“Save your money, this place is a rip off!”
Review of Woodbury Ski Area

Woodbury Ski Area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Save your money, this place is a rip off!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is poorly run and maintained by a couple of 19-20 year old kids that don't know what they were doing. The wait time is rediculous to do any activity. Waited in line for 45 minutes for 2 groups to zorb and they then told us it broke and we can't zorb. Bottom line, save your money that place is a JOKE!

2 Thank Clb89

New Milford, Connecticut, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It just... sucks”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went there for my first snowboarding trip, but it was hard to get help from the staff. Many of them did not even speak english, so there was a language barrier. the snowboards they rented out were very poor quality and did not even offer a leg strap, which is a safety hazard on any slope. the snow was basically glorified ice, and the lifts are below standard. i would not recommend this place at all for winter sports.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Kevin B
“A hidden playground in the middle of a perfectly painted picture of the Connecticut mountains...”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Mr. Taylor and his phenomenal crew at Woodbury Ski Area only made my sons, their friends, and my day priceless as we zip lined with majestic views, raced down tubing slopes (green vs black:), rode the magic carpet:), oh and the zorbing ( wet or dry) all depends on how you like to get down the mountain, and then a cool down in the lazy river. Thank you Mr. Taylor for sharing your childhood with all that visit. Continue to stay young at heart...

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Expensive , but had a good time”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I and my 12 yr. old son went today using our Groupon coupons. I hadn't read the reviews before going, but am surprised at all the negative ones posted. Yes, it is expensive. Save $5 and get the 2 hour pass. Not even sure if anyone checks the times on them. The tubing was fun, with a beginner slide to start and a second which was faster and steeper. The kids working there seemed to be at least interested in what they were doing if not fully trained. We saw several zorbing runs and everyone appeared to be having a good time. We used the river across the street to swim in to cool off in after riding the tubes for a couple of hours. Bring your own drinks and snacks; they didn't seem to mind. Again, it's not cheap , but we had a good time.

Wallingford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awful Experience No Matter the Season”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been tubing here in the summer and winter months and am always so dissatisfied with the service. The owner is extremely unprofessional. Most of the staff are kids from other countries who don't speak English. And there doesn't seem to be much concern for safety.

Visited June 2012