“Location was useful.”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Denver
“Location was useful.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The suite was nice, no real complaints. The elevators were a bit distant from where my room was. I had a lot of gear with me so for most it will not matter. The front desk folks were efficient if not friendly. They have beer/wine evening deal which was ok. Never made it to breakfast in my 5 days so no idea if it is worth it.

If I was to have to be in Windsor Locks again I would go here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patrickmcclure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have stayed in some really nice hotels and I must say this one is in the top 3. Love the wood burning fireplaces~

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2011

i am familiar with these properties from previous stays at other locations.
this one had the best front desk staff by far...carol was lovely..calling my room about 30 minuts after i arrived to see that i was pleased with everything..beacuse i had a very early 5am departure she offfered a "breakfast bag" since the breakfast starts at 6am..as promised bag with fruit/yogurt and bagel ready at 5am...
suite was cleaner than others i'd been to and appointments were great as well. fireplace with fire log added a really nice touch to a cold snowy night..
this area received 30 inches of snow the day before my stay and all walkways, steps and parking bays were clear of both snow and ice..a difficult job i'd imagine!
i will definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
weston, ma
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I agree with the other reviewers that this Homewood Suites has an apartment-like feel to it as the entrances all outdoors as well as to the main building. This Homewood Suites lacks the ambiance of other Homewood Suites / similar hotels as there is not much landscaping and the hotel is located near the airport on a very busy strip of road. Aside from a few fast food restaurants, there isn't much in the area in terms of dining options. This Homewood Suites used to be pet-friendly and now has restricted pets to only small (under 20 lb) dogs. Despite repeated emails to their management, they have not responded or will make exceptions to this policy, so I will not be returning.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank twogoldens
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night while looking at area colleges with our teenage son, and our 12 year old daughter. The hotel is located right off the highway, with lots of places to eat/shop nearby. Most units have their own separate entrance. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and my family commented it "smelled nice". I had no problem regulating the temp in the room. In the bedroom there was a nice ceiling fan. It was nice to have a little kitchen area with fridge and microwave. They even supplied complimentary popcorn. The bathroom was a nice size with separate bath/toilet and sink area. The bedroom had a nice comfy king size bed which we let the kids have, while we used the pullout queen couch. We enjoyed taking nice long bubble baths. The breakfast the next morning that is complimentary was outstanding. Such a nice seating area and hot, fresh food supplied. Nice spicy mexican scrambled eggs with homefries, sausages, waffles, fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins...it was awesome. The kids really loved it, and for the price we would definitely book again. The only minor complaints..and the reason I gave a 4 for sleeping was the pullout couch was not comfortable..but..you know, I have never seen a pullout couch that is lol. I wasn't expecting it to be, so it wasn't a big deal. And the people next to us, were loud at night..not really the hotels fault, but it was a little annoying. I also wish they had an indoor pool. They have what looks like a nice outdoor pool. All and all, it was a nice stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We just came back after our 4th stay at this hotel over the last 8 years or so. Immediately, the Front Desk greeter was fabulous. She was warm and friendly and told me that she wanted to make sure we were 100% satisfied.

Our room was clean and conveniently located near the pool and front area where they have the dinner reception and breakfast.

What struck us was having the pool to ourselves. After being at a noisy, overcrowded pool in Pennsylvania, this was a nice change of pace. It just seemed quiet overall. They seem to be doing painting at this hotel, but it was not disruptive to our stay.

The dinner and breakfast were both great. The breakfast had different foods than the normal hotel breakfast fare.

When I checked out, again, the lady there was VERY accommodating. She asked me if she could book a future stay for us. I didn't need to, but thanked her. Basically, they treated us like very special people.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Camden, Maine
Reviewed May 17, 2010

In general, I am a fan of Homewood Suites. Among the category, I find they provide greatest value. This particular property had issues. First, despite the request on my reservation, they did not provide a cot for my daughter. Apparently, their property does not do cots. Second, much of the room furnature was chipped or cracked. Finally, and this was very odd, there was only one desk member for the entire hotel at any given time. This was a large Homewood, so the clerk was flat-out answering phones or checking folks in...and as a result...the front desk always had a line.

On the positive side, the breakfast was very good. Fresh food and a great selection. In addition, I have to say our room was quiet.

Overall, I'm putting it well below a typicall Homewood Suites rating.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!