“Needs Updating/Better Organization”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Needs Updating/Better Organization”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent the night here after flying into Bradley International Airport. The location was very convenient and the staff were friendly. While I had a good night's sleep (the most important issue), the suite felt old and dated. It needs to be updated and brightened up a little. Also, there were some crumbs (or something similar) on the floor when I checked in. It always makes me uneasy when the cleaning staff misses something so obvious. I then wonder how good a job they really did in preparing the room for the next guest. The breakfast was very good but I suggest they consider taking a look at the organization of the food and drink. It seemed to be scattered around the room with little rhyme or reason. In fact I heard someone remark that they didn't even realize there were waffles available. They also ran out of coffee and people had to wait around while they refilled the pots. Having said all that, it was still a very good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelerJohn48
Homewood_Suites_CT, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay with us. Your comfort and loyalty are important to us. I will certainly look into and address your concerns with the appropriate departments. We will take your comments into consideration as we look forward to updates and re-organizing to better accommodate our guests. Please contact me directly should you have any further comments or questions. We invite you back and wish you wonderful upcoming Holiday season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tucson, AZ, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel was very clean, the staff and service great. Next to Bradley Airport but the airplane noise was surprisingly subtle. Good value for the price and felt very safe. Recommend it highly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Guest, I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and we appreicate your recommendation. Your safety and comfort are very important to us. We look forward to having you stay with again.
Thank You!
windsor,ct, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The reason for my stay at this hotel was very stressful, but the friendly staff and kind enviornment made the stay more enjoyable. Not knowing what we were getting into, it was very good to have understanding staff and workers. The meals serves throughout the week were very good and of a wide variety.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Guest, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Your comfort is always the top priority and I will relay your kind comments to the staff. We take great care to provide a home-like experience under any circumstances. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charleston, WV
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here because we had an early flight out of BDL. Our first room smelled of cigarette smoke so we were moved to another suite. These suites are exactly what one expects at a Homewood, with the full kitchen, living room area, and seperate bedroom with bath and closet. The suite was very clean. The bed was comfortable after we took the duvet off and replaced it with the top sheet and blanket that were meant for the sleeper sofa. For me the sleep quality was just okay. It was quiet and I did not here any plane noise from the airport, which is located quite close. I would recommend staying here for an early flight out of BDL, especially if you can't get a reservation at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: You may want to return your rental car the night before and take the complimentary shuttle over to t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that you had to switch rooms, but happy to know we were able to accommodate you in a different suite. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeeping department, who work very hard to keep the rooms fresh, clean and stocked with the amenities our guests require to make them feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and would love your feedback on a place in the property which would take your sleeping quality from okay to exceptional. Take care.

Bohemia, New York, Usa
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just finished a great stay with this property. The meals were quite good, compliments to the chef(s)! Judy, Michael, Cathy, Jannet, were just some of the kind, friendly staff me and my colleagues had the pleasure of interacting with. Housekeeping staff were very efficient and did a great job! As a Diamond member, I can say this Homewood was above par in service and of course the food. Rooms were very nice, outdated applicances, but hey-they got the job done! Definitely upgrade to a room with a fireplace. Unfortunately for some, several rooms (including the fireplace rooms) require guests climb a fairly lengthy outdoor staircase, and have exterior room entrances. If you have a lot of luggage, or prefer interior entrances and an elevator, I would give the property a call prior to arrival to request a preference. No guarantees of course, but like I said, very accomodating and friendly staff, see what they can do for you!

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the kind words you shared about the property and your recent stay with us. I will certainly let the staff know of the generous comments. I am always thrilled to know our guests, and especially our Diamond members found our property to meet and exceed all expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future and wish you and your family a safe and relaxing Holiday season.

Cincinnati
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night. I was catching a flight the next day at Bradley International Airport which is very close. My main reason for not rating it higher is that all the rooms have outside entrances. I find that very unusual for a newer hotel which is located in an area which can have bad winters. Also you can be on the ground level (as we were thankfully) or upstairs on the second level. That would mean you would have to get your luggage up a very long outside staircase. We weer safe inside our room but I avoid hotels with outside entrance rooms. I would never have booked this hotel if I knew that. The only other issue was that the drain on the bath/shower didn't work that well. Housekeeping should have seen this and fixed it. I don't like taking a shower and having standing water and hair and soap scum covering my feet. The woman at the front desk was very nice as she called the complimentary shuttle to the airport for me. Next time I'll pick a hotel with inside entrances to the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the staff to be accommodating. I certainly understand your concerns with the room and will speak to the appropriate departments to see that all issues have been corrected. I can assure you that our maintenance team here keeps our sidewalks and driveway clear at all times during snowfall, so I hope you would still consider staying with us even during those lovely winter months. If there is anything else I can help you with in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. Have a wonderful Holiday season! Take care.

New Berlin, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. This hotel was picked for us by traveling teams for our sons hockey team. The accommodations and staff were great! Your manager Judy was EXTREMELY helpful in helping our team manager prepare for this group and in coordinating a team meal when our caterer cancelled! Manager Reception on Monday was incredible!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am so thrilled to know you had a wonderful stay. We certainly enjoyed the Hockey weekend and welcome you back any time tournaments bring you are way. Judy is a wonderful asset to our team and goes above and beyond to exceed our guest's expectations. I will be sure to pass on your very generous words. I will certainly let our evening reception team know of your feedback as well. Thank you again for staying with Homewood Suites Windsor Locks and have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!