But everything is not roses. Best deal with dinner (no desert) M-Thur. Good breakfast most mornings but only bacon 1 time in the two weeks we stayed. OK after noon party with cheap wine and beer for 2 hours M-Thur. 2 room rooms with 2 tvs good for kids. Couch that folds out, sink, toaster overn and 2 burner stove and dishes etc. Big refrigerator and table. Good for longer stays. My problems, and remember we have stayed here often when visiting family over the years----I was rudely and abruptly treated by the manager when I phoned and asked about double Hilton Honors points (I had phoned weeks in advance and they had just participated in the previous promotion and he was going to find out why and tell me when we stayed at the Hotel) Well I had to call the second week and it was like I was supposed to know it was Cost Budget etc--as I said earlier a bit much. But the Food service ladies were great! Breakfast and dinner! I have a complaint against their Chief Engineer who like many staff are chosen once a week to help at dinner. He is a big man and stands over the food trying to make bad jokes instead of disappearing. He is large and intimidating and if you take too much beer he tells you, same with main course. This is just bad manners, in my and a number of other guests that talked to me. I know not his job, but if he's helping have some manners. Notes Handicapped rooms are in the back and were all (6 of them) under renovation for our stay. Toilet is very low for old person--bars very much needed. We tip well but even when we did we did not get sheets changed when we asked, sometimes. Housekeeping seems overworked. Get a suite close to the lobby where the food is. Be careful with the kids and the waffle irons in the morning our son burned himself (10yrs old). Coffee tea available during day-nice. Business center 2 machines and are slow. Yes we will be back still the best deal, but remember to check your car I had mine broken into one night under a light outside my room (yes it was a nicer car than the rentals but still---and the Hotel has multiple Non-Liability signs--maybe happened before?
Lots of kids groups here obviously for the food, so noisy most of week. Pool outside and just average gets crowded but whirlpool nice. Other options are more money or just don't offer as much still the best for that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consider our hotel in Windsor Locks, your home when you have to be away from home. Located less than one mile from Bradley International Airport, enjoy the convenience of being an easy commute to downtown Hartford, CT or Springfield, MA. When planning your next family vacation consider the benefit of our property being located near many local attractions, such as Six Flags New England, the Connecticut Science Center or the New England Air Museum. Our suites are outfitted with many of the amenities of home, and during your stay indulge in hot full breakfasts every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Hartford/Windsor Locks Hotel Windsor Locks
- Homewood Suites Windsor Locks
- Homewood Windsor Locks
- Windsor Locks Homewood Suites