“Good and bad”

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I just stayed at the Sheraton at Bradley International Airport twice, bracketing my flights to and from Miami. I was happy with almost everything; the room was comfortable, our early checkout last weekend and our late checkin this weekend went smoothly. It was wonderful to stay there the night before a 6am flight and get some sleep when we returned to CT after midnight.

However, the first night we were there, my traveling companion got up in the middle of the night and found a cockroach in the bathroom. Ugh, but not unheard of; she killed it and put it in the trash. When we checked out, she mentioned it to the desk clerk and he was visibly horrified and gave us an unexpected, and unrequested, discount on our room. We were surprised and delighted by this.

When we checked back in the following weekend, we encountered the same clerk. When asked if we had "stayed with them before" my companion replied "yes" and mentioned that we were the ones with the cockroach in our room. The clerk glanced up at us and said "yes, I mentioned it to housekeeping and they saw no signs of roaches. Sometimes it's interesting what guests bring in from home". I'm not totally sure, but it appeared he was implying that we planted the roach in order to get a discount.

Well, we didn't; neither of us have access to roaches and wouldn't think to do something like that. We didn't ask for or anticipate a discount; we only mentioned it so they could deal with a problem. And I didn't appreciate the veiled implication that we were being devious.

Yes, I would stay there again; the roach seems to be an isolated occurrence and the hotel is oath wise nice and convenient. But the night clerk could use some improvement in his people skills.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
WHGGuestService, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your feedback. The reviews and comments we receive on our service as it helps up to continuously improve our hotel. That being said, I am sorry about the inappropriate comment made during your second check in. It’s not acceptable under any circumstances and I’ve had a conversation with the associate regarding the incident. Please don’t hesitate to call me at the hotel if you would like to discuss your experience in further detail. Again, I appreciate your patronage and hope this isolated incident won’t negatively affect your future stays with us.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been traveling to and from Hartford on business for over a year now. And ever time I am in the Hartford area, I stay at the Sheraton Bradley.

I get a great corporate rate including parking so the value is absolutely fantastic! Also, the service I receive is second to none! I've had the wonderful opportunity to get to know and build a relationship with Anish and his team including Hope in the Club Lounge. Most if not all the staff know me by name, which is great. And I am treated very well there.

Last but not least, Anish and his team are open to suggestions and recommendations on how to always make it a better experience for his customers including recent changes to the breakfast offerings in the Club Lounge. It was a very nice touch!

Thanks to Anish and his team for making it such a wonderful experience for me. I will always be back there on business!

- Deepak

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Deepak - I truly appreciate the reviews we get from our guests who have the opportunity to return numerous times. It gives me a sense of how we’re doing over time; so based on your feedback I’m thrilled to know we’re providing consistent quality accommodations. I’m proud that you've selected our hotel for your business travel to Hartford and look forward to continuing to serve your travel needs.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We always stay at this hotel if we have a morning flight. The bar--and restaurant are very good! We eat at the bar-and our bartender had been there for 24 yrs.
The rooms are spacious and very clean. The bedding is dreamy --most comfortable. The bath very clean.
The staff is most helpful from check in and on.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013

Located within about 50 steps to the terminal – check. Great food and drink – check. Clean & comfortable accommodations – check. Helpful and courteous associates – check! It sounds like we've provided you with an amazing stay! Thank you for your review and letting us and the Trip Advisor readers know that your experience was top-notch. I hope you’ll return to our hotel the next time you’re in the Hartford area.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

