This is a first generation Homewood Suites. I heard one of the managers say it was one of the first 5 Homewood Suites ever build. That means that the rooms may be a little smaller than newer generation Homewoods, but the big difference is that there are separate building and the connection to the main lobby building is outside via sidewalks. Overall, the property is in reasonably good shape. However, the area is near Hartford's Bradley Airport and the grounds are confined and have an industrial feel. The typical ammenities of a Homewood Suites are there-- kitchen, separate bedroom area, two TVs, sofa, lounge chair, dining table, etc.
We use Windsor Locks as a midway stopping point on our 12 hours drives to upper New England for the past 10 years. It is a very safe area with all the conveniences of the suburbs-- plenty of shopping, restaurants and basically just off I-91, the main north-south road to northern Vermount and New Hampshire as well as Western Maine. Windsor Locks itself is a blue collar area but is very safe for a traveler.
This year, the Homewood Suites won hands down for the best value of the hotels along the Bradley Airport hotel row. The pricing ran under $100 and you can't beat that price for the size and accommodations offered. We stayed there going to our vacation and coming back so we experienced two different rooms. The stay going was perfect. Nice room although a tad on the small side for a Homewood with fairly new furnishings and in good shape. The room coming back, however, had furniture that showed a lot of signs of wear and was rather noising at night-- people above us must have checked in at 1AM and made noise for close to 45 minutes. The desk manager made an adjustment for the inconvenience which was very satisfactory. The hotel also offers a typical Homewood Suites breakfast which I have always found to be head-and-shoulders abover most other chain hotels we've stayed at; this was no exception. For a one-night stay, this was a great value Ask for a room with a separate outside entrance-- some of the buildings in the complex offer those rooms and they tend to be larger. We stayed in the two building at the back of the property where the room entrances were all from an indoor hallway (three story building versus two story for the rooms with outside entrances). The grounds are not terrific but they do have a nice outdoor pool in a courtyard between buildings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consider our hotel in Windsor Locks, your home when you have to be away from home. Located less than one mile from Bradley International Airport, enjoy the convenience of being an easy commute to downtown Hartford, CT or Springfield, MA. When planning your next family vacation consider the benefit of our property being located near many local attractions, such as Six Flags New England, the Connecticut Science Center or the New England Air Museum. Our suites are outfitted with many of the amenities of home, and during your stay indulge in hot full breakfasts every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Hartford/Windsor Locks Hotel Windsor Locks
- Homewood Suites Windsor Locks
- Homewood Windsor Locks
- Windsor Locks Homewood Suites