“Location, Location, Location”

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed February 14, 2010

It's been a year since my last stay, but because I'm booking there again in a few months, I'm sharing my experiences.

I've stayed here about 6 times, each time I had an early flight out of BDL. And you can't beat the location. You literally roll out of bed and in to the terminal.

For the money it costs per night, I hope to see improvements with their recent renovation.

Front Desk staff have always been friendly, the parking garage is secure, and the pool is nice.

I'd recommend.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2009

You can't beat the location of this hotel, especially for the 6am flight to Dallas. It does need to be updated but they gave us a club room last time and that was nice. Great view of the airport. They do need to cut their prices a bit $200 per night is way too high. Lucky the last time we stayed it was booked during Starwood's 50% sale. Much more worth it at that rate ($118).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Getting into this hotel is like travelling directly into the 70s. The lobby area is not welcoming at all (badly organized). The decor is really outdated. The restaurants are really not nice, don't carry a nice menu and service is rather poor. They are not up to Sheraton standards. Neither is the rest of the hotel. The front desk personnel is not especially friendly and nice.

To print your boarding you need to go to the front desk personnel computer. The hotel has no business center.

Decor in the room was like the rest of the hotel: from another era. However, room was clean and the bed was confortable.

Since the hotel is located directly in the terminal it is really convenient for early flight. That is really the only reason to go to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Sylvainautourdumonde
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I had the "pleasure" of interacting with a woman at the front desk to have my parking pass validated for the wedding convention I attended on Sunday morning. After I was told that the parking was 3 dollars, and my best friend in front of me paid 3 dollars- they charged me 6 dollars. I don't really care about the money it was the principal of how rude and inconsistent they were! When I commented on that, the woman who was working at 2:30 PM Sunday (I wish I had gotten her name) THREW the card back at me and said FINE I won't validate you at all then- pay the full amount- When all I asked for was an explanation as to why my best friend who parked next to me was paying 3 dollars less than me. They were SO unprofessional and I would strongly recommend you think twice before giving them your business.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NYCGirl5201
gstewart1967, General manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2009

Thank you for reveiwing our Front Desk Staff. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our staff to you and your friends.

This was an honest misunderstanding on the charge for parking as the vendors at our bridal show had paid for their exhibit booths and were entitled to a discount of $3, attendees were offered a discount of $6, which is much less than we normally charge for parking and the clerk got mixed up.

We again apologize to you for this unusual guest servcie by our staff. We are consistantly reviewed by our overnight guests with our Sheraton brand and have received positive Front Desk guest scores of over 92% this year.

We hope that you will give us a chance in the future to show you and your guests that this was an isolated incident and misunderstanding that meant no harm.

Thank you.

Geoff Stewart
Sheraton Bradley Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2009

We booked this hotel for its location as we had a early flight from Hartford and we needed overnight car parking,we used the park and fly rate and it worked out very well.
The hotel was fine a bit tired inside but was comfortable and clean,the car was kept in the underground parking for 3 days with no problems.
A good hotel for the price with a great location if you need the airport close by.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank familyhols9
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Yes it's in the airport, but it has become shabby and run down and looks like one of those hotels that is about to change the name to something beginning with R (not the Ritz Carlton).
The place needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. RATTY is the word that best describes this Sheraton, and almost everything is like a trip to the 70s, which is when it was last decorated. I stay here only because it is in the airport, but I think all my party (7 of us) would have preferred to walk from something more fresh than this tired old place. I wonder does the manager know what is going on at this place? The desk staf are friendly but if the printer doesn't work for boarding passes, they don't get much time to check in the 12 people in the queue.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
BradleyS, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2009

Dear Guest,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to write a response in regards to your stay at the Sheraton Bradley Hotel. We value each and every comment whether positive or negative as a way for us to improve our service.

The Sheraton Bradley Hotel will be undergoing a renovation of our guestrooms and public space beginning in the fall of 2009. We hope that after completion of this refresh you will consider staying with us at the Sheraton Bradley Hotel again.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

Only stayed a night. Picked the hotel, like everyone else, because of its location within the terminal complex at the Hartford Airport. Was meeting family flying in for some personal business near Springfield.

Hotel is very tried. Does not resemble in any manner any Sheraton I've stayed at recently. No Link@Sheraton computer area. Business center was one computer in an office behind the front desk. Not particularly enticing f&b options. The bar, Cloud Nine, looked pretty old and tired, same with the restaurant, Concorde. Had a quick pre-made breakfast sandwich from the coffee kiosk. Wasn't too bad.

The guestroom looked about 10 years old. Big ugly armoir, rear projection television. Ugly artwork on the wall, wallpaper, and carpeting. Very 80's-ish Ugly, old bathroom.

Parking in an underground garage was about $10/night if you stay at the hotel. Did not try wifi or see if the hotel had a gym.

Hotel needs renovation if its going to keep up with the rest of the Sheratons.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gahlisary
BradleyS, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.