Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport(Windsor Locks)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Pool
$69
$67
Agoda.com
All reviewscookiesdouble treebradley airportrestaurant barshuttle servicebed was comfortablebusiness triplobby areanice stayconvenient locationhartford areafitness centerfront desk staffrental carupon checkan early flightpark and fly
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Charleston SC
Reviewed June 21, 2006

I have read hundreds of reviews but this is my first post. Booked a 2-night stay and online (Hilton Diamond member) asked for a room away from elevator. Got a room across from the elevator. The window was wide open (no screens) and the A/C was weak. Stains on carpets and dingy throughout. Internet is $10 / night (only Doubletree I have ever seen charge). No USA Today in the AM, terrible breakfast buffett. I was going to check out but GM asked me to take a different room with a voucher for a free night. Re-checked in to find wide open window in different room and a loud bunch of neighbors swearing and partying. I gave them back their warm Doubletree cookie and went ot the Hampton Inn down the street. 6 employess now work there after coming from Doubletree. The gal that checked me in said she was tired of feeling like a punching bag working at the Doubletree. Just because they hang up a Doubletree sign, don't be fooled.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I stayed there yesterday night and it was terrible. I was supposed to stay at Homewood Suites, but they had a water problem, so I was sent to DoubleTree.
Instead of a suite at Homewood, I was only given a regular king bed.
The furniture is dated : it would need a couple of layers of paint because there are scratches on the nightstands. The carpet was dirty and had holes in it.
The bathroom was not clean: the maids would need some classes. The tub is updated and damaged.The bathroom is the smallest I've ever seen.
The AC is noisy.
The pool is disgusting. I wonder if they've ever cleaned it.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank First_time_in_Venice
A TripAdvisor Member
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 26, 2005

I stayed here for one night before a flight at Bradley Airport. I was happy to leave here after one night. Check in set the mood by the indifferent staff noted by another poster. I requested a room with no inner connecting door, and one would think by the lengthy "explanation" given to me about my being a Priceline customer, that I was asking them to build a new wing and name it after me. After I was finally assigned a room, I was expecting to be offered one of the famous cookies; however, no such offer was made, so I had to ask for one. The room I was assigned was small and in need of a deep cleaning. Two lamps had no light bulbs in them, and the toilet squealed like a pig every time I flushed it. Okay, so off I go to try the pool. This is a very small indoor pool with three brown palm trees adding to the "ambience." The lounge chairs were in need of a cleaning, so I made sure I put towels on them before stretching out. All in all, there is nothing about this hotel that makes me want to return, and plenty that makes me want to keep away!

• Stayed: June 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

This was a fairly pleasant hotel with REALLY comfortable "Sweet Dreams" beds. In general the staff was friendly and helpful, although there was one person who seemed very standoffish. If you looked closely, though, the quality of the hotel was a little rough. Our closet door didn't close properly, and the switchplate in the bathroom was set at a very odd angle. There was only one armchair in the room so the other person had to either use the desk chair or lie on the bed. We only ate in the restaurant the first night we arrived, and they were out of what I wanted to order. The soup and salad we ended up ordering was nothing spectacular. As mentioned earlier, there was no complimentary breakfast, and they also charged $10/day for internet in your room. The single computer in the business center was usually in use. They did have a free shuttle to the airport.

We were attending a workshop and the meeting room was pleasant with a big window. However, the public phones and the door to the pool were right on the other side of the wall. It was a holiday weekend and sometimes kids got downright noisy in the hallway and we had to ask them to pipe down in order to continue with our workshop.

There were several restaurants in walking distance. The one we enjoyed most was Skooters, a flashback to a 50's diner, jukebox and all! Prices were great, and food was good. We also ate at Ruby Tuesday's where the food was good but the service was SLOOOOOWWW! Also Friendly's, and a China King Buffet which from the way I felt afterwards must have been loaded with MSG.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank JLNH
Reviewed May 4, 2005

Stayed here for a weekend and requested their executive suite, the only one in the hotel...amazingly, they granted this in advance.

Suite was 1 bedroom beautifully decorated with an incredibly comfortable bed, but I've stayed here once more in a regular king room and also had a great night's sleep.

Service was impeccable. Every request was met with a smile....directions, extra pillows, even an extended late check-out. Small bar/restaurant in the hotel also was great, as was breakfast. The layout of both places is perfect...high ceilings, quick service, good menu, reasonable prices. Business center also is first-rate. Some beautiful countryside around this hotel as well.

I can't stress enough how smoothly everything went the weekend spent here. I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2005