my family of 5 stayed here because we had an early flight the next day. We only live 1 hour away but did not want to take any chances with any car issues the next morning. We arrived around 5 pm and checked in, then went to eat at the hotel Concorde Restaurant. the restaurant was very laid back, low key and perfect for my family. The reason I rated my review as a 4 is because I would not stay here if I were coming to Connecticut to visit. I prefer more upscale hotels if I am going to stay for pleasure, BUT, this was such an excellent hotel to stay at for our travel,purposes. We paid to leave our car there for the seven nights we were away, it was safely parked in an indoor parking garage. In the morning we just walked down the hall to the Delta terminal, never had to go outside. Because we were traveling to Mexico, we actually were able to wear our summer clothes right to the airplane even though it was 20 degrees outside! It was so easy! When we came back from our trip, we were not that close to the hotel where the airplanes arrive so we were not sure how to get back to the Sheraton, but as we were at the side walk wondering what to do a Sheraton shuttle just pulled right up in front of us, and brought us right back to the hotel where we picked up our car. Apparently the Shuttle just stops at all the arrival areas throughout the day and evening and we did not even have to schedule it! We used to stay at a hotel a little further from the airport when we had early flights which also had a shuttle back and forth, but after they dropped our luggage off at the wrong terminal and us at another, we decided not to use that hotel again, it was a nightmare! To be able to leave your hotel room and walk down the warm hall way to our terminal with our luggage was awesome! the price was only a few dollars more then the off site hotels. The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms very clean. I will stay there when ever I have early flights from Bradley airport, and if you are not as picky as I am about hotels, it is also fine for staying for a visit to CT.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and proximity to Bradley Int'l Airport. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. I hope your family enjoyed your vacation to Mexico!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
- Super convenient
- Clean, newly renovated rooms
- Decent gym
- Reasonably priced restaurant

Cons:
- Very limited food options
- Public areas dated

Overall, this is a great hotel in Hartford.  It's very convenient since it's attached to the airport, you can just walk to your room.  The rooms were recently renovated, so they smell fresh and housekeeping does a good job keeping them clean.  I also did not have any noise issues, which is rare for airport hotels.  On the downside, since you're at the airport, obviously your food options are extremely limited.  With most of the airport restaurants inside security, you're pretty much going to have to eat at the hotel restaurant or get a cab downtown.  The hotel restaurant's food is pretty good and reasonably priced.  The hotel public areas definitely need an upgrade.  The elevators and hallways look like you've gone back to 1985...  The gym is small and has the basic equipment, but it was renovated so it looks like all the other newer Sheraton gyms.  I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the club floor if possible
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

I’m very happy to read your positive comments that you've shared with the Trip Advisor community for our Hartford Airport Hotel. Your comments have been shared with my team and they were happy to know that their hard work does not go unnoticed! Also, I want to thank you for your honest feedback related to our hallways and elevators. Your comments will be taken into consideration as we work to constantly improve and maintain our hotel. Thank you for letting us know how we’re doing and I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a frequent traveler and Starwood member I wanted to say that my stay at the Hartford Bradley Sheraton was extremely comfortable. The proximity to the airport couldn't be better. You can just walk downstairs with direct access into the terminal. The club level room is well worth it. The bed was very comfy and in room dining was delicious but the customer service provided was over the top. Many thanks to the hotel manager Anish for going above and beyond. I would highly recommend this hotel when in the area.

-MM

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Wow, what a busy season! I’m sorry it took so long to submit my response and thank you for your kind review. Your review mentioned our comfortable beds, good food, great amenities and our fantastic location; Those observations sum up the service and amenities that our guests should expect when they visit the Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel itself is a boring Sheraton; nothing special. If you arrive late, there will be nowhere to eat.Soundproofing is not great so don't get a room facing the runways.

But the real problem is the hotel's practice of not putting invoices under the door. This is ironic because the only reason to stay here is to catch an early morning flight. The advantages of doing that are simply undercut by having to wait at the desk to get an invoice. What is their explanation? It runs the gamut. "We are a green hotel." "It is for security reasons." But the most honest explanation I received was "we don't have the people to do this."

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the runways
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ishkabibl
whgecomm, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. As I review our previous TripAdvisor comments and room tips, I've found that most of our guests enjoy our runway-facing rooms and complement us because the aircraft noise is undetectable the rooms. So I’m sorry that you didn't also experience this and would ask that you contact us at the hotel so we can investigate what went wrong during your stay.

I’d also like to share with you and your fellow TripAdvisor members that Sheraton Hotels do not slip the invoice or “folio” under the door like some other hotel brands. The Sheraton brand has a strong commitment to the environment and no longer prints paper invoices unless requested.

(860) 627-5311

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!