“Blah hotel with a really good restaurant”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
“Blah hotel with a really good restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel regularly for work, the rooms are boring but suitable. It's a decent hotel with few complaints, an it's close to the airport. The staff is friendly. The bright spot, the food at the bar is FANTASTIC hotel bar food, with a mixture of typical bar food and well cooked seafood and steaks. Very tasty. Yum

• Stayed February 2013
Nikki O, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being a loyal guest to the DoubleTree by Hilton Bradley Airport and for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed Shade Bar & Grill. It certainly is a great gatheirng place! I am sorry to hear that you were not wowed with our accommodations. Please feel free to reach out to me at (860) 627-5171 to discuss any concerns.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Nikki Ouellette
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. I did not have a rental car, so their shuttle to and from the airport was great. Instead of story, here are some bullet points:

Cons- small bathroom (you can't close the door all the way because it hits the toilet), dreadful water pressure while showering in the morning (busy time perhaps?), the HVAC was loud every time it turned off, not many restaurants within walking distance.

Pros- clean clean clean, great customer service, nice lobby, very good restaurant (for breakfast and dinner, did not try lunch), soft bed, good wifi, and a nice sized room.

Overall a great hotel. You can tell it is an older property that was painstakingly refurbished. They did a fantastic job, but it shows in a few area. This place is definitely worth considering when you want to stay close to the airport and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback. It's great to hear your kind words about our cleanliness, customer service and amenities. We strive to go above and beyond to make sure everyones stay is fantastic!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best regards,

Nikki Ouellette
Director of Sales
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I come to this area often. This hotel was nice and clean. Restaurant on site was nice, however most of the front parking spaces (near entrance) are reserved for restaurant patrons only, not guests. So that leaves us to walk a long way with luggage. Or check in, lug bags up to room, come back down, go back outside and park car. Wasn't fun in December when it's pretty chilly! Rooms were nice but very thin walls. I heard my neighbors ALL night which made it tough to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The area around the hotel is very industrial/airport services focused. The hotel itself is nicely appointed. It's not brand new, but it is well maintained. It has all of the amenities. It is also very clean. All in all a very good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carol S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding our hotel. Our team takes great pride in meeting and exceeding our guest expectations. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your staff and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed December 29, 2012

More of a crew hotel than a business hotel. Rooms are adequate but not outstanding at all, internet is decent but on the slow side. Not sparkling clean anywhere in the hotel. Breakfast is below what I am used to at other Doubletrees, but on the positive side is a great bar, more of a neighborhood pub, decent food and pretty decent selection of beers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Carol S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Being an airport hotel you are correct in that we do accommodate crew members from the airlines. Additionally we support the local companies in the area with their travelers. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our bar and dinner but would like to speak with you personally regarding your comments on breakfast and the internet. Your comments are taken seriously and we are committed to improving upon services that may have disappointed you while here. Please do not hestitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Happy New Year.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here a few times. It's probably on the low end of the DT standard, but the standard is pretty good, so don't be too concerned. Rooms and beds were good, which is the most important thing. My biggest complaint is the parking, most of the close spots are reserved for the restaurant, so you have a small walk from the parking lot. A nice touch is the airline flight screen in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carol S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve our services to our guests. Your comments regarding the parking will be reviewed. Our goal is to exceed all guests expectations every stay. The inflyte board has been a tremendous asset to our guests and I appreciate your comments regarding this. Happy Holidays.

Carol Sikora
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This began at the Hertz Rental Car return. I called from there and asked about getting to the Doubletree. The woman at the desk told me I had to go back to the airport and then call and they would pick me up. This, I did. The problem is, she should have told me they would pick me up at Hertz. The driver told me that Hertz is 2 min. from the hotel and the airport 5 min. further away. So I wasted a good deal of extra time. Upon arriving, there were no Hilton Diamond upgrades available (no, I was not recognized as a Diamond member) and the tasty cookie was not warm as it is supposed to be. Unlike my hotel the previous night where the heat wouldn't quit, this room was freezing. I cranked the temp to 77 but I doubt it was much over 65 or 66. The internet was sluggush at times. Upon checkout, I realized I did not get a receipt from the restaurant there (the food was excellent by the way) where I paid cash. I went to the restaurant and the person there said she couldn't help me, and told me to go to the front desk. But they were clueless as well (and, while not rude, not particularly friendly either). Looks like I eat $40 in expenses as I could not get a receipt. My wake-up call never came, though the woman at check in asked for the time I wanted to get up. This is inexcusable. Also, when I reported the heating problem, there was no sympathy and no offer to take something off the rather high price of the room (I often turn those down anyway - but it is the principle of the thing).
The bed was very comfortable and good covers kept me warm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tripp F
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We’re very sorry we didn’t provide you with the high quality of amenities and service you expected and we will use your comments to improve the experience for future guests. We apologize for the uncomfortable room temperature and our maintenance team is working to fix the problem. Please accept our apology for the poor service impression we made and know that we are constantly undergoing continued training so as to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations. We’ll be sure to address these issues with our team and we hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Carol Sikora, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!