“Very pleased with my stay!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very pleased with my stay!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

As a recent guest I was very pleased with my stay. Check in was quick and efficient. The woman behind the desk professional and courtious. Even accommodated my request for extra cookies! The room was clean. Had dinner and drinks in Shade Bar & Grill, staff was nice food was good. I stayed for 2 nights and will stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting our hotel and for your nice review. You can always count on us for great cookies! Hope to see you again soon.

-Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Vomit-inducing hotel - the worst I have ever seen, and I travel domestically and internationally year-round. Cannot believe this is a Doubletree! A breakdown of the terror you will experience at this hotel:

1) Impersonal staff who do not seem to care about your concerns
2) Dirt, dust, grime and stains everywhere, in hallways, rooms and public areas
3) Utterly terrifying, disgusting rooms with terrible AC systems and closet-sized bathrooms

CHECK IN + ARRIVAL

I checked in several hours after check-in time and was greeted by a rather indifferent-looking staff member who didn't even look me in the eye. Looked like she had enough of her job -- all of the staff look like this, by the way. (One staff member who I later complained to about my room told me that she was sick of the "crap" she had to deal with at this hotel.)

I took the extremely-slow 1970's-style (wood railing and all) elevator up to the 4th floor. The halls are REALLY dark and what I can only describe as a musty, stale smell lingers and permeates throughout the entire hotel. There were stains all over the floors (see picture), and the carpets were disgusting.

When entering the room, I tried to use the key cards, and not a single one of the 4 I was given was working. The housekeeper in the hallway told me the doors are "really old" and that I should just keep trying until something budged. She was right -- the doors are REALLY OLD (see pictures). I also noticed a wine glass outside of my door and told the housekeeper. that she should maybe pick it up. It was still there when I checked out the next day (see picture).

ROOM

At that moment, another housekeeper walked by my party of 4 and LITERALLY said "Oh my god" and gasped -- she said she had cleaned our room earlier in the day and had left TWO towels for us. She said that they usually only leave TWO towels for rooms with two doubles. She got us some more from her cart. I wondered why there would only be two towels put into the bathroom -- until I went to the bathroom and noticed it is hobbit-sized and you can't fit several towels in there without it looking like a laundry closet. As other reviewers have mentioned, the toilet almost touches the tub!

The bathroom floor as covered with stains (see picture). I checked the shower and saw that the showerhead was practically falling off (see picture). I do not understand how maintenance could have missed that. I took a shower later and the showerhead worked, but the tub WOULD NOT DRAIN. Absolutely disgusting.

After unpacking my things into the dresser, which had a huge tear in it (see picture), I started to have a sneezing fit. I checked the AC vent and it was COVERED with dust (see picture). Below it, the AC panel was practically ripped out of the wall (see picture). Again, how could housekeeping miss that? I went over to the phone to call maintenance and saw that the phone was COVERED with dust, too (see picture). I did not even want to touch the phone.

After all of these mishaps, I decided I should double-check the linens. Of course there were blood-like stains on the duvet -- I almost puked! I just threw the duvet in the closet. I popped the AC panel back into the wall and went to the hallway to ask the housekeeper (the one who said the doors were old, not the one who left only two towels) if she could get me new linens. She said she was in the middle of cleaning a room and would bring them to me later. I never got any new linens.

POOL

Later on, I went down to use the pool and had another sneezing fit on the stairs -- then I noticed that there was, not surprisingly, dust EVERYWHERE (see picture). I guess they never clean the stairwells? The pool was filthy, too, and there were dirty towels spread all across the area. Again, I guess they do not clean the public areas (stairwells, pool) that often.

FITNESS CENTER

I went to the fitness center THREE times over my stay, and there were NEVER any towels there. After each time, I told the desk staff, and they said "sorry" with cold, blank, expressionless faces.

OVERALL

Would never stay here ever again, and you shouldn't, either. There are a ton of hotels in the area, and I am sure they are all better than this "Doubletree."

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
2 Thank thirdculturewarrior
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be utilizing your feedback as part of our ongoing efforts to improve our guests' satisfaction. I apologize for service problems during your stay, and for the frustration you faced with our amenities and accommodations. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and hope you will consider staying with us again so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.
Waxhaw
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had a large business group staying at the hotel for a meeting in Windsor, CT, approx. 35 attendees. This was the second time I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel within the last 7 years with a large group and it continues to be just "average". I travel to the Hartford/Windsor CT area at least every other month and often once a month and when I plan my own trips, I purposely steer away from this hotel given my prior experience. Issues with air conditioning, cleaniness, room set up, kitchen food prep in response to a large group were all average or even below. Not sure why our company continues to keep this hotel on the list. There are much better options within this price range

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and ensure that the air conditioning works
1 Thank Fawn V
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Fawn,

Thanks for your review. I will share your comments with our team. We are spending a lot of time and money this year on hotel improvements, and hopefully we will be able to one day earn your business as regular guest.
Bristol, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel to attend a good friends wedding. Check in took a while. Being near an airport, a couple pilots came to the desk and so my service was put in hold. The rooms were supposed to be booked as ablock on one floor, but all the guests were scattered. Our room was ok, but the shower was so gross I wore flip flops in it. There was soap scum and mildew on the tiles. A friends room had to be relocated because his shower did not work at all. The morning after we went to the breakfast buffet. Horrible coffee! The pot in the room brewed a better cup. The french toast was hard like it was made with stale bread. Eggs were runny. Toaster took forever and a day and burned my toast. Paid, and left hungry. Waited for bar to open to get a Bloody Mary. Opened 20 min late and drink wasn't worth the wait. Best part of the stay was the delicious cookie I got after check in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Sherry S
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Sherry,

Thanks for submitting a review of your stay. I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. I have discussed the quality issues you raised with our management team so we can all work to make sure these issues do not come up again.
Blue Point, NY, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Bathroom in room 450 is horrible, door is so close to the toilet and when you sit on the toilet the door is up against your leg, décor is dated and the rooms smells, my husband and I were shocked at the "old" décor, we were very disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Wilmette, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ended up staying here when the hotel I had originally booked could not accommodate me (another story!). I did not know what the rate was and wouldn't have stayed there if I'd known. The staff was very nice and helpful but the room wasn't so great - smelled stale, sink drain didn't work, spider in tub. Pretty dreary. Would've been fine at $90 per night,...not $180.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Stephanie,

Thanks for completing a review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you found the staff to be helpful. I am dissappointed and sorry that you were not happy with the room and the rate. We are doing some room improvements this year and I hope we'll be able to exceed your expectations if you give us another chance in the future.

Thanks,

Bridgewater, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Soon as we arrived, we noticed that the sheets on the beds were not changed on the sofabed. When we asked for the linens to be changed, housekeeping used the same linens and just made the bed! The front desk didn't seem too friendly and housekeeping woke us up by screaming "housekeeping" and knocking really loudly at 9:00 am, just to slip the bill under the door! I have stayed at MANY hotels before and usually the bill is just left on the table, or slipped under the door without having us disturbed in our sleep! I would definitely recommend staying at any other hotel or even a motel due to the cleanliness of the hotel room!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Uzma R
Dear Uzma,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations and we’re actively working with our housekeeping team to focus on cleanliness and comfort throughout our property. We’ll keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate our service and training programs. Thank you again, and we hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!