“Very clean”

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Hotel is very convenient to airport. Very clean with large rooms. My daughter thought the bed was very comfortable. Only down side was arriving at night there is nothing available for food. we had to walk back to the airport to eat something.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as it was at the airport-BAD IDEA!
I was upgraded to the concierge floor and the first room was noisy. The second was an adjoining room. The third was filthy-dust was on lamp, carpeting was wall to wall stained. I was told by the front desk the carpeting was new. There was poop on the floor by desk. There was not one foot area that was not stained. I frankly would not walk without shoes on. Housekeeping was in my room and told me that the carpeting needed to be cleaned. It was filthy by the curtains and all around the room from the nightstand to the door and back. They moved me to another room. The air conditioning was louder then the TV! Frankly, for the money stay elsewhere. If it is cold you can not run the heat! It is too loud! You can not hear the TV over the AC. The food in the restaurant is not bad. Service there is good. The rooms are disgusting! For the kind of money they are charging you must be kidding!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Geekontherun
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel.
We recently stayed here for 4 nights for a conference in the hotel.
Staff are incredible and go out of their way to help you. They won't let you spend money on a cab if you are going somewhere local, and insist on taking you in their van! It is great to have a shuttle when needed!
The maid service was outstanding. Our room had gotten to be a bit of a mess and they cleaned up after us!
Internet was reliable.
They have a huge lobby area with several computers to use, also a very big table and chairs with tons of outlets so you can use your own laptop there. If you have a long time between flights, definately come to the hotel, relax in the lobby, use the internet and grab a bite to eat. Very relaxing area.
The ONLY negative thing about this hotel is the pool is FRIGID!!! They keep it at 'room temperature', which means ICE COLD. You can't swim in it and its a shame, they have a gorgeous pool that overlooks the runways, and they must pay a lot to maintain it, yet it sits empty because it is too cold to swim in.
The starbucks is great, the restaurant is incredible (great food & HAPPY wait staff). I felt like everyone was going out of their way to make us happy and feel welcome.
On our last day, conceirge took our luggage from our room and accompanied us all the way to the airport with the trolley, checked our bags, got them through security - I didn't even have to touch our bags! Incredible!!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Hotel is conveniently located at the Bradley Airport for early morning departures. Airport traffic at night is minimal, so noise is not an issue. Before the renovation, the rooms were very worn and dated. Be sure to get a renovated room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FloridaGreg
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Recent trip to Connecticut with a very short window in which to do lots of business & pleasure. I found the staff excellent, informative and helpful. Arranged travel and made restaurant recommendations that proved outstanding. Enjoyed light dining and hotel bar - found it very congenial atmosphere. Best part - walk to gate for early flight.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2010

After reading all the horrible reviews about this hotel Iwas a little leary of booking my park fly package. Well, we parked the car, checked into our newly remodeled room, checked out the pool, which was clean ,went to the hotel bar for drinks and dinner, food service was a little slow but not unreasonable,above average tasting, bar service was excellent . I do have a comment about the air conditioner, it did seem older and did make noise coming on throughout the night. Also, they had a beauty pageant for kids that day and it got a little noisy in the hallways. Very convienient for flying out early morning flights, went off without any problems. Overall, we were very happy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I had an overnight stay on Saturday July 3rd. The hotel was almost empty. I booked an "executive floor" room on a corporate rate for less than $130. I did not notice until I was looking at the emailed reservation confirmation information AFTER I had checked in that the executive lounge is not open during weekend days. No matter. I had a really cool view (photo attached) from my 7th floor room. The location of the airport is unbeatable. Unlike other "airport hotels" that are connected to one (sometimes only one) terminal by a long walkway or tunnel (e.g., the Hilton at Heathrow, Boston [Logan], or Amsterdam), this hotel is literally right in the middle of the airport. My room was pleasant. The bed was comfortable. My stay was during a heatwave, and the air conditioning was somewhat loud when the compressor came on, but effective. Only the bar was open for dinner. A sandwich was just OK. There is a (limited) Starbucks in the lobby. During my stay there was a power outage for about a minute. That knocked out the TV (LG digital). I waited for an hour or so while it "re-set" and had to call the front desk/wait for a maintenance guy to come and re-set it. Since all guests' TVs were also in need of re-setting (and I think there were very few guests), I wish that maintenance had just come on its own. There is remodeling in progress at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!