“Not bad, not great either”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was put here by an airline because I was bumped from a flight. Their shuttle runs about every 15 minutes to/from the airport. The checkin process was very efficient and quick. The staff were generally very nice. The elevators are incredibly slow and there are only 5 floors. The floors are very warm and almost steamy. I was on the fifth floor and it smelled like an indoor pool. I have no idea where that chlorinated smell came from. As others have commented, the room was fine, the bathroom small, the bed comfortable, but the air conditioning didn't seem to be able to cool the room. I woke up in the middle of the night to a very warm and stuffy room even though the AC was on. Their fitness center is small but has modern equipment including free weights. I had dinner in their restaurant and it was quite good and reasonably priced. I would only return to this hotel if I needed a one-night stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dr_Drew2

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is located less than a mile from Hartford/Bradley Intl Airport and offers a free shuttle. There are a few other hotels in the area as well, though this one seemed like the best deal for the rate we paid. The lobby was nice enough; it had 4 computers set up for the business center. There was also a nice looking sports bar/cafe.

Our room had a view of the roof of a lower are of the hotel, but other than that it was a great room. The bed was actually soft, which is definitely hard to find at a hotel! The tv was nice and had lots of channels, not just the typical 15 channel line up that most places now have. Overall we had no issues at the hotel and would recommend it to everyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Doubletree used to be pretty fancy. Maybe they still are in certain parts of the country (world?). But here in 'Windsor Locks' - on the outskirts of Hartford - the place is fairly standard hotel fare.

To the good news, they are just down the way from the airport. Seriously. It might even be at the end of the runway. But you really cannot hear the planes. Not sure how they pull off that one, but they do.

You also get a cookie. You can even get extras - other than the one that you get upon check-in - just by asking (but you do have to ask). That is nice. But I am not sure if it is worth it.

Access to the freeway is good too.

But other than that, you are a bit out if you need to get to Hartford (or anywhere else, really), and it reminds me of a beach hotel in that they seem to be rather run-down. Refrigerators line the hallways in the mornings, presumably from guests who used them the night before. Work is apparently underway on some renovations, but I am not sure that they can do much about the location or the overall appearance of the place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was a fine Doubletree, nothing to shout about, but nothing went wrong either. The breakfast was a bit better than other that I have stayed. Rooms clean. I would come back

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and had a great stay. Called the day of check-in to see if we could check-in early, they said we couldn't as the hotel was full for several functions in town which was fine. Had to drop of 1 of 2 cars in our party anyways at the hotel so I went inside to the front desk. The front desk agents were warm and friendly and accomomdated my needs (checking in but need to get to the room until late at night). We arrived back at the hotel close to 12:30am and decided to see if the bar/restaurant was open for food, we just barely made the cutoff and quickly ordered. Food seemed to take long and the bartender and went and checked and there was a communication error. They decided to give all 3 of us in our party a free drink for the hassle. We appreciated it and it was a sign of great customer service. The food was pretty good and the draft beer selection was superb for a hotel bar/restaurant. The hotel lobby is very nice and with several seating areas and for those using the nearby airport, has flight into on a large tv and I believe a computer with printer to print boarding passes.

The room was decent, I won't say it was the most nicely decorated room but it suited our needs just fine. The bed was comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean, which is all I truly ask for. The bathroom was a bit small but not a deal breaker by any means. Hallways seemed quiet and you couldn't hear any airplanes with being nearby the airport.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for the staff alone. The most accomodating, professional, friendly and customer oriented staff at a hotel I've ever experienced!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed two nights on the 5th and 6th of May 2012. This is just a basic hotel, nothing special other than its close to Bradley Intl airport. The king bed room had a basic and rather small bathroom. The heating / cooling fan was fairly noisy, so we just shut it off. The carpet was stained, and we would have moved if we planned to stay longer. Don't be deceived by the pool picture. It's there, but the size is quite small.

Room Tip: Other than the double the cost that the airport hotel has on Sunday nights, this probably is ok, but...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago but this time around I found the room very clean and the bed very comfortable. The room can be noisy because of planes taking off, but I still had a good sleep probably because of the comfy bed. The bathroom is much smaller than I remembered.

Hotel is well-run. And the hotel restaurant pretty good. You can check-in from the hotel lobby which is pretty cool.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!