“Hidden Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pulau Besar
Singapore, Singapore
“Hidden Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Spent the CNY holiday there. I wonder why the place is not that popular. Not many people know about the place and there were only few tourists considering it was a peak season. But that was a good thing for us as we were able to get the seaview rooms even though we didn't book early.

I must say it was way above my expectations. The beach was so beautiful with clear blue waters and soft powder-fine white sand. The rooms were large with 2 beds and the bathroom was very spacious. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Food was great with local and western options. There's a swimming pool (which I thought could use more cleaning), billiard table, dart board, mini-library, and beach volleyball court. There are no water sports except kayaking and snorkeling. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway from the city life then this is the perfect place.

I think they can improve on the boat transfer. The closed cabin boat didn't have any AC so it was hot inside. It was also a bumpy ride to the resort. On the way back to Mersing, we got the open boat which was so much better. But we got soaked with splashes of water. Worse, it ran out of fuel in the middle of the trip. Another boat came by and they asked us to transfer, from one shaky boat to another in the middle of the sea! Scary adventure!

I would still definitely go back. I fell in love with the place!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the seaview rooms for the view. They only provide soap so bring your own stuff. Yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChLoe1011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a big group of 40people over at Aseania Resort for a long weekend. Every single one of us were amazed at the beach, the huge rooms, the provisions, the food and the staff there. It completely exceeded our expectations and is a truly best kept secret and value-for money. Jasbeer, the manager, was very accomodating, responsive and hospitable.

1) The beach- at high tide was an amazing clear blue.
2) The rooms- were equipped with seriously expensive beds. There was a queen and a single. Families could share. The beds even came with comforters and quilts!
3) The staff were very on the ball and helpful. A friend had a cut on his foot and a staff quickly tended to it, placed antiseptic and bandaged it.
4) The foods was delicious- they had western and asian food.
5) The beach was treated for sandflies- we didnt get bitten badly.
6) There were heaps of group activities- snorkelling, trekking to the other side of the beach, playing volleyball and soccer.
7) They even provided not only bath towels but proper beach towels!
8)To top it off- they even organised a huge cake for 40pax for my bday. It was the biggest cake I ever had!

Basically, it was a memorable holiday, everyone was more than happy with the rooms, food (this never happens in big groups. There's always a complainer). Perhaps because everyone was very chilled. I get very paricular about cleanliness but I must say, the bathrooms were spacious and clean. The rooms were even equipped with hot water, air con, basic neccesstities. But the towels and expensive, comfortable beds & pillows really topped it off. You don't expect towels in basic chalets such as these. Jasbeer really takes pride in the place and it is reflected in the whole resort. Truly an amazing and recommended place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank zohria_nunis
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I love the sensation of fine sand lining my soles as I amble along the beachside path in the warm mid-September sun. Fringed with refreshingly clear, teal colored waters on our left, and calmly swaying casuarinas on our right, I thought to myself, "Nothing says 'relaxing beachside getaway' more than this", as we approach Aseania's wooden rustic reception & lounge.

As me and my partner found out, a visit to Pulau Besar and Aseania Resort is a fantastic R&R destination, for that perfect getaway from the daily grind. We were more than pleased with all aspects of the resort during our 3D2N stay. Our welcome drink was simple but refreshingly thoughtful, and check in was quick & easy.

===ROOM 304===
The country view villa we got was large, with 1 king bed & 1 single bed. Bathroom was simple and clean. There was even a small rattan couch in there. Rooms were one of the better "beachside" villas/chalets I've stayed in. Wooden floors, walls, roofing - but all clean & almost quite bug free. Excellent!

If I had to quip, I'd say the chalets were slightly old and could do with a refresh - but that'd probably reduce the beachside charm of the resort. No TV in the room. This may matter to some.

===ACTIVITIES & THE BEACH===
The resort features a pool table, board games, a library (a few book shelves) which also holds a number of foreign books, a dart board and a TV in the common lounge. And then there's the beach, which is all the entertainment most visitors ever need.

Aseania has an amazing beach fronting the resort. White sands, crystal blue ish-teal ish waters. They also have a number of deck chairs & shades for guests to enjoy (which we did). Kayaks can also be rented from a nearby operator.

