“good value for early morning flight”

Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mass
“good value for early morning flight”
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I stayed here because my flight was very early in the morning. The shuttle and the breakfast started at 4am, which was helpful. Very close to the airport - it probably didn't take 5 minutes by the shuttle, and I thought I could almost walk. I used a package with parking, and it was a wonderful value.

The room seemed renovated. The bed and bathroom were good. The room I stayed in did not have a refrigerator or a microwave, but there was a microwave in the dining area that I was able to use.

One problem was the noise. If you are sensitive to the noise, this may not be for you. The building seemed old, and I heard the neighbor talk and laugh loudly (I could almost hear all the words through the connecting door), people walking in the hallway, and the airplanes on the runway. I really wanted to have a good rest, so I called the front desk, and she was nice enough to come down and talk to my neighbor. The staff was very friendly, sincere and helpful.

I will probably come again if I have an early morning flight.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mystic
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn on my way down to Disney. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The front desk recommended an awesome seafood resturant that night and helped us print out our boarding passes! The Van service and breakfast began early enough for our 6am flight which was great! The only down side was they did not have a pool. I highly recommend this hotel for people with early morning flights!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2009

This was a very good value for one night before an early morning flight. The breakfast and shuttle to the airport start at 4 am. Everything is clean and neat. The room was quite large and comfortable. A few smoking rooms are set aside in a separate hallway for those of us who still want a smoking room. Cheap gas and fast food are on the same road and very convenient when returning a rental car.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Clean, friendly atmosphere. The breakfast was pretty good and it stats at 4am-great for an early flight. I would definitely stay here again when I have business in Hartford.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed February 14, 2009

fit my criteria-quiet, clean, good, free inernet, limited but OK exercise. fridge & microwave nice amenities. Adequate breakfast fare. Very reasonably priced. recommend

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Washington State
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed here in room 134. Room was clean.... but... Normally you expect a handicap room to be either close to the lobby or next to an entrance that is handicap accessible. Well, not in this case. There was an addition put on the hotel and they did not change the location of the room. The handicap person has to traverse the hotel half way down the corridor. There is an entrance nearby but you cannot access it if you are in a wheelchair or walker. The bathroom does not have a bar to enter the tub and if you are short, it is difficult to grab the center bar inside the tub. Also, we came by rental car. We were going to drop the car off at the rental location and come back and have the airport shuttle drop us off at the airport when we are ready to leave, but when we found out the airport van shuttle was not handicap accessible, we decided against it. If we need handicap facilities in the future, we will check on hotel first and not book with priceline. This hotel would not have been our choice.

• Liked — room was clean
  • Disliked — Lack of handicap accessiblity
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CaroK
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Our flight got canceled and this was the hotel chosen by the airline. I was really upset because we had a very nice hotel booked for that night, which we obviously couldn't get to, but what a nice surprise this place was!

From the outside it doesn't look like much, and the hotel lobby is not great either. But the room was large, newly furnished, with a plasma flat screen TV. It had very conformable beds and everything was very neat.

The bathroom was clean, though a bit small. However for this hotel rating I would probably call it standard. The staff was very friendly and helpful (the shuttle didn't work before 4AM, but since our flight was schedule for that hour, they changed their schedule for us).

The only down side, and the reason for only 4 stars, was the fact that there wasn't an elevator (or if it was it was out of service). We didn't really need it, as it's not big deal to carry a couple of suitcases, but I can see this being a problem for older people.

They offered free wireless internet, and there is also a computer in the lobby if you didn't bring your own. I don't think they had a restaurant, or if they had it was closed at that time.

I would definitely recommend this place, and would stay here again.

• Liked — Very nice room and great staff, good location too
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank andreiuta