“broken locks unclean bathrooms holes in sheets”

Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2010

my crew and I stayed at the days inn on 12/27/10. I fly for a airline so to say I see a lot of hotel is a understatement.... I am no hotel snob by any means but this was horrible. One of our female crew members a to change rooms 3 times over the coarse of an hour... No heater...broken lock ...dirty room. The staff had her waiting in the lobby whole they scrambled to find a good room. As for my room after a long day of flying in a blizzard last thing you want to walk into is a dirty shower...beds were poorly made...when I pulled back the covers I found holes all threw the blankets and sheets... The fixtures on the wall are either broken or about to fall off the wall.
I would not recommend you spending your money here staff is unfriendly and the hotel is a dump...

• Stayed: December 2010
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

On behalf of the staff and management of the Days Inn Bradley International, I apologize for what clearly seems to have been a less-than-stellar stay at our property. I will use your experience as a training exercise for current and future staff.
Moving forward, we welcome the opportunity to provide all of our guests the quality hotel experience the Days Inn Bradley International is known for.

Reviewed December 25, 2010

This hotel is very close to the airport and reasonably priced. The rooms were clean but are in need of updating. The staff was friemdly and quick to check us in. The breakfast was not th standard continental, but only a waffle maker and bagels. Not a bad stay but the hotel needs some improvements and they need a better selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 21, 2010

A group of over 50 women from our church stayed at this hotel while we were in town to attend the Women of Faith Conference in Hartford. It was clean, quiet and the front desk was very friendly. To my suprise the beds were comfy. In the morning they offered a breakfast that had something for everyone. And best of all the price was right as we were all on a tight budget!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Days Inn Bradley, thank you for the kind words and we are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us!

Reviewed October 22, 2010

We picked this hotel as it was very reasonable and close to the airport. We had been on vacation for over a week and just needed a place to stay close to the airport the night before we left town. We found a great price for this hotel but I should have checked their smoking policy as the corridors smelled like smoke. I didn't notice the smell in the room but maybe I was already used to it. There were a lot of other hotels nearby and I kind of wished I had checked their prices and stayed at one of the other ones. It looked a little disserted when we arrived and I felt a little uneasy staying there at first. The old adage is still true – “you get what you pay for.”

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We had an early morning flight so it made sense to stay at the airport the night before our trip. The desk clerk was very nice and we had a speedy check-in. Our room was clean, comfy and very quiet. The included breakfast was typical, and service began at 4:30am so we appreciated the coffee and bagel before the flight. We would definitely stay at this Days Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katt51
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Our stay at this hotel was really good from start to finish! The hotel was clean. The room was comfortable. The front desk people were very pleasant and helpful. Even the shuttle drivers were really great! It is definitely a good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I stayed at the Days Inn for a business trip in February. It was the choice of my colleagues due to its proximity to the Windsor Locks airport. Yes, it is incredibly convenient (and cheap). To me, that's where the positive points of the hotel end.

First, upon check-in at midnight, my co-workers and I were treated poorly by the desk clerk. She answered the phone and yelled at customers (!!) while trying to check us in. The basic rules of customer service went out the window (even a requisite "thank you" was omitted).

I am hoping the cleanliness of my room was an anomoly. I normally ask to stay on a high floor, as the rooms are generally cleaner. However, since we checked in so late, this was the only room left. There was mold on the walls of the bathroom and paint peeling. The carpet was old and dirty. I awoke FREQUENTLY to the sounds of planes taking off/landing overhead.

The free breakfast seemed on par with most - I grabbed a nutragrain bar for the road.

I could not connect to the internet in my room or in the lobby to print my boarding pass.

I would chalk it up to the "price you pay", but - for the same price - I found my stay at the La Quinta down the street to be leaps and bounds more comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business