“Great Place to Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night after spending the day at Six Flags New England. Had a two bedroom suite. All the rooms were clean and comfortable. Loved having all the extra room for the three kids and husband to spread out. The included breakfast was plentiful - cereal, bagels, toast, waffle maker, yogurt, eggs, sausage and hash browns. Pool, hot tub and basketball court all in great shape. Free wi-fi in all rooms. Very friendly front desk staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GrasshopperBoston

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite July 2012 for one night, and wish we could have stayed longer. The room itself is Huge! Large 2 bedroom with big, clean bath. Good sized King bed room with desk and 2nd bathroom. Big living room area with separate kitchen. The linens & towels are some of the most luxurious I've used at a hotel. The outdoor pool and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. We didn't have the dinner, but the breakfast was very good, tasty hot foods and fresh bakery goods. The only thing I didn't like was I felt like we were staying in an apartment complex versus a hotel. I probably wouldn't stay there during the cold months. Also, the area itself is a little run down. If you need a place to stay with kids (I have 4 older kids), near Hartford Ct, or near Six Flags, this hotel is perfect for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I used Hilton Honors Points to stay here, so the management thought it would be okay to cancel my reservation and allow someone else to stay. After several phone calls back and forth, and the suggestion that instead of staying in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite, we put two young teenages on a different floor in their own room, I called Hilton directly and was given back our original reservation. I should have taken the cancellation as a sign and stayed somewhere else, but I did not.

Room was old, dingy and filthy. We were in section D. We arrived at 10:40 PM and were told our unit was just around the corner of the parking lot. Really it was set back in between other units and quite difficult to locate. Upon entering the carpet looked like it should have been replaced 10 years prior.

The furniture was was worn, filthy and nothing I wanted to sit on. There was dirt, beer bottle tops, nuts and other filth in the kitchen all pushed under the dishwasher, like no one would see it.

The bathrooms had mold on the ceiling, mold on the tiles, mold on the wood molding around the bottom of the doors. The carpets near the baseboards were either just plain disgustingly filthy, or moldy, not sure which one.

Hair on the bathroom floors from the previous guest made me gag.

If I was dropping my dog off for sitting, I would not allow her fur to touch the carpets or furniture - that's how bad it was.

Sofa sleeper did not have sheets. Note said, they are in the closet. Looked in both closets and did not see sheets Went to front desk and there were two woman working, they asked did I look inside a zipped bag with blankets. I said I saw the bags, did not look like sheets inside. They said they are tucked in between the blankets? Really? Give me some sheets, because I am not walking back here if they are not inside.

Get back to the room and the key card won't open the door. I left the first key card inside the room, the one I originally opened the door with. The lady at the front desk asks, Where did you get this key card? Seriously, you just gave it to me? The other desk clerk said, "Did you put it near a cellphone or rub it on a credit card? Not your typical Hilton service, friendliness or manners. Reluctantly they re-keyed the card - guess it was a daunting task.

I have traveled for business for 20 years, and NEVER have I stayed in such a disgusting place. The exterior is deceiving, because the lawn is well kept and manicured and the planters look nice.

The sign in the lobby claims clean, comfortable rooms. Must be at other Hilton properties. Brought this to the managers attention, and told her how disgusting their rooms are. she said that's too bad, I will see if I can do anything for you and get back to you. You guessed it, she did not!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingBZ
Reviewed July 23, 2012

But everything is not roses. Best deal with dinner (no desert) M-Thur. Good breakfast most mornings but only bacon 1 time in the two weeks we stayed. OK after noon party with cheap wine and beer for 2 hours M-Thur. 2 room rooms with 2 tvs good for kids. Couch that folds out, sink, toaster overn and 2 burner stove and dishes etc. Big refrigerator and table. Good for longer stays. My problems, and remember we have stayed here often when visiting family over the years----I was rudely and abruptly treated by the manager when I phoned and asked about double Hilton Honors points (I had phoned weeks in advance and they had just participated in the previous promotion and he was going to find out why and tell me when we stayed at the Hotel) Well I had to call the second week and it was like I was supposed to know it was Cost Budget etc--as I said earlier a bit much. But the Food service ladies were great! Breakfast and dinner! I have a complaint against their Chief Engineer who like many staff are chosen once a week to help at dinner. He is a big man and stands over the food trying to make bad jokes instead of disappearing. He is large and intimidating and if you take too much beer he tells you, same with main course. This is just bad manners, in my and a number of other guests that talked to me. I know not his job, but if he's helping have some manners. Notes Handicapped rooms are in the back and were all (6 of them) under renovation for our stay. Toilet is very low for old person--bars very much needed. We tip well but even when we did we did not get sheets changed when we asked, sometimes. Housekeeping seems overworked. Get a suite close to the lobby where the food is. Be careful with the kids and the waffle irons in the morning our son burned himself (10yrs old). Coffee tea available during day-nice. Business center 2 machines and are slow. Yes we will be back still the best deal, but remember to check your car I had mine broken into one night under a light outside my room (yes it was a nicer car than the rentals but still---and the Hotel has multiple Non-Liability signs--maybe happened before?
Lots of kids groups here obviously for the food, so noisy most of week. Pool outside and just average gets crowded but whirlpool nice. Other options are more money or just don't offer as much still the best for that area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

On our homebound leg of our trip we decide to stay here as it was not too far to drive to get to Boston Airport (1hour 30 mins). The suites are really super, so spacious and it does have a full kitchen if you have the desire to cook. Very clean and well equipped. Lovely breakfast served on 'proper' plates with 'proper' knives, forks and mugs. If you don't want to cook there are a few restaurants close by.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite close to the car parking but there are some on upper floors and they don't h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uktravellerHampshire
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a great hotel. Nice and clean and roomy. Nice outside pool with hot tub. Manager on duty worked hard entire time we were there (3 night visit). It was actually nicer than I thought it was going to be. Breakfast pretty basic but good. We had the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit and it was like a large apartment. I would recommend this hotel if you visit Windsor area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We just spent three nights at the Homewood Suites in Windsor Locks while visiting family. We were very impressed and had a wonderful stay at a very reasonable price. We were in a two bedroom suite and had more than enough room for our family of four. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the property was very clean and well-maintained and breakfast was very good (Regina, who worked in the dining room during breakfast, was particularly friendly). We didn't realize until we checked in that dinner was included, as well. We look forward to staying there again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!