“A hidden playground in the middle of a perfectly painted picture of the Connecticut mountains...”
Review of Woodbury Ski Area

Woodbury Ski Area
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Mr. Taylor and his phenomenal crew at Woodbury Ski Area only made my sons, their friends, and my day priceless as we zip lined with majestic views, raced down tubing slopes (green vs black:), rode the magic carpet:), oh and the zorbing ( wet or dry) all depends on how you like to get down the mountain, and then a cool down in the lazy river. Thank you Mr. Taylor for sharing your childhood with all that visit. Continue to stay young at heart...

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Expensive , but had a good time”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I and my 12 yr. old son went today using our Groupon coupons. I hadn't read the reviews before going, but am surprised at all the negative ones posted. Yes, it is expensive. Save $5 and get the 2 hour pass. Not even sure if anyone checks the times on them. The tubing was fun, with a beginner slide to start and a second which was faster and steeper. The kids working there seemed to be at least interested in what they were doing if not fully trained. We saw several zorbing runs and everyone appeared to be having a good time. We used the river across the street to swim in to cool off in after riding the tubes for a couple of hours. Bring your own drinks and snacks; they didn't seem to mind. Again, it's not cheap , but we had a good time.

Wallingford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awful Experience No Matter the Season”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been tubing here in the summer and winter months and am always so dissatisfied with the service. The owner is extremely unprofessional. Most of the staff are kids from other countries who don't speak English. And there doesn't seem to be much concern for safety.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Jen S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Times are tough.....”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Running a small area with insurance costs, poor weather, and of course Connecticuts business costs must be very difficult, but the owners need to either run it properly, or get out of the business.
1. Help barely understand English. All young kids, probably on some kind Of exchange program.
2. Equipment is in poor repair, rotting wood and exposed nails on the "magic carpet" lift, tubing run surface continually lifting and forcing delays
3. Expensive
4. While these are dangerous activities, and if you want a guarantee you won't be hurt you should stay home, they are quite laissez-faie regarding safety, many times the start of the runs unattended.

I'm not a skier, just went there to summer tube. Had fun, but this venue is doomed without some major changes, especially in this social media age.

2 Thank Jeffsterl
Coventry, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't go! Poorly run”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I went with our 3 children. We arrived at opening and the owners wife didn't seem to know what she was talking about nor was she welcoming. The snack area was closed and we were told that we needed to tell someone when we wanted to eat. The kitchen staff was very nice, but completely untrained. My daughter was charged $5 for one chicken finger. When I asked the owner's wife how many come in an order she said she didn't know, "but it should be more than one". We bought my daughter a zorb ride for $25. when we go to the top they said "it's not ready yet". This is 1.5 hrs into their wknd business day of 5 hrs. Then they said the water zorb was a minimum of 2 people..NOT TOLD TO US at the time of purchase. My boys already did the other zorb. So the owner says she could wait in the 90 degree heat for someone else to join her (no one else there was doing it!) or one of my sons could join her..if they bought a $25 ticket! We weren't putting another dime into this dump and asked for a refund for her one ride after already paying for 5 people. The owner was yelling at my husband and would not give in until he was threatened with contacting the BBB and Groupon. Even then, he gave us a lousy $12 back. He was a rude, cheap, jerk who has NO sense of public service or any professionalism in running a business. He should be shut down.

Visited June 2012
6 Thank Not_satisfied2012
Snowmore, General Manager at Woodbury Ski Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We take all reviews seriously and want to say it is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your visit. We would like to clarify a few points in your review for a better understanding. First, the owner's wife does not work here. The cashier does not work in the kitchen, but upon hearing of the problem with the chicken, went immediately to the kitchen to make sure you were given more chicken and apologized for the oversight. As for the zorbing, what we were trying to explain is that the zorb is balanced with two people inside and the ride is more stable so we wait for two people to fill the zorb. It is similar to getting on a roller coaster at an amusement park where all ticket holders fill the car before they start the ride rather than each person having an individual ride. Your husband did not want to wait for another rider and demanded his money back. We also offered to have a staff member fill the other spot in the zorb and this was not acceptable either and your daughter said she no longer wanted the ride. At that point, the tubing portion of the ticket had been used and we typically do not give refunds for used tickets. Furthermore, as we tried to explain, the ticket was purchased at a significant discount through Groupon, of which we only get a percentage, making the zorbing portion of the ticket worth only around $4. As you husband was screaming about wanting $12 back, the owner gave the refund of $12 to calm him down. We try very hard to keep everyone happy but it's not always possible.