Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Keene, New Hampshire, United States
“needs renovation”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

signs say it is in the process of being renovated, but there are no signs of that. stayed 12/25/2013, our room was shabby, with scuffs on the walls, stains on the floor, broken tiles in the bathroom floor. The long-term parking is a bargain compared to the neighboring park and fly's. $30 for up to 2 weeks. The bar is friendly, but the restaurant food is middle of the road. we had a quesadilla and a steak. the steak was full of gristle. the room heater was loud at the end of the heat cycle, like a loud sigh. Needless to say we turned the heat off for the night. We'll stay again, most likely, but after renovations are completed.

Room Tip: ours was too near the maids' station
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Ann,

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our park and fly package. I apologize for the condition of your room. We just finished our first wing of guest room updates and I think you'll be pleased your next visit. Thanks for the feedback and I hope to meet you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Templeton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here one night during a snow storm as I couldn't drive home due to the snow and ice conditions on the road. From the lobby and exterior the hotel seems updated but my room was so outdated. I couldn't get the heater to warm the room. It just kept making loud clunking noises and blowing cold air. I asked to switch rooms but the hotel was sold out.

After the 2nd call to maintenance at 11pm, the guy brought a "newer" furnace unit and replaced the entire thing. Finally I had heat at 11:30pm. So much for a good night's sleep.

Also the room smelled really bad and the carpets were all stained. Definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sorry you were dissappointed with your stay. I remember this situation. Your compressor unit failed and our engineering staff was able to pull one out of one of the rooms getting renovated so we could get yours back online. While the mechanical failure was certainly unfortunate, I am proud of our technician who worked very hard and stayed past his shift to make sure to get the unit fixed. With our rooms renovation under way, I hope you will consider giving us another chance next time you're in the area.
Hartford, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Avoid at all costs - terrible value for money. Hotel needs to be closed and refurbished. Rooms were shoddy. Heating/Ventilating system very loud and prevented sleeping. Had to change rooms - still not much of an improvement. No amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize that wee did not meet your expectations. As we discussed offline, we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms which should address the concerns you raised. For the benefit of those reading your post, I wanted to clarify that by "no amenities" you were referring to an expectation of a private concierge lounge and reception area for our elite HHonors guests. While we do not offer a concierge lounge, we do have a variety of amenites for all of our guests to enjoy. Monday through Friday we offer complimentary appetizers and drink specials during happy hour at Shade Bar & Grill. We also have complimentary access to our fitness center, business center and indoor swimming pool. Our guests also enjoy free high-speed Internet access and a courtesy shuttle service that will take you to the airport or area businesses. Probably our best "amenity" is our staff, who will go out of their way to make sure our guests have whatever they need or want.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I spent an unanticipated night here due to a cancelled flight. So, I arrived in a grumpy and frazzled state. Some airport area hotels seem to go out of their way to take that bad situation and make it worse. Not the Doubletree. Front desk manager Sarah and her assistant Nicolle were some of the nicest and most helpful front desk staff I have experienced in years. Shuttle pickup and return to the airport were timely and quick. The room was very comfortable -- I had been rebooked on the "0-Dark-30" flight out and wish I could have stayed a bit longer!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Frank,

Thanks so much for your review and for sharing the great service you received from our front desk staff. Hopefully we can see you again in the future under better circumstances!
hartford, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I can't remember our room number, but the air handler needs some attention. I woke up at 5 am, thinking that there was a fire alarm - but it was the air handler. I turned down the thermostat to 68 degrees; it let out a WHOOSH and shut off. Blessed silence after that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks so much for a great review! Thanks also for letting us know about the noisy HVAC unit in your room and sorry that it disrupted your sleep. Some of these units are old and we are repairing and replacing them as we find problems.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked a King room here over thanksgiving and was very pleased. The staff is gracious and had items i requested beforehand already in our room. Room service was fast and on time. The bar in the hotel was a great place to unwind/
Will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Davidjohn13,

Thanks for sharing your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to meet you in person on your next visit!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I live in hotels 3-4 days a week. This one caught my attention. The shuttle from the airport is quick. The check-in is quick and painless thanks to the friendly and knowledgeable staff. The hotel is recently renovated. The rooms are clean and quiet. I would stay at this hotel property over and over.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you sharing it with the Trip Advisor Community. Hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!