“Best Italian in area! Worth stopping for.”

Monaco's Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Winsted
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Monaco's is a great restaurant. If you're passing by on your way up towards Butternut or live in the area, don't miss it. The food is excellent and fresh. Some of out favorites are their pizza, chopped salad, salmon with cognac sauce, linguine with white clam sauce, and the peppercorn steak. Service is hospitable and friendly. Candi and the other girls are lovely and Franca is good at remembering her regulars. Don't miss the homemade Tiramisu!!

2  Thank nathalie b

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We are warmly welcomed and recognized as regular diners. Meals for two or twelve are always wonderful. Tell them the Swordfish Lady recommended Monaco's.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was by far one of the worst interactions I've had with a manager at a restaurant in my time of dining out. Upon receiving the chicken marsala, we realized it was nothing more than plain chicken breast in a yellow, chicken broth type sauce. My sister likened it to "gak" as it was so gelatinous. Upon returning the plate, saying we were fine sharing the pizza I had ordered, the manager came over to our table. Or rather, assaulted our table. She was so rude and combative over an issue as simple as our not caring for the make up of the dish. She insisted we "didn't really know what marsala was", although I've worked in the service industry for 10 years, 3 of them being in an Italian restaurant. It was one of the worst displays of customer service I have ever encountered. Although, I must say, our lovely waitress took the outbursts from my two year old niece in stride! Should she ever get a job somewhere else, she'd make a killing!

3  Thank 10plusyearsinthebiz
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I decided to go to dinner on a Friday night, we saw the front of the restaurant, looked inviting and we decided to give Monaco's a try. And thats where the pleasantries ended. We ordered a water and a soda from the woman who seated us and we were given menus. At that point we were told Adrianna, our waitress would be right with us. After numerous times of the hostess and manager telling us our waitress would be right with us, we looked at the clock and it had been over 35 minutes. The manager came back over and asked if everything was okay, and we said we didnt see our waitress yet, she again said she will be with you in a minute, she is on her phone. At that point I paid the $2 for my soda and left. If personal business and phone conversations are more important than customer service, I refuse to give them anymore of my hard-earned money.

4  Thank Jason L
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I visit Monaco's at least once a week for dinner or take-out. We always enjoy our meals at Monaco's and it is by far the best place to go in Winsted! My husband loves the pizza and my favorite meal is the chopped salad (no olives!) when I am craving a healthy, midweek meal. For a "fancier" meal, I also enjoy the pasta dishes. The meatballs taste just like my grandmother's, which is a nearly impossible feat. The staff is always attentive and sweet.

Been to Monaco's Ristorante? Share your experiences!