“My Stay at Double Tree”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I will say that the overall performance of Staff was excellent, and I will be back many times. I work at another Hotel by Hilton and I enjoyed myself more here. I will recommend this Hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Jose V

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The first room I stayed in smelled like urine. The lady at the front desk was kind enough to switch me right away but the second room was not much better. I killed two spiders, and to top the trip off I killed a roach in the bathroom. This place is dated and if the really cleaned it through and through it would have helped. I just hope im not bringing home and traveling critters. The food was really good though. Doubt ill stat here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Vtkid
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed for 2 days while our belongings were being moved from one house to another. I have stayed at this hotel in the past for businesss and family outings but this was a completely different experience. The hotel lobby was not well kept at all and the first impression was an unclean area. The room we got was also dirty. The towels were damp and not neatly folded. There was a small hhand towel behind the door and there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. The beds smelled and overall the room was a disappointment.
The other area that was poorly kept was the pool area. The bathrooms were dirty with paper towels all over the floor and dirty bath towels all over also. The toilets were dirty and disgusting. Needless to say a very unkept hotel in regards to cleanliness
Overall, a poor experience. I know this has become an airport pilot hotel but it is a DoubleTree and should have some standards of high quality.
I will never stay there again and do not urge anyone to stay either for that price

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank L
Reviewed July 29, 2013

No surprises, accommodating and friendly staff throughout, excellent facilities; will definitely stay here again when in the area... fully loaded exercise room, great business work areas and the cookie was a great way to end a long day on the road...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Thom S
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our goal in choosing the Doubletree Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport was to provide lodging overnight while on a road trip towards northern New England. My wife and I were traveling with our three young adult daughters between New York City and Vermont...wanted to be in Vermont early the following day (3 hour drive), but couldn't leave New York until night time, and didn't want to be on the road too long. Doubletree Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport proved to be a perfect choice. We arrived after a nice drive up Interstate 91 after having a late dinner in New Haven.
1. Location: Perfect; about a mile off the interstate and near the airport. I would imagine that if you were flying in late, or taking off early this would be very convenient if you needed a place to stay.
2. Service: Very polite, informative and prompt.
3. Rooms: LARGE, very clean and very comfortable. Quiet, too: We were right next to the airport and heard nothing...and far enough away from the interstate that we did not hear cars/trucks.
4. Price was quite fair...just over $100 with tax. If you are in NYC and driving north, a stay here instead of NYC will save you over $200 per room!

Don't get me wrong...this isn't a resort and I'm not aware of tons of local attractions! But for convenient family-friendly clean and comfortable accommodations, you can't go wrong here. (And we've found that to be mostly true with DoubleTree).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rsleonard
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here because it was my family's host hotel for an upcoming wedding. When in the Windsor Locks area I stay at either Homewood Suites or La Quinta. This was a nice deparature for me. Having the special rate made the hotel comparable to other 2 mentioned earlier.

We were greeted warmly at the front desk with smile and signature cookie. We were also given "cookie coupons" because they did not have enough for myself and my guest.

We had a comfortable room with a king bed, couch, desk, and front view of the hotel parking lot. Luckily, since the hotel is near the airport we did not hear the airplanes.

The exercise room was nicely appointed. It had frosted glass so it was private to those working within the room. It had treadmills with personal tvs, ellipticals, excercise mats, bosu ball, and believe it had hand weights.

The one downside was parking. They have designated spaces for the restaurant which I was told the hotel does not monitor.They have plenty of parking if you are willing to drive down to the end of a long dark road. I believe this is where they store cars for park and ride.

Breakfast was not included in the rate. When coming to the area again for family I will choose between the other options along the road based on price. This hotel was average and the special pricing and the lure of having family in close proximity made it decent.

Room Tip: There is not much of a view in the area. Choose a room away from the elevator and high floor and fac...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear treishag,

Thanks for your review. I'm glad overall you had a positive experience at our hotel. For those that may not have been to our property, I did want to clarify the parking arrangements. The hotel offers ample complimentary parking along the side of the building as well as a large lot at the rear of the building. These two areas will accommodate all short term guests of the hotel and the restaurant. We also have a long term lot that is a little further down a hill from the hotel, which as you pointed out is geared toward our Park and Fly guests that may need to leave their car at the hotel for up to two weeks. We do offer courtesy shuttle service to and from this back lot since it is a long walk back up the hill. Thanks again for your review and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire.....which was suppose to be worth $200.00....we will never book through Hotwire again.....as there is also a surcharge which we didn't realize! The room had a terrible smell to it so the lovely girl at the front desk Charlotte immediately arranged for us to move rooms and then very generously offered us compensation by giving us vouchers for a free dinner..which was very nice....... She couldn't have been more helpful! Thank you Charlotte!
Our new room fine....except in the morning we noticed that the bedspread had quite a few stains on it... A little disappointing! It was a very average hotel and being located by the airport, it was very popular for travellers flying out the next day....
I had to deal with Bea in the billing dept also... She was very helpful and friendly... So I do give them huge marks for hiring a wonderful staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thanks for your review and thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. I'm glad they promply responded to your concerns. I'm sorry you were dissapointed with some other aspects of your stay, but appreciate the feedback so we can take corrective action.

-Bob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!