“Cool view”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Northern California
“Cool view”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I had an overnight stay on Saturday July 3rd. The hotel was almost empty. I booked an "executive floor" room on a corporate rate for less than $130. I did not notice until I was looking at the emailed reservation confirmation information AFTER I had checked in that the executive lounge is not open during weekend days. No matter. I had a really cool view (photo attached) from my 7th floor room. The location of the airport is unbeatable. Unlike other "airport hotels" that are connected to one (sometimes only one) terminal by a long walkway or tunnel (e.g., the Hilton at Heathrow, Boston [Logan], or Amsterdam), this hotel is literally right in the middle of the airport. My room was pleasant. The bed was comfortable. My stay was during a heatwave, and the air conditioning was somewhat loud when the compressor came on, but effective. Only the bar was open for dinner. A sandwich was just OK. There is a (limited) Starbucks in the lobby. During my stay there was a power outage for about a minute. That knocked out the TV (LG digital). I waited for an hour or so while it "re-set" and had to call the front desk/wait for a maintenance guy to come and re-set it. Since all guests' TVs were also in need of re-setting (and I think there were very few guests), I wish that maintenance had just come on its own. There is remodeling in progress at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JP&mom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 15, 2010

With so many other less expensive hotel choices less then 5 minutes away, it's tough to choose if you really want too or need too be 5 minutes from setting foot on your airplane flight or, take a 5 minute free shuttle from a differnt hotel. o the airport. The Sheraton is a beautiful Hotel no questions asked but, it's location comes with a high price. In addition to the high price;......the staff at the front desk the night of our stay was cold and unfriendly; they neglected to remind me to have my parking validated, they also told me there were NO suites in the hotel, but i know that isn't true, I've stayed in a suite at this hotel on another occasion; my free internet service did not work in the room, the technician the front desk sent to my room literally walked in.. did not say Hello, touched the internet cable from the wall for 3 seconds and said; Your Fine... good night; (eventually a phone call from to an internet support technician resolved the issue, the hotel provided us with the technicial support phone number and technicial support at no charge. The upper floor (floor 7) is gorgeous I will admit, however BEWARE, the decor of my room was great and the room was super clean but, the air conditioner compressor in my room made a racket. We hadn't even tried going to sleep at this point, had we, FORGET IT not with that compressor racket. According to the Security guard who helped us move our luggage at 11:30 PM from one room to another room, other guests have also complained about the compressor noises. Sadly, the room we moved into also had a compressor noise. however not as bad as the first room.
Still, for the price you pay, you wouldn't and shouldn't expect these types of problems. Problems at check out.. I'll bet a lot of guests have locked a room key in their room once or twice, I'm no exception; I was in a rush to make it too work on time after walking my co worker to the airport from the Hotel; I discovered I left my room key in my room, I needed a replacement key quickly.... only one problem.... NO ONE FROM the HOTEL'S STAFF was at the front desk. The only person there was the Security guard ( the same security guard who I HAD TO ASK to help us move all our luggage out of the room with the compressor problem the night before). I asked the Security Guard to please make me a replacement key, the guard said " I'm not authorized to do that" I then asked Where is the staff, he said they will be right, they went for coffee. Eventually one person from the staff showed up and made a new key for me. After check-out, I tried to exit the Hotels underground parking garage (5:40am) with a validated parking ticket the staff neglected to inform me about the night before, ( having a validated ticket saves you big money in the underground garage attached to the Hotel.) The problem was, there was NO ONE in the ticket booth to take my validated ticket, not a sole insight, the parking gate was closed, I sat idling in my car for several minutes or more wondering where is the Staff is at this hotel ? Eventually a maintenance worker showed up as baffled as I was that there was no attendant. The parking gate automatically lifted up after 3-6 minutes of idling. A parking attendant NEVER appeared. Like I said a beautiful Hotel but,the Hotel Staff was unfriendly, not helpful and treated you with an attitude of ' Take it or leave it...look how close you are to the airport Sir. ' Nice place but not for the money.

Jeff
(860)214-7000
Jdonnlin@gmail.com

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
BradleyS, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear Jeff,
We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Bradley Hotel.
We are pleased that you found our newly renovated guestrooms gorgeous. This was comforting to hear.
I do however apologize for the service that you received from our Staff Associates. We take this valued feedback exremely serious.
Our Parking Garage Staff arrives at 6:00am each morning. We do have a button to push at the garage exit which will notify the Front Desk that you would like to exit our parking garage.

Thank you again for your comments Jeff.
New York
Reviewed April 18, 2010

By "forced me to share a room with strangers" I mean there was absolutely no sound insulation with the adjacent room, and I could hear the people next door very clearly breathing, coughing, snoring, shuffling around, talking at very low levels, and the TV blaring until 3am! The problem is that there are doors connecting adjacent rooms, and they have huge gaps between them so it is the same as sharing your room with strangers.

Also the plumbing is as loud as a jet engine, which is ironic because this hotel is right on the airport and there are jets taking off right outside the window, except they are nowhere as loud as the roar of the plumbing when someone in an adjacent room turns on their sink.

This place is cheaply constructed, the sheets are stiff and starchy, the blanket is cheap, the pillows limp, but on the good side the internet is wired and pretty fast, and the hotel is connected right to the terminal so you don't need a taxi or shuttle bus. And the bar and restaurant staff do try hard.

I guess if you have to stay here, just bring earplugs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I booked a room at the Sheraton Bradley Airport Hotel on a Monday night because I had to pick my husband up at the airport on Tuesday morning and all the weather stations were predicting a snowstorm that would start around midnight Monday night through Tuesday afternoon. My husband had been away visiting family in Brazil for a month and I didn't want to risk not being able to pick him up. It was the smartest thing I could have done, because we did get hit with the snowstorm but his flight still came in on time. I never stayed at a hotel by myself before, but it was a very pleasant experience. The room came with a king sized bed, a luxurious bathroom and everything I could want or need. The added bonus is that the hotel is connected to the airport, so when my husband arrived, he just had to take the elevator up to my room. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the the hotel's Concord Restaraunt and by the time we were done, the snow had stopped and we went on our way. As a female staying alone in a hotel, I felt very safe and secure, which is very important. I would definitely go there again and highly recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Salisbury, CT
Reviewed February 14, 2010

It's been a year since my last stay, but because I'm booking there again in a few months, I'm sharing my experiences.

I've stayed here about 6 times, each time I had an early flight out of BDL. And you can't beat the location. You literally roll out of bed and in to the terminal.

For the money it costs per night, I hope to see improvements with their recent renovation.

Front Desk staff have always been friendly, the parking garage is secure, and the pool is nice.

I'd recommend.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Danbury, CT
Reviewed December 19, 2009

You can't beat the location of this hotel, especially for the 6am flight to Dallas. It does need to be updated but they gave us a club room last time and that was nice. Great view of the airport. They do need to cut their prices a bit $200 per night is way too high. Lucky the last time we stayed it was booked during Starwood's 50% sale. Much more worth it at that rate ($118).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Getting into this hotel is like travelling directly into the 70s. The lobby area is not welcoming at all (badly organized). The decor is really outdated. The restaurants are really not nice, don't carry a nice menu and service is rather poor. They are not up to Sheraton standards. Neither is the rest of the hotel. The front desk personnel is not especially friendly and nice.

To print your boarding you need to go to the front desk personnel computer. The hotel has no business center.

Decor in the room was like the rest of the hotel: from another era. However, room was clean and the bed was confortable.

Since the hotel is located directly in the terminal it is really convenient for early flight. That is really the only reason to go to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!