“Not one of their best locations”

Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The first thing I did when I checked in is take pictures as I always do. Then used the bathroom. Of course I did not bring my camera in there but was TOTALLY grossed out to find a HUMONGOUS booger the size of a dime on the shower curtain. I stay at many hotels and this just turned me right off to that hotel and I will not stay there again. It was VERY noticeable, so I could not figure out HOW a housekeeping attendant could have missed it if the shower had been cleaned at all. You open the shower curtain to clean and then CLOSE it when done. VERY noticeable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Wow nice place, check in was great. All the staff were extremely pleasant. Hotel had lots of exterior entrances so didn't have to travel far to get to my room. Room was clean and spacious, king bed was very comfortable and room ammenities were good. Daily coffee and breakfast was included. Hotel had nice fitness room and lots of parking. The rates were excellant and I would stay again in a minute if I was in the area. The drive from New York to Windsor Locks was absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: King room was excellant! Back of hotel quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here before a very early flight and were very happy with the check-in, the room itself and the services. The a/c in the room was fantastic! Very spacious and comfortable room (2 beds), clean and comfortable. The only issue someone had was that the sink was outside of the bathroom toilet/shower, but for me this wasn't a problem. The staff was wonderful and we were asked if we would like a wake-up call, were up for complimentary breakfast at 4am, and got a quick shuttle ride to the airport. When we returned, we called for the shuttle back (very late at night too) and were picked up and brought back to the car. VERY reasonable prices and great service!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JackiKC
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Ok...in all fairness, this is no resort or grand escape but rather a place to rest your head before you fly out early in the morning from the airport, or in my case after a fun filled day at Six Flags New England with three kids. So here it goes:

Room: Clean, but dated. Smelled like old smoke though there was no smoking allowed in the hotel and the smell was only noticeable for the first five minutes. There was a nice flat screen TV, but a dozen of the channels were fuzzy. Spacious enough for two adults and three kids. Definitely liked that the sink was OUTSIDE of the bathroom.

Bed: UNCOMFORTABLE. My boyfriend and I are used a king so sleeping in anything else is always an adjustment but this was just downright uncomfortable! We chose to stay in a room with two double beds and requested a cot in order to fit all of us...if we ever stay here again we will splurge for two rooms. Needless to say we spent half the night trying to crawl out of the valley that formed in the center of the bed and the other half making sure not to fall of the edge. My oldest said the cot was okay, but when the person (who was also the shuttle driver) dropped off the cot they did not leave a blanket!

Which leads to my next point...SERVICE: Upon check in I requested a cot. The receptionist said that as soon as the shuttle driver returned she would send him/her up with the cot. When we got back from dinner (8:30pm) the cot was there but with no blanket. I called down to request one be brought up (I should have just went down to get it myself). 45mins later there was no blanket but we were all in bed exhausted from our day. The phone rang around 10 asking if we still needed a blanket. My half conscious mind replied "forget it"...two sheets would have to do. I also thought it was peculiar that the shuttle driver was also the cot deliverer among other things I'm sure. Hire more staff?

Overall: If you just need a place to crash after a day in Agawam or before an early morning flight...sure...why not. They do have complimentary continental breakfast which was great for us with the kids. But if you are expecting prompt service, and that possibility of a two star hotel going above the expectation...Think again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is an airport hotel. Nothing too exciting. I will say the staff is very nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable, free WiFi, Airport shuttle transportation, and a few fast food restaurants within walking distance. The key thing is that the hotel is clean and comfortable! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying the night with travel plans the next day... or for someone who may have been stuck due to unforeseen circumstances during their travels. Great Airport Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jbragg476
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I don't know where those pics on the website came from...maybe from future plans for renovations, but they are not what is currently in this hotel. The TV's are super old. The mattresses feel about 30 yrs old, along with the carpeting. I was in a room with one of those old metal wall heaters for an hour and a half in the freezing cold waiting for the room to heat up. The front desk clerk just knew I had the heater on the wrong setting. It only offered 3 settings "cool-fan-heat". When she finally came up to see she said "man, it's freezing in here". She got me a new room that only took an hour to heat up. The floors were not vacuumed, but I didn't bother moving to a new room. If two are bad, I'm sure the rest are also. I am a flight crew member also, and I absolutely hate staying in Bradley because of this hotel. The people are nice, but the hotel needs to be scrapped. I wish it looked like those pictures but it doesn't. Also, the fitness center consisted of 1 treadmill that would not power up. I woke up early for nothing.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank maybeline46
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed at this place overnight (2/4) so we (16 of us Pampered Chef consultants) could get an early start to get to a Conference in Hartford. Although i am not a picky traveler, and i KNOW what to expect out of a Days Inn, there were a few beefs i had with this place.

1.) The airport shuttle driver evidently cant read, nearly hit him several times as he was leaving the hotel through the ENTRANCE.

2.) Front desk lady was on her cellphone while transacting a purchase with me. you would at least think she could hang up for five minutes.

3.) The morning continental breakfast is actually quite diverse and (eclectic including a belgian waffle station) but the only thing it didnt have was a stock of coffee. At 7am as we were all departing (16 of us) there was not a drop of (reg.) coffee to be found. although there was some decaf, it was cold. :(

4.) My room was the only one booked that had an IN-room coffee maker (once again, i know its a days inn, not the Ritz) But what a tease, the thing was busted...

Room for improvement for this hotel: reccomend assigned parking spots for the
"park and fly" people as the only remaining parking for us people staying in the hotel was about 5 minutes away from the front door. note to self: unload car, then park!

otherwise, good stock of soap, decent workspace, clean room... just wish that slab o mattress was more comfortable.. :-\

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

First and foremost, thank you for the opportunity to serve your group. Additionally, thank you for taking time from your busy day to comment on the areas that need improvement. After reading your review I attended to each of the areas you commented on, and our driver will no longer be using the incorrect exit, and I have reaffirmed to my staff that use of cellphones while on duty is prohibited.

I was most surprised to hear that there were rooms without coffee makers...I will make an inventory immediately, and I fully agree that this is unacceptable.

Lastly, the parking situation at the moment is a bit scattered due to the 2 feet of snow which seems to refuse to melt. We have cleared away as many spaces as possible for our guests but obviously the selection is still limited.