Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Undergoing renovation, so some things may improve. And no problems with the staff, who seemed to be making an effort. But if I came back, I would try elsewhere...

This place is TIRED! The lobby/dining area is OK, and the TVs in the rooms are up-to-date, but everything else in the room looks as though it has been around since the late 80s or early 90s. The linens and the towels were clean, but looked and felt worn out. The wi-fi was a little flaky, but I have had worse. Seemed to be a lot of cellphone dead-zones on the property.

The outside access to rooms probably works fine in California, or on a nice day in CT, but it is certainly no fun on a raw March evening with snow on the ground. Walls were thin enough for me to hear someone talking on their phone next door. Location is (of course) convenient for the airport, but not at all pedestrian friendly.

Just stayed one night on business, at a rate of $149 plus 15% Occupancy Tax. Breakfast was included and was OK, but not worth more than $10. Would have been annoyed if it was my own money! Not worth more than $100 tops, IMHO.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We value the feedback and I will be sure to address your concerns with our team. We are excited about our new look and hope you will return to see it. If I can help in any other way please feel free to contact me directly. Enjoy the spring season, and I sure hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This location is currently undergoing a renovation. But, I was not bothered by this at all. The staff here have exceptional customer service skills. The accommodations here are wonderful. Free wine during the evening social is a plus. The only complaint I have is I wasn't able to use my cell phone in my room. For some odd reason i couldn't get service. I definitely recommend and will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We certainly pride ourselves on exceptional customer service so I am happy to hear the positive feedback. Renovation is coming to an end and we are happy you are coming back and will see the final product. Evening reception is one of our many amenities that we offer and I am glad you had the opportunity to experience it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I come to this town twice a month. Tried several different hotels just to see which I liked best. This is it! Parking is convenient to your room. If you're a gym person, just be sure to ask for a room close to the main building. That's the only downfall I saw - having to walk outside to get to the gym. It'll be fine in the spring. But in February- brr! Otherwise awesome.

• Stayed: February 2013
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. We certainly hope to see you soon and wish you safe and relaxing travels.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Not only was staff friendly but they had fun at work, and brought the fun to the guests. The food while not my taste was enjoyable. Free wine and beer at the evening reception was also a very welcome plus. Not much around to do if you have no car, but staff can work out a ride for you to area stores, or errands. They are great and friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to make guests enjoy their stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

It is always a pleasure to hear about great experiences with our hotel. I am certainly happy to know we met your expectations. As a team, we try and provide an environment which welcomes guests and makes them feel like they are at home. I am glad that you felt comfortable, enjoyed with your stay, and will return to our hotel in the near future. We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Located just minutes from Bradley International, it is convenient for late/early arriving flights yet our room was insulated from highway and other outside noise. Outdoor stair access (only) to room on second floor was not convenient, particularly at night and cold weather. Room was clean and comfortable, with suite for kitchen, hall closet, living room, bedroom and bathroom nicely arranged. Extra blankets provided were welcome, although room temperature was comfortable. Remote control for second TV did not work. Breakfast included hot selections, as well as cold with nice presentation and comfortable seating. We thought the room cost was a tad pricey for the location, and our room was not serviced (towels changed, bed made) during the second of the two days of our stay so we had to request clean towels from the desk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your previous stay with us. I am glad you found our location to be convenient and comfortable. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future and certainly do apologize that your room was not serviced on your second day. Hopefully you will get to enjoy our complimentary evening reception during your next stay with us to note another amenity we proudly offer here at our hotel. Have a wonderful winter season!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Older hotel...apartment "motel" style with doors opening outside. The rooms are spacious but the furniture is outdated. There is a 1st and 2nd floor with no elevator. Noise is an issue! I can hear everything outside my room including the rooms around me. When I arrived, the clerk printed the "welcome letter" right from the printer as if it was a hassle. Maybe I'm just used to properties who pay more attention to guest detail. Not terrible but I wouldn't stay again. Not normal Hilton standards.

Pros: the staff was friendly and the lobby is the nicest part of the hotel

• Stayed: December 2012
Homewood_Suites_CT, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad you found the staff to be friendly and the lobby to be comfortable. It is certainly always a priority of ours to make you feel at home. We appreciate your feedback about the noise from the exterior part of the property and will work with our maintenance team to see what can be done to reduce this issue in the future. I do also apologize that you were not properly greeted as a Hilton Honors member. We value your loyalty and always do our best to express our appreciation. If your travels bring you back to the area, please consider giving us another chance to prove that your recent experience is not the norm of our hotel. I will also personally see to it that you are accommodated in a building with better access to your suite. Have a wonderful winter season!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

What you get....a large room with a kitchenette, and an apartment feeling. The front desk area offers free food for dinner (example: chili and pretzels), and the staff was nice. Clean

The issues - thin walls so I heard my neighbors next to me and above me. I was also on the back end of the property, so it had an isolating feel. Although they said they had a free shuttle from the airport, I waited 35 mins, called 3 times and ended up taking a taxi. The remote controls did not work consistently

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Homewood_Suites_CT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with the great experience you deserved. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback about the noise from neighboring guests and will work with our maintenance team to see what can be done to reduce this issue in the future. Please accept our apology for your encounter with our airport shuttle. We have shared your comments with our transportation team and we will work to better meet and exceed our guests needs moving forward. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary dining and that you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming. Your comments will help us as we continuously work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to the area in future. Have a wonderful Holiday season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!