“Great stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My room is excellent; microwave, mini fridge, free wifi, 24 fitness, free breakfast....who could ask for more? It was a pleasant surprise to come back to my room and the housekeeping service made a small pouch out of a wash cloth and put my toothbrush and toothpaste in it so that is was not directly on the counter. This may not mean much to some, but little things like that make me feel welcomed and special. The staff has been all smiles and accommodating to what ever I ask. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this property to my colleagues.

The best part for me was that the breakfast bar included turkey sausage!! I do not eat pork, so this was icing on the cake for me. Awesome!

Room Tip: My room facing the back parking lot was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
vinod C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Alece2,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We couldn’t be prouder of our hotel, our team and all we have to offer and never get tired of hearing how much our guests enjoy our property.I am happy to hear that you notice the small things we do,Our staff make the difference of who we are.

We are definetly looking forward for your next visit at our Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Basically I stay away from writing negative reviews if the staff is accommodating to a raised concern, but I had some issues with this hotel. The walls are paper thin, my first room was unkept with stains on bed and upgraded room was next to ice machine which sounded like it was in my room. Kind of creepy to hear people having conversations clear as can be at 2am while getting ice. There was also an odor present in both rooms, not sure of what it was but it was not a clean fresh smell. Anyway staff did what they could but were not apologetic and seemed put off, pride in hotel was sorely lacking.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
VinodhaC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Jfalkingham,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The shuttle company Fairfield contracts with continued to ignore the request to pick me up at the National car rental area and take me to airport. After 4 requests and 45 minutes waiting, I had the rental car personnel take me to airport. Then when I arrived, my key would not work in door. It took 20 minutes for hotel personnel to figure out how to make a key work for my door. The room seemed clean but had a funny smell to it. The refrigerator made a noise so I unplugged it so I could sleep. Then I re-plugged in the refrigerator when I got up in the morning. The desk personnel failed to tell me that I needed to sign up ahead of time for a shuttle to the airport the next morning. However, there was room on the shuttle so I was able to make it on time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Yvette G
Paul V, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Yvette,

Thank you so much for your feedback,We will address all your comments with our team to avoid any future problems.You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Clean, nicely decorated Fairfield Inn style. Extremely close to airport (Bradley International) with an early free breakfast. Has a parking package, or park extremely closes by at any airport or commercial lots.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We arrived around 11:00pm on Wednesday night, January 15, 2014. Not only was there a nice inviting fire in the fireplace but the girl (sorry - didn't get her name) at the desk was extremely efficient with a nice warm smile. She checked us in quickly, told us about the breakfast hours, and made my reservations for the airport shuttle the next morning. Within less than 10 minutes, I had my key, was on the elevator, and into my room.

The room was typical for a Fairfield in the sense it is somewhat small but very efficient. This Fairfield has undergone the latest upgrade and the room colors were both soothing and warm. Just what you need after a long day on the road. Couldn't wait to hit the bed - these looked somewhat small for a double, but it could be that they looked small because I normally have a king. The bed was very comfortable and I had a large array of pillows to choose from. Within just a couple of minutes, I was out until my wake-up call the next morning. I must say this is one of the few hotels where I noticed the other travelers leaving their rooms DID NOT let their doors slam shut behind them upon leaving their rooms. What a novel idea! Being courteous of the other guests...nice touch Windsor Locks!

The bathroom is a little small but there was only one in my party so it worked out well. I did have enough room on the vanity to place my "stuff" while getting ready.

Breakfast was on the main floor and consisted of both scrambled and boiled eggs, turkey sausage (and I might add some of the best I have ever tasted!), mixed fruit, yogurt, cereals, assorted breads and muffins, and oatmeal. Two different juices and an assortment of coffees,and creamers along with hot chocolate and tea made for a rather nice selection. The dining area is a little small but I took mine back to my room and got a few e-mails answered before catching the shuttle.

While waiting for the shuttle, the fireplace was once again in operation and took the chill right off the damp & foggy morning. The shuttle arrived promptly and we were delivered to the airport in a very timely manner. Please note - this is not a Fairfield shuttle but a shuttle service that picks up at several other hotels in the area. There is nothing wrong with this but you do need to plan accordingly. The driver was very efficient and courteous.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The rooms and all public areas were very clean and all employees I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. This hotel rates a five out of five!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Spent a couple days here for work. Location is close to the airport, which is very nice. The hotel itself is standard for what you would expect from a Fairfield. I've been to nicer Fairfields, but Marriott does a good job of keeping the brands consistent from one place to the other. Service was friendly, breakfast was free and okay. The rooms were clean, designs were a little bit dated. For the time that I stayed, the prices were higher than expected and didn't make the room as a good a value as it could be. I'm sure some of that had to do with the season. Not a bad place to stay if you want to be close to the airport, but there may be better hotels around.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aspiring_Critic
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in the past week, & both times were nice experiences. I always try to stay at Marriott hotels because of their commitment to cleanliness & comfort, & this was no exception. The staff was very friendly & efficient, the room was nice & clean, the bed comfortable. My one "complaint", if you will, was about the scrambled eggs at breakfast-they were hard & tasteless. Otherwise, I enjoyed it-it was standard to what I expect in chain hotels. The lady attending the breakfast room was very pleasant, as was Ramesh, one of the housekeeping staff. I like being close to the airport & the car rental places, & I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport? Share your experiences!