“Excellent Hotel - Great Service!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My sister and I recently stayed in this hotel. Our parents were in another room. Both rooms were perfectly clean and well-kept. We weren't far from Six Flags New England - just a short drive in our rental car. Breakfast was excellent and the service was second to none. Both rooms were priced at under $100. You can't go wrong at this hotel. Walking distance to lots of fast food joints.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Galpine70,

Thank you for your great comments, we always do our best to take care of our guest because our guest is our #1 pirority.Our Goal is to make sure the guest have an enjoyable stay, hope to see you back at our Fairfield Inn & Suites .

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at the hotel twice this month, two nights, the pool was cold, so I asked the front desk to turn up the heat, so they did, except for one time, when the receptionist came into the pool area about an hour after we asked, by this time we were already out of the pool. The second night of our second stay, we were in room 102, we stayed in room 102, the two nights on our first stay and the heater/cooler was not working properly, tried to reset, but did not help, I forgot to report this to the front desk. Hopefully this will be fixed by the time we will come and visit my nephew.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Jim R,

Thank you for your comments , Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Trip was business and leisure. Usually travel for work. Also have friends in Windsor and Hartford. If you are looking for a hotel, the Fairfield Marriott is a good choice. Just wanted to state that the Fairfield Marriott is a very nice hotel to stay at. Close to everything - airport, restaurants etc. You can walk to the restaurants. Definitely lived up to its class and is one of the top hotels in the areas. It is definitely a 3 to 4 star hotel. It is back from the road. So it is quiet. I think they have shuttle service to the airport. I didn't use it but you can ask. The rooms are clean and upgraded just like a typical Marriott. The staff is very nice. Just wanted to say a special thank you to Dion ( Supervisor). He definitely takes care of his guests. Very customer service oriented. He handles all of your requests with a smile. Very nice man. He and the ladies at the front desk are very pleasant and welcoming. Dion is very nice to talk to and definitely makes his guests feel welcome. Thanks for the cookies. Also, thank you to the breakfast staff. The lady for the early session at 6am really works hard to prepare breakfast. God bless her for the meals. The gym is nice - air-conditioned and the pool is big for people that like a big pool. You can do laps. Met a 12 yr old boy there and he and his dad were racing in the pool. Of course, we were the refs on both end of the pool. It was fun. There are lounge chairs and the view is nice outside. The lobby has a fireplace and nice couches to sit on. The maintenance staff was nice and the General Manager was very pleasant. Seems hands on. I was surprise to see him on the property. Said good morning to us although he was busy with other people. The maintenance guys are helpful. They attend to things right away. And the maintenance manager likes to smile when you meet him in the hallway. Don't remember his name. The cleaning crew is nice too. Very polite. Actually, the guests we met seemed pleased. Overall, I would stay at the Fairfield Marriott again when I am in Windsor again. So, it is on my list. Again, thanks to the staff and Dion for a nice stay.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. I didn't hear any complaints from pe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Charchey,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We couldn’t be prouder of our hotel, our team and all we have to offer and never get tired of hearing how much our guests enjoy our property.I am happy to hear that you notice and observe us in action,Our staff makes the difference of who we are.

Thank you for recognizing all the staff especially Dion with his great services and the breakfast attendant who has to get to work every morning at 5.30am to prepared.

We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Nice clean property and very nice staff. Convenient location near the airport. Also had a restaurant/bar right around the corner so you can get a bite to eat or have a drink without having to drive which was nice. No hesitation to recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2014

Dear Jimmywiz,

Thank for your kind words and great review, we are very proud of our hotel and work to make every guest stay memorable.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel since we live about 1 hour and 15 min away from the airport and were leaving fairly early the next morning. The hotel lobby is nice, and is updated. The staff were friendly although they had accidentally spelled our name incorrectly which caused confusion upon check in. The room was clean but small compared to the Hampton Inn which we had stayed at one month prior. For the money the Hampton Inn is nicer but were booked when I called. The bed was comfortable, and the service to and from the airport was good. Although the difference between Fairfield and the Hampton is the Hampton has their own service. Fairfield you need to wait for other travelers to board from other hotels. Still a nice perk though. We left our car there all week and didnt have an issue. I read other reviews about noise and we were not interrupted at all although we did leave at 5 AM. Another nice perk about this hotel is that they have a Ruby Tuesdays in the parking lot. So you can just walk right over and getting something to eat.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Jennyrose0853,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay,I am glad to hear you had a good time and that our staff were very friendly. I apologize for the name error, hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our room was updated and fresh. The bathroom was colorful and had a great shower. We were able to walk across the parking lot for dinner - several choices in the area but we went with Ruby Tuesdays.
The hotle staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage along with assorted muffins, bagels and more. Good coffee too! The hotel seemed to have many repeat customers and I can see why.

We also took a swim and found the pool area to be neat and clean with plenty of fresh towels.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in the front. Picked up a little noise from landscapers in the morning but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear BJ F,

I am so glad that you are sharing this great experience with others ,Thank you for the taking the time. We couldn’t be prouder of our hotel, our team and all we have to offer and never get tired of hearing how much our guests enjoy our property. our staff makes the difference of who we are.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

It is clean. I'll give them that, but not much beyond. The bed was "well slept in" to the point of being uncomfortable. WE stayed in what was supposed to be a "suite. One plate, on fork, one knife and one glass and one pan. Sure I could have called and asked for a second one of each but really? A room is supposed to be stocked and ready for customers.

Check-in was uneventful because the gentleman checking us in could have cared less. Maybe he was having a bad day.

Not so for the fella behind the desk who was rude to my wife the next morning. When I brought it up with another gentleman at checkout I only had to say that my wife had been spoken to rudely and THIS guy said, "You don't have to tell me any more, I know who you are talking about." Really? And he still has a job? How is it possible that at least one other employee is aware of this and something isn't done?

There are four or five other hotels nearby. I'd pick one and save this for the desperation call.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Steven K,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, I will address all your comments with my team . The staff was simply stating that he know who work that night and he was aware what you were talking about because you call from your room before you check out.I am glad that you were please with the clenliness of the hotel because our guest is what matters most to us.

Rest assure that we will work on your comments and I will make sure this does't happen again.I look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport? Share your experiences!