“Great place to unwind”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
“Great place to unwind”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Recently traveled 1000 miles to this hotel. We got married nearby and chose to stay here after the wedding. I really enjoyed my stay, however, the smoking room that I stayed in needed some attention. Overall, I will return on my 2 trips per year!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Guest ~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have been staying at Hilton properties for many years. When I can find Homewood Suites in the area I am staying, they are usually my first choice especially when bringing the family. As a family we just completed a 5 night stay at a Hampton Inn in Bath Maine. Hampton has standard rooms, so the 2 nights at Homewood would be a chance for a family of 5 to stretch out. Just pulling up into the place I was shocked at the lack of quality from this location. There were unattended kids running around the facility like they lived there. After checking in, we went to our room and observed multiple rooms with kids running in and out, with occupancies exceeding 8 to 10 people in a single bedroom suite. The kids from multiple rooms all looked like they knew each other for more than I just met you on this vacation. As for the quality of the rooms, the furniture was out dated, the rooms smelled musty. The sheets on the master bed didn't fit and kept pulling off during the night to expose your body to the bare mattress. The walls were paper thin. On the first night we had to call the front desk because of a party with multiple teenagers to young twenties in the next room. The noise level was like they were in the same room with you. My daughters in the next bedroom complained that they were kept up all night by kids bouncing off the wall, loud TV, and then banging pots and playing basketball in the room the next morning. As for the breakfast, what a joke. The food was scattered all over the place with just a single person taking care of the food preparation. As I stated earlier, the place was filled with what looked like Section 8/Welfare housing. You can imagine how those families and kids devoured the food, and even cross contaminated what they left behind. After watching teenagers scooping out the eggs with their bare hands, and then another person taking Ice for their drink from the bowl that chills the yogurt, we decided to eat at the local diner. Getting a hot breakfast is one of the reasons to stay at Homewood. Watching a hotel fill its rooms with government money was not fair for those of us paying full price for an experience from hell. Warning, do not waste your money on this hotel. Not until they clean up their act and respect travelers who are paying a premium.

Room Tip: The rooms in this hotel are the ones you hope to never see with a black light.
2 Thank J F
Dear Guest ~

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. It is our goal at Homewood Suites to make you feel at home and provide excellent service. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Nice hotel. Convenient to the airport and whatever else a traveler may need. Cashed in HH points for this stay. Regular at Hilton properties as I find them to be clean and safe - my main priorities when I travel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I started staying here on business years ago and continued with pleasure trips. The good: Manager's Reception in the late afternoon. The breakfast. Excellent. Wifi: Excellent. The room was spacious although my eyes detected a bit of third hand smoke. I couldn't tell if it was coming from outside or was in the room. When I informed the front desk in the morning they offered me their 100% satisfaction guarantee. Maybe I should have said yes - I was 95% satisfied which isn't 100%. It's a great property. Great staff. And very close to the airport and I-91.

Dear Guest ~

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again..
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay and I chose the hotel because of a great stay a few months ago. There are many good hotels near the airport but the staff here are amazing. Every one I had contact with was friendly and helpful. I was expecting to check in around 7.30pm and had called to ask if there was somewhere to eat within walking distance. I wish I could remember the name of the man who answered but he immediately said not to worry as they were cooking barbecue that night and he would save me a plate! I got in earlier and they actually were grilling the meat and it tasted good!

The room was large and very clean with a comfortable bed. It was also quiet.

And they make breakfast - not the usual plastic eggs but eggs and potatoes with multiple tasty ingredients!

This is not the cheapest choice but it is reasonable, safe, friendly and well run.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Carlisle
Reviewed August 14, 2014

All my past experiences with this brand have been outstanding, so I was happy to have been able to book the hotel at this location. However, I knew the minute I checked in this was not going to be a typical stay. The receptionist at check in was efficient but not friendly. This surprised me right away because Hilton staff are usually over the top friendly.

The complex is made up of several buildings making it inconvenient for my 83 year old mother. I had to drive to breakfast in the morning, not at all what I expected. Breakfast set up was chaotic. The breakfast items were spread out across the room. I'm not sure why either because they had an area that would have fit everything. The hot items were in this location, but you had to turn around and walk by tables to get to the toaster area. The waffle station was on the other side, again you had to walk around crowded tables to get to it. And the coffee was in another area. Very haphazard layout, not at all convenient.

The carpet in the bathroom was soaking wet. The airconditioner unit was leaking. Maintenance came to fix it and apparently found the problem. We had to put a towel down so we didn't get our feet wet. The maintenance guy was very friendly and also changed out our remote which wasn't working.

When I returned in the evening of our second night my mother who is always cold asked me to lower the airconditioner temperature. I checked and it was 79 degrees. I turned it down to 60 but it never kicked in. The temp was 81 when we went to sleep. I was thankful there was a ceiling fan in the bedroom. I'm also grateful the hotel realized this was not acceptable and took care of the second night. Overall not a good stay.

1 Thank mclsch
Dear Guest ~

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry that you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Hotel is located right down the street from the airport. The hotel features a fantastic staff, very hospitable. It it very clean and neat inside and outside. Laundry facilities are fantastic. You can't beat the free breakfast and dinner M-Th.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!