===DINING===
The food was surprisingly good! I've never had a good opinion of beachside resort fare, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of Aseania's offerings. Aseania serves simple spread of local & western cuisine ranging from fried noodles to grilled chicken, however it had us going back for seconds each time! Sunday night's barbecue was beyond excellent! Prices are slightly on the pricey side, but aren't all resorts like that? The seafront dining patio is well in the tree shade and little quaint lamps give it a dim, romantic mood. With the gentle ocean breeze and nearby crashing waves - and you have no better place to spend with a book, beer, and loved one.

There are a few other options for food - a few nearby resorts and a couple of shacks, but you won't go wrong sticking with just Aseania.

===SERVICE===
Always with a smile, Aseania's customer service was top notch. They were attentive, friendly, and helpful in all aspects. From serving food, delivering hair dryers, to carrying our luggage, their service left nothing to be desired.

===OTHER THINGS===
Don't forget your mosquito repellant. I forgot mine but thank heavens the mosquitoes let me off easy. Sand flies - different story.

One minor annoyance we had was that despite Pulau Besar being thronged by coconut trees, we found it impossible to find someone who would sell us a coconut to drink. Someone mentioned apparently the trees are too tall (they were!). Peculiar much?

===CONCLUSION===
Unless you expect "Pangkor-Laut-type-5-star-characteristics" in everything, you will love a stay at Pulau Besar & Aseania Resort. Highly recommended and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are only few sea facing rooms (amazing to wake up to the sun, sky, sea, & sand). But don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The warm welcome from the staff was excellent . The beach is clean daily by the staff and well maintain .good tasting food is served daily and not the same food daily.the cozy bar was well maintain and up to date .the rooms were big and with 2 beds - yes 2 beds . Garden and compound excellent cleanness .the swimming pool was clean and well maintain.i will surely recommend this resort to family with kids/ couples and honeymooners . I really have seen a great improvement in this resort compare to way back them . The in charger person of this resort is doing a excellent job . Well done guys !!! My family and I consider this to be our second home and surely will come back to this resort every school holidays. A very big thank you to all aseania resort staff for the good time we had in this resort . Well done.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Chrisbunga007
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed with my wife in August 13 for 4 nights,loved the place great for a relaxing getaway,probably 4 or 5 nights is enough though as there isn't much to do on the island apart from lazing around which was fine by us.Ours was an all in package ,The food was good and the Huts were large and comfy.The whole place could probably do with a bit of a make over but for the price I still think it was great value for such a fantastic location
I must give a big head's up to the manager Mr Jasbeer,my wife managed to take a fall on a walk and he was persistent in getting her to see (and arranged for) a doctor to check her out at no cost to us.Thankfully it was nothing serious but he still took the trouble.
All in all we loved the place and it is worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent 3 days with our family of 4 at Aseania and must say it was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Because it was a peak period we were not able to get another room and though 4 of us stayed in the same room it was spacious and comfortable. The resort general manager Jasbeer is really warm and hospitable. He makes everyone feels welcome and comfortable. All the staff there are also so warm and friendly especially Adam who will go the way to please everyone. The guests feel so homely that we bond withbeachnother very easily.
The surroundings is really nice too with lots of trees and plants also there were also birds, rabbits, insects, cats and dogs. I also like the treehouse, swings and hammock which you can relax. The food at the restaurant is good too. Only problem it is not open the whole day.
The front of the resort has lots of bats which some find them yucky.
Will certainly go again. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Don't choose front rooms as there are lots of bats hanging on the trees and they make a lot of n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank singaporeitaly
Kedah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Recently stayed at this beautiful place. As usual me my wife and our 3 young adult children. We are all busy doing our own things but at Aseania Resort its a great place for family bonding. Breakfast lunch & dinner together is every father's wish. Buffet food was simple and tasty. No great spread, but enough for us. Went for snorkelling, cycling, island hopping and night walks on the beach. Great great great. I surely recommend this place to nature lovers, honeymooners and for a near getaway from the rest of the world.

Room Tip: We got rooms at the sea front looking directly at the sea and beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in Pulau Besar
Minang Cove Resort
Minang Cove Resort
#3 of 19 in Pulau Tioman

Been to Aseania Resort Pulau Besar? Share your experiences!