If you are grousing about this hotel then I'm going to assume you just can't be pleased. After some unexpected travel changes I was able to get into a fireplace suite with no reservation and provided with a list of places to get food, fire wood, wine, whatever I asked. My room was spotless, already at a comfortable temperature, decorated in a calming, relaxing, fashion, comfy bed, and more. Even the couch was comfy which is unheard of even at most 5 star hotels! For someone who's day was wrecked and didn't get to end at home with her husband and son as originally planned, ending up in this hotel in front of a beautiful fire with a glass of wine in hand was a very nice consolation prize. If by some chance they just bomb on breakfast in the morning, I'll note that but right now they were my silver lining in an otherwise horrible day!
As the manager (or someone at least) seems very attentive in reviewing and responding, I will list my ONLY complaint (and it is a TINY one in comparison to my satisfaction): I couldn't for the life of me remember which was the "on" and which was the "off" position for the little bar on an icemaker in a freezer - there was a small amount of ice in the tray but I wanted more so I called the front desk to ask which was the appropriate position for the lever and was told the ice maker was broken but I could get ice from the desk. Not a welcome hike in the cold. I left the lever in one position for about 30 minutes - nothing. Then I flipped it to the other position and - voila! - ice! I would suggest "I'm sorry, it's broken" NOT be the go to response for something especially when the dang thing ISN'T actually broken!
I travel almost weekly for work and will be looking more closely at Homewood's in the future. I will be back to CT in a couple of months and the only reason I won't be staying here is that my work location is 30 miles away but I may definitely swap hotels the night before my flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consider our hotel in Windsor Locks, your home when you have to be away from home. Located less than one mile from Bradley International Airport, enjoy the convenience of being an easy commute to downtown Hartford, CT or Springfield, MA. When planning your next family vacation consider the benefit of our property being located near many local attractions, such as Six Flags New England, the Connecticut Science Center or the New England Air Museum. Our suites are outfitted with many of the amenities of home, and during your stay indulge in hot full breakfasts every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Hartford/Windsor Locks Hotel Windsor Locks
- Homewood Suites Windsor Locks
- Homewood Windsor Locks
- Windsor Locks Homewood Suites