“Authentic local Greek”

ABC Pizza House
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Winsted
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Traveling back to Long Island from the Berkshires we passed through Winsted and happened upon a non pretentious Greek restaurant for a quick lunch. We were greeted warmly be the waitstaff and had an amazing spanikopita and salad lunch, the special of the day, for $6! Locals in suits and work clothes came in and it was obvious many were regulars. Midway through our meal the patriarch of the restaurant came over to check on how we were doing and we had a wonderful conversation about travels in Greece. He hugged us as we left. Don't miss it!

There are newer reviews for ABC Pizza House

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been spending our weekends in the Winsted area for over 30 years now and have always made ABC pizza our Friday night stop. In fact, last weekend we made it our Friday and Saturday night stop. The food is consistently good. I had Spanakopita with a side salad both nights, my friend had the lasagna one night and pizza the next. Excellent on all accounts. The owners are hard working and aim to please. The waitresses are also hard working and friendly. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Some of my earliest memories are from ABC Pizza. My parents would take me there a couple of times a month until I was seven and we moved away. Once I got my license and a car I would travel back to ABC several times a year, sometimes driving a couple of hours in each direction. Now, over 30 years later, I take my daughter to ABC a few times a year, as often as possible actually, so she will grow up loving it too.

I recommend the Greek salad. I get it without the animals having onions, peppers, and mushrooms instead.

The only pizza restaurant I like better is Pizza Palace in Westbrook, Connecticut.

1  Thank Colin T
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Fantastic pizza and beer (Samuel Adams Boston Lager...); lovely waitress too....Giusy....:-) !!
My favourite in Winsted...!!

2  Thank dido93
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Just got a cheese pizza and it tasted like plain bread, no flavor, really bland. Go to Kent's.

Been to ABC Pizza House? Share your experiences!