parking lots, walkways and entrances to the poor tubing track. The tubing track ended with a small snow bank just before a storage area for rusty skating ramps. Several women complained to the management while we were there, several staff members dismissed there concerns. No one had the courtesy to even humor the concerns by checking out the areas mentioned. The flyers posted all around the main building stating that you ski, tube and play at your own risk should have sent me back to my car.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank MYSV3340
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not worth your time or money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I brought my family there today for some fun snow tubing. The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. The office smelled of skunk and the bathrooms were filthy. We rented helmets for my children and the girl helping us could barely speak English and misfitted her with one so large, it would have done more harm than good. . Once we got to the tubing hill it was total chaos. There was no one giving instructions or direction on how to proceed with the hill. People flying down everywhere. Very dangerous. I would not recommend this place to anyone, especially for what the charge and for the safety of all.

6 Thank Familytravelguy1
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Woodbury Should be Closed Down. Dangerous and Completely Negligent.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We decided to go snow tubing and looked online to find a snow tubing place that allowed my almost 4 year old to tube as well. I should have left her home because I have to say one of the most disgustingly unorganized and dangerous places I have been to.

We went with my wife, my father in law and my 7 and 3 year olds. It was packed but that was to be expected since we went on 12/28. We paid for this family tube that looked like fun. The family tube is very heavy and no one told us that there was a beginner hill across the street so we tried to put this very heavy family tube on this little conveyor belt and it was not working my wife fell and so did my child and almost got trampled. It is a complete free for all with no one there to help. There are no signs to say this is the beginners hill and this is the advanced. If you love moguls/bumps and the possibility of getting severely hurt this is for you. If you have children do not go.

We went on the beginner hill and that was a Little better, but as you are waiting on Line there are people coming down the hill crashing into you. I am not a complainer and not very litigious, but this place should be closed down. When we spoke to the manager he was obnoxious and condescending saying it is our responsibility for everything. We spent 205 dollars for it to be our responsibility. I don't think so. I wish I would have read the reviews first. We even saw a kid going down one of the advanced trails, he could not have been more than 9 and he was seriously hurt and no one was there to help him as he was crying in the middle of the hill. I had to motion to the only worker I saw all day and he went to him. I am all for fun and exciting, but this place is run by uncaring, apathetic incompetent people and I would definitely not bring any families here. There are much better and well run places in the area.

Visited December 2012
8 Thank Davidserle
New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“SMALL PLACE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

It's is true that you enjoy snow tubing but this place is not what see on the wessite. IT'S VERY SMALL. Basically you cross the street and there is an area for snow tubing and then you cross and there is the other "park" where there s only TWO roads of basically 2 minute ride down the hill. This place HAS TERRIBLE PARKING. ALSO THE INSTRUCTORS OR THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. A girl was going down the hill the wrong way and the guys (or the people that work there) saw it and he did not say anything to her "NOT EVEN "ARE YOU OKAY?" it was completely unsafe. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Visited December 2012