“Friendly staff, comfortable room”

Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Quincy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

My flight was arriving at BDL at 11:40 pm so it made sense to wait until the next day for a rental car. The price for this location was around $60 & for the few hours we would be in the room, I thought it might be ok.
My daughter and I checked in to this hotel shortly after midnight after traveling from the west coast. It was a good location in terms of both the hotel and the rental agency.
That was it for what was good. The hotel is very worn and does not look very clean in either public spaces or the room itself. At check in, I was asked for my ID & credit card which is not unusual. What was unusual was that the clerk took a photo copy of both and as she finished the process, I had to ask for both cards which were still in the copy machine. That made me suspicious. The room was very disappointing as was the breakfast. What was the biggest issue, though, was the air conditioning. It sounded like a metal blind was blowing above the wall unit the entire night. I think I slept about two hours at best. When I mentioned it at check out and said, that room needs service, the clerk did not seem the least bit concerned nor did she offer an apology. I travel to BDL frequently to see my daughter in New Haven. I will NEVER stay at this property again.

Room Tip: none; if the room we had was a basis of judgement
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were going to a family re-union in Manchester Vermont. So we flew to Hartford and stayed over at this Hotel. Rate was very good for Seniors. Hotel close to Airport and restaurants. Bed was comfortable & room was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill G
Pataskala, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

A friend and I normally camp out when we do amusement park road trips, but there were no good campgrounds neaby. I researched this hotel and found it to be close to Six Flags New England where we would be on this day. I booked the room. I was pleased to see that the room had received some upgrades to it. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. Check in was easy, and the staff seemed to be very efficient and friendly. Water pressure was good, and the overall experience was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amusementparkguy
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Booked this hotel for an early morning departure. Leah went out of her way to book a handicap room. In the morning, Nicole was as friendly and helpful as good be for the time of day it was (early). The price was right; the breakfast was great. The room was very clean and the shuttle service got us to the airport in plenty of time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bart1952
oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night prior to an early-morning flight at nearby Bradley International. I was originally going to arrive late but changed my plans in order to return my rental car earlier. I came to the hotel at 2 p.m. to drop off my bags before taking the car back. Not only did they let me check in early instead, they gave me the closest room to the front desk since my bags were heavy and even carried my bags to my room. Then they sent their shuttle to Budget to bring me back to the hotel after I returned the car. My room was clean, quiet (even with its location) and spacious. Best of all, their shuttle starts its airport run at 4 a.m. which was perfect for my needs. Good location, friendly staff, low rate, clean rooms- I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
#10 of 14 in Windsor Locks
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport? Share your experiences!