“Convenience for flyers”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Peoria, Arizona, USA
“Convenience for flyers”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

WE made a quick trip to Connecticut for a surprise anniversary party and chose this hotel for its convenient location inside the airport grounds. We arrived after midnight and flew out first thing on a Monday morning, so this worked out perfectly for us. Staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and up-to-date. In-room Wi-fi was a little weak at the end of the hall but worked. We were on the Club Level (didn't ask for it) which was fine. As others have mentioned, exterior soundproofing is excellent while the interior was quite another story with hallway noise and a surprising amount of voice and "flush" sounds creeping in from adjoining rooms. I was a little surprised at the NYC-style parking rates, but the guest discount helped there. Overall, the convenience angle worked out wonderfully for us on this trip.

Room Tip: More central rooms have better Wi-Fi signals.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear RVTravelerNTechie,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. If your travels bring you back to Bradley Airport please call on me personally.

Christopher Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night before our flight out of Hartford airport. Quick check in, comfortable rooms and good service. Stayed on the club level.

The hotel is physically attached to the terminal so you can walk in from the lobby.

To the extent you need to stay over at Hartford airport, this is a great hotel to do so.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear TravelingRoger,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business!

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am not one to wantonly award a hotel four stars, but I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. My room was clean, and the staff consistently went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

I am an SPG Preferred member, (it's free, sign up for it) and appreciated being able to access the Club Lounge for free beverages, snacks, and light meals. Because of the holiday weekend, the lounge was closed at certain times, but the front desk provided me with vouchers to use in their restaurants for a free evening appetizer and a free breakfast buffet. The food was quite good, and for a hotel, reasonably priced.

Why not five stars? As others have mentioned, the walls are quite thin in-between rooms, and you can hear others speak. I'm hoping that perhaps the hotel can address this issue when they undergo their next renovation. (The place is sparkling, and it probably will be awhile!)

Finally, wonderful shower pressure. Thank you !!

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor, airport side, and enjoy watching the planes depart and land.....
Dear CMS113,

Thank you for your feedback. Even though our partition walls are fully insulated we are working on reducing room to room noise. Glad you enjoyed the view as well!

Pecatonica, IL
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed for two nights. I had a room on the club level which costs more but gives you access to a free breakfast and snacks in their club room.

I enjoyed the view of the runway and planes. They did not affect my sleep at all. The soundproofing to the outside is good. However the soundproofing on the inside walls needs improvement. I could hear the person in the room next to me talking.

The room itself was nice and clean. The bath shampoo and soaps were great. I loved having a scale too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear PamelaSueB,

I'm happy that you enjoyed the great view of the runways here at the Sheraton. Come back soon!

Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed May 18, 2014

When I have an early flight I like to stay at or near the airport and I will tell you that the Sheraton Bradley far exceeded my expectations. The rooms are clean, nicely equipped and the staff was great. My new go to place for early flights.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Christopher A, General Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Goshen, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Sheraton is connected to Bradley's departure terminal, which makes this hotel the most convenient for early morning departures. The entrance to the parking garage is a ramp under the front of the building, the take an elevator to the lobby. I spent one night before my flight to San Antonio, and my car stayed for a week in the parking garage. The room was clean and comfortable. No in-room safe, but that was not a surprise. The small bar had a friendly bartender, and I opted to eat at the bar. My ahi tuna was perfectly prepared, and another guest raved about his steak dinner. Breakfast the following morning was a full buffet for only $12. After checking out I sat in a comfortable chair in the lobby instead of torturing myself in a hard plastic chair in the terminal. It is only a five-minute walk to the airline ticket counters.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I so glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!
west Hartford, CT
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for the ease of making an early morning flight out of Bradley. Rooms cozy and quiet. Clean and nice staff. Hotel bar needed some improvement high prices and unfriendly staff didn't go with the rest of the place. It was crowded and they couldn't handle the business.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that we were not staffed properly to handle the business in the lounge when you were in. It is also clear that we were certainly not our usual friendly self. I've shared your experience with my leadership team so that we can improve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!