“You Can't Beat the Convenience”

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
St. Augustine, Florida
“You Can't Beat the Convenience”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

With direct access to Bradley International Airport you cannot beat this location for the business traveler. The facility is well maintained with good rooms and a staff which is attentive and friendly. I attended a conference which the hotel coordinated well. Food is good along with the bar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is between the two Bradley Airport terminals, with an entrance on the ticket counter level walkway. We stayed the first time because our flight arrived on schedule at 11:55 pm, too late to rent a car and drive to our relative's home. Our room keys were ready and waiting at the desk, so check in was almost instantaneous. The room on the Club floor was clean, quiet and comfortable (free bottles of water, personal shower scrubber and gel). The breakfast menu at the restaurant had a variety of good choices, as well as a decent buffet. We stated several nights later because of an early flight back home. Dropped off our rental car and the courtesy bus brought us right to the front entrance. Even though our room was on the airfield side of the hotel, it was still quiet. The side TSA security entrance was steps from the hotel, allowing us to avoid the extremely busy main security entrance at the front of the airport.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the parking lot side away from the airfield. Get a room on a Starwood Club fl...
1 Thank PapaGIle
Christopher A, General Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for staying with us!
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

What a perfect hotel stay...!! The staff was amazing, kind, courteous and professional. The food was fantastic..! The facilities were neat, clean and well maintained. The room was clean, well main tainted, current, and well appointed. The bed and linens were so luxurious. I must say that I will plan to stay here again...!! I am so thankful to have found this hotel. I had a fabulous experience and look forward to my return. Thank you Sheraton and staff...!!! See you soon...!

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Come back soon!
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed 2 nights last weekend and overall the hotel is clean and surprisingly quiet since the planes are landing and taking off yards away. Although clean the property is wearing with age. The wallpaper in my room was peeling,and you could see where they tried pasting it back in spots. While checking in I asked the front desk to put the stay on my Starwood rewards card, they claim I was not a member. I am. I finally just left and went up to the room.
Like Rockydogz review below the TV policy in lobby is absurd. Sat morning in the lounge waiting for my basketball team to assemble the TV was tuned to an infomercial selling sex performance enhancers. I asked a staff member if she could change the channel since I believed the content inappropriate for the kids. ( some kids as young as 7 around the TV) She said no, company policy states that the station cannot be changed. Yes I may be a prude but is that an appropriate response to a guest's request?
On a brighter note: The breakfast buffet was very good, nice selections and they will cook your eggs to order if you wish. Reasonable price for a hotel ( $15.00 )

Overall I would say, stay here, but keep your expectations in check.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MisterMet
Dear MisterMet,

The TV channel changing issue is my fault. It won't happen again. In my opinion TVs have the capacity to change channels for a reason. Sorry that you experienced this.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotell three times in the last six months in the first two times were outstanding and the 3rd was good, but I had something happen that I've not experienced at a Starwood property in the past . I went to the club lounge for breakfast and there was only one other individual in the lounge. I asked the attendant if I could switch one of the two TVs to ESPN. She stated that one had to stay on the local news and one stay on CNN. I was befuddled and found this very strange policy. I didn't push the issue but it made my day go from a really good stay to an average stay. Again, another example of poor training by Starwood Hotel leadership.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank rockydogz1
Dear Rockydogz1,
Thank you for your feedback - poor training indeed. We have since made the necessary adjustments so that changing the channel in the club lounge does not take an act of congress.
San Francisco
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We checked in around midnight for an overnight stay. Our room, which I booked on Priceline, overlooked the airport's Gate B-22 - so it's super convenient if you have a morning flight to catch. The staff was very courteous, helpful. The bed was comfortable and they get extra points for having a make-up mirror in the bathroom. I wish all hotels were as thoughtful. It was also very quiet, but I don't think the hotel was full. There was a refrigerated case by check-in for snack food, but no restaurant services at that hour. Bottled water was available in the room. I highly recommend this airport hotel if you want to stay close to the airport.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Sheraton is THE airport hotel (i.e. it is connected to the terminal). If you choose the tarmac side of the hotel, you will have some good views of planes landing and taking off. Even though you are literally right on the airport, noise is not an issue.

The room was spacious and clean. Overall, though, the hotel felt a bit tired. The pool is excellent--bigger than you would expect. The exercise room is so-so. Plenty of treadmills, but nothing special. No whirlpool or sauna.

Service was good. However, we were on the club level and because a worker failed to show up, there was no breakfast on the floor (they gave us vouchers to the buffet in the hotel restaurant--decent buffet). There is on-site parking, but it is confusing. Make sure you validate all your parking before you leave the parking garage or you will pay a lot.

The signage at Bradley International is bad. To get to the hotel, make sure you go just past the departures terminal--that is where the Sheraton is.

Room Tip: Choose the airport side of the hotel--fun to look at the activity
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I apologize for your experience in our club lounge. We have since made the needed corrections. Hope you stay with us again.
Regards -
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!