Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a dirty hotel. By far the worst Hilton property I've ever stayed in. Even the towels were dinghy and limp and felt dirty, so much so I didn't like using them. Hilton should take its name off this property, which is owned by another company but supposedly managed by HIlton. The food also was not good. I love Homewood Suites, but this hotel property really hurts that brand's reputation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Homewood_Suites_CT, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad you chose to stay with us and we apologize for any disappointment caused by our housekeeping team. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Your comments have also been shared with our food and beverage team to review our offerings and continually work to improve our guests’ experience. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and stay you expect from our brand if you visit this area in the future.

Lisa Crinella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very quiet hotel - I stayed in the very back building, which had been recently renovated. The back building appears to be the only area of rooms with entrances from an interior hallway. The benefit to the location of the room was also the main problem with my stay - that there was a Residence Inn-style building between the back buidling and the front (main lobby, breakfast room), which makes guests walk all the way around it - not a problem unless it's raining (as it was the entire week I stayed). There are currently (Oct 2012) exterior renovations ongoing. I hear from the people at the company I was visiting that this is the best hotel in the area - it was a good value and the room was clean/service was good. Will recommend to others coming to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room in the very back building - although you have to walk outside (m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dunbarton, NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip as other hotels were full. It was a good value for the price, though needed some sprucing up. I see it as a great alternative for families as it is very roomy, and some outside recreation as well. It had a pool and a basketball court and all the kids seemed to be enjoying themselves.

They served a free dinner the night that I was there - not my thing but plenty seemed to be partaking. It included beer and wine, too, which was a nice addition. Breakfast was typical of a chain; good enough to grab coffeee and a muffin before heading back out on the road.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GlennzWife
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

This location was right around the corner from the rental car returns and Bradley Int'l Airport. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The manager's reception in the evenings and breakfast in the AM were delicious. The staff was friendly and super helpful. And the rate that we got was very competative for the area. You can't go wrong with this place, especially if you have a early AM flight out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the buildings that have access via a hallway. The rooms with direct parkin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rabalicious
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night after spending the day at Six Flags New England. Had a two bedroom suite. All the rooms were clean and comfortable. Loved having all the extra room for the three kids and husband to spread out. The included breakfast was plentiful - cereal, bagels, toast, waffle maker, yogurt, eggs, sausage and hash browns. Pool, hot tub and basketball court all in great shape. Free wi-fi in all rooms. Very friendly front desk staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GrasshopperBoston
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite July 2012 for one night, and wish we could have stayed longer. The room itself is Huge! Large 2 bedroom with big, clean bath. Good sized King bed room with desk and 2nd bathroom. Big living room area with separate kitchen. The linens & towels are some of the most luxurious I've used at a hotel. The outdoor pool and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. We didn't have the dinner, but the breakfast was very good, tasty hot foods and fresh bakery goods. The only thing I didn't like was I felt like we were staying in an apartment complex versus a hotel. I probably wouldn't stay there during the cold months. Also, the area itself is a little run down. If you need a place to stay with kids (I have 4 older kids), near Hartford Ct, or near Six Flags, this hotel is perfect for you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
State College, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I used Hilton Honors Points to stay here, so the management thought it would be okay to cancel my reservation and allow someone else to stay. After several phone calls back and forth, and the suggestion that instead of staying in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite, we put two young teenages on a different floor in their own room, I called Hilton directly and was given back our original reservation. I should have taken the cancellation as a sign and stayed somewhere else, but I did not.

Room was old, dingy and filthy. We were in section D. We arrived at 10:40 PM and were told our unit was just around the corner of the parking lot. Really it was set back in between other units and quite difficult to locate. Upon entering the carpet looked like it should have been replaced 10 years prior.

The furniture was was worn, filthy and nothing I wanted to sit on. There was dirt, beer bottle tops, nuts and other filth in the kitchen all pushed under the dishwasher, like no one would see it.

The bathrooms had mold on the ceiling, mold on the tiles, mold on the wood molding around the bottom of the doors. The carpets near the baseboards were either just plain disgustingly filthy, or moldy, not sure which one.

Hair on the bathroom floors from the previous guest made me gag.

If I was dropping my dog off for sitting, I would not allow her fur to touch the carpets or furniture - that's how bad it was.

Sofa sleeper did not have sheets. Note said, they are in the closet. Looked in both closets and did not see sheets Went to front desk and there were two woman working, they asked did I look inside a zipped bag with blankets. I said I saw the bags, did not look like sheets inside. They said they are tucked in between the blankets? Really? Give me some sheets, because I am not walking back here if they are not inside.

Get back to the room and the key card won't open the door. I left the first key card inside the room, the one I originally opened the door with. The lady at the front desk asks, Where did you get this key card? Seriously, you just gave it to me? The other desk clerk said, "Did you put it near a cellphone or rub it on a credit card? Not your typical Hilton service, friendliness or manners. Reluctantly they re-keyed the card - guess it was a daunting task.

I have traveled for business for 20 years, and NEVER have I stayed in such a disgusting place. The exterior is deceiving, because the lawn is well kept and manicured and the planters look nice.

The sign in the lobby claims clean, comfortable rooms. Must be at other Hilton properties. Brought this to the managers attention, and told her how disgusting their rooms are. she said that's too bad, I will see if I can do anything for you and get back to you. You guessed it, she did not!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!