Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
“We Come Back”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

But everything is not roses. Best deal with dinner (no desert) M-Thur. Good breakfast most mornings but only bacon 1 time in the two weeks we stayed. OK after noon party with cheap wine and beer for 2 hours M-Thur. 2 room rooms with 2 tvs good for kids. Couch that folds out, sink, toaster overn and 2 burner stove and dishes etc. Big refrigerator and table. Good for longer stays. My problems, and remember we have stayed here often when visiting family over the years----I was rudely and abruptly treated by the manager when I phoned and asked about double Hilton Honors points (I had phoned weeks in advance and they had just participated in the previous promotion and he was going to find out why and tell me when we stayed at the Hotel) Well I had to call the second week and it was like I was supposed to know it was Cost Budget etc--as I said earlier a bit much. But the Food service ladies were great! Breakfast and dinner! I have a complaint against their Chief Engineer who like many staff are chosen once a week to help at dinner. He is a big man and stands over the food trying to make bad jokes instead of disappearing. He is large and intimidating and if you take too much beer he tells you, same with main course. This is just bad manners, in my and a number of other guests that talked to me. I know not his job, but if he's helping have some manners. Notes Handicapped rooms are in the back and were all (6 of them) under renovation for our stay. Toilet is very low for old person--bars very much needed. We tip well but even when we did we did not get sheets changed when we asked, sometimes. Housekeeping seems overworked. Get a suite close to the lobby where the food is. Be careful with the kids and the waffle irons in the morning our son burned himself (10yrs old). Coffee tea available during day-nice. Business center 2 machines and are slow. Yes we will be back still the best deal, but remember to check your car I had mine broken into one night under a light outside my room (yes it was a nicer car than the rentals but still---and the Hotel has multiple Non-Liability signs--maybe happened before?
Lots of kids groups here obviously for the food, so noisy most of week. Pool outside and just average gets crowded but whirlpool nice. Other options are more money or just don't offer as much still the best for that area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Hampshire
Reviewed July 6, 2012

On our homebound leg of our trip we decide to stay here as it was not too far to drive to get to Boston Airport (1hour 30 mins). The suites are really super, so spacious and it does have a full kitchen if you have the desire to cook. Very clean and well equipped. Lovely breakfast served on 'proper' plates with 'proper' knives, forks and mugs. If you don't want to cook there are a few restaurants close by.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite close to the car parking but there are some on upper floors and they don't h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uktravellerHampshire
Charleston, SC
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a great hotel. Nice and clean and roomy. Nice outside pool with hot tub. Manager on duty worked hard entire time we were there (3 night visit). It was actually nicer than I thought it was going to be. Breakfast pretty basic but good. We had the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit and it was like a large apartment. I would recommend this hotel if you visit Windsor area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Weyers Cave, Virginia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We just spent three nights at the Homewood Suites in Windsor Locks while visiting family. We were very impressed and had a wonderful stay at a very reasonable price. We were in a two bedroom suite and had more than enough room for our family of four. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the property was very clean and well-maintained and breakfast was very good (Regina, who worked in the dining room during breakfast, was particularly friendly). We didn't realize until we checked in that dinner was included, as well. We look forward to staying there again in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank the4britts
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business visit to Windsor. The suite is huge - almost feels like a full fledged one bedroom apartment - It had a full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, toaster,coffee maker, etc - The beds were very comfortable - there is a TV in both the living room and bedroom. Its a great place to do a little light cooking and eat healthy when on the road for work. - I felt that the Building B in which I was in was a little old and the suites needed some maintainence - some light bulb covers were not in place and the carpeting needs upgrades (looks quite old) - The hotel lobby had breakfast and dinner - i didnt try it as I had my meals in my room - but looked good and the menu changed everyday. They have a small but handy fitness center to get your runs in. I liked the hotel, the size, service and privacy. I will be staying here again in 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Convinience stores and groceries are all close by - so you can stock up the fridge and kitchen if yo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Shanker B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were very impressed with our stay here. The suite was well appointed. The room was quiet despite being close to the airport. The kids loved making their own waffle breakfast. The staff was very helpful and when we had a problem with our hot water in the shower they let us use another room to get ready for the wedding we were going to and the shower was fixed by the time we got back. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Fireplace suites are beautiful. Lovely in the winter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nipicasa8
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed there in February and it was a cold walk to the "Lodge" for breakfast. This property consists of several separate buildings, some of which have entrances from the outside. I stayed in the largest building which had entrances from a common hallway. Although there was snow, the walk-ways were kept clear and the fireplace in the "Lodge" made the walk worthwhile.
All Homewood Suites have the kitchen area which is nice for an extended stay. The meals were all good and the staff was always friendly, helpful and considerate. As other reviewers have said, there is plenty of convenient stores and food places nearby. It's right by the airport and close to the interstate. I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WWWdotnotyoursdotcom
Homewood_Suites_CT, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your comments. We try our best to make every stay as comfortable as possible. Hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!