Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel - next to BDL airport. Nothing bad to say about this hotel. I would stay here again, and again. The bed and linens were a travelers dream. Easy to fall asleep and get a great nights sleep. Shuttle to airport was on time.

1  Thank STEVE H

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The shower curtain was spotted and had to be changed, the carpet was stained in several areas and the wallpaper was torn. First time staying on business with Travelers and was charged for a microwave and refrigerator. Not a good stay

4  Thank Sonja G
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here in August 2013 for one night. Was traveling for business and arrived after 10pm. Hotel was very close to the airport and car rental facilities. Front desk personnel during checkin was very polite. Room was ready (requested a king size bed but was given 2 doubles). I heard that the hotel was recently renovated, however if my room had been, it was not apparent. Flat surfaces and the bathroom were clean, but there were cob webs hanging from the sprinkler system and the curtains. Room was quiet and bed was comfortable. Stopped by the desk to check out the next morning, and the agent was on the phone with somebody she knew and barely acknowledged my existence...

Overall would likely not stay here again. There are probably better options in the area.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beautiful building, lobby, restaurant, business center, etc etc. The only problem is if u want a quiet nights sleep and want to take a shower in a clean bathroom then inspect your room at check-in. I got there and didn't check the room. When I got back around 1111:30 that night I realized the trash can still had food in it but I let it go. The room had an adjoining door to the next room. The occupants of that room were have a gathering and were loud. I informed the desk and they said they would look into it but I didn't sleep till 2. The kicker is the next morning when I got up at 5:00 am and was in a hurry to take a shower and get out of there. I found used soap still in the soapdish in the shower with used shampoo bottle. Needless to say I didn't take a shower, just washed my face and got out of there. I told them at the front desk on the way out and the reply was 'we will have to look into that. Ill report it, and I didn't ever hear back from them and Im a HH member! Lol, amazing!

2  Thank Manoj P
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Even though this hotel has a shuttle, and the train station is only 10 minutes away, the hotel refused to offer the shuttle to or from the Amtrak train station. This was outrageous. The location of the hotel is not very nice, and there are other hotels nearby that are cheaper that were just a nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maurice M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days for a business trip at the end of July 2013. The hotel has a free shuttle that takes guests to and from the airport. The shuttle also took me to my work office a few miles away from the hotel. This was the big selling point for my stay here because the rental car plans fell through at the last minute.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and overall the hotel was very quiet and clean.

The room didn't have a fridge, but the ice bucket was metal and had a lid, so I was able to keep things cold for quite a while using that. My room was always very clean.

The hotel has a study area in the lobby with several computers with free internet access and printers. I found that helpful for locating bus schedules as I didn't bring my personal laptop with me on the trip.

What I didn't like about the hotel is that sometimes I could hear the drains backing up in the sink and the toilet -- all sorts of water bubbling in the toilet, to be exact. One evening I came back to the room with it smelling like an out house. The other person who traveled with me said the same thing was happening in his room.

Overall, I felt the hotel was ok, but if I'd had access to a rental I probably would have stayed somewhere not so close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chandra S
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I will say that the overall performance of Staff was excellent, and I will be back many times. I work at another Hotel by Hilton and I enjoyed myself more here. I will recommend this Hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!