“Very Nice Airport Hotel”

Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is an airport hotel. Nothing too exciting. I will say the staff is very nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable, free WiFi, Airport shuttle transportation, and a few fast food restaurants within walking distance. The key thing is that the hotel is clean and comfortable! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying the night with travel plans the next day... or for someone who may have been stuck due to unforeseen circumstances during their travels. Great Airport Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jbragg476
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I don't know where those pics on the website came from...maybe from future plans for renovations, but they are not what is currently in this hotel. The TV's are super old. The mattresses feel about 30 yrs old, along with the carpeting. I was in a room with one of those old metal wall heaters for an hour and a half in the freezing cold waiting for the room to heat up. The front desk clerk just knew I had the heater on the wrong setting. It only offered 3 settings "cool-fan-heat". When she finally came up to see she said "man, it's freezing in here". She got me a new room that only took an hour to heat up. The floors were not vacuumed, but I didn't bother moving to a new room. If two are bad, I'm sure the rest are also. I am a flight crew member also, and I absolutely hate staying in Bradley because of this hotel. The people are nice, but the hotel needs to be scrapped. I wish it looked like those pictures but it doesn't. Also, the fitness center consisted of 1 treadmill that would not power up. I woke up early for nothing.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank maybeline46
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed at this place overnight (2/4) so we (16 of us Pampered Chef consultants) could get an early start to get to a Conference in Hartford. Although i am not a picky traveler, and i KNOW what to expect out of a Days Inn, there were a few beefs i had with this place.

1.) The airport shuttle driver evidently cant read, nearly hit him several times as he was leaving the hotel through the ENTRANCE.

2.) Front desk lady was on her cellphone while transacting a purchase with me. you would at least think she could hang up for five minutes.

3.) The morning continental breakfast is actually quite diverse and (eclectic including a belgian waffle station) but the only thing it didnt have was a stock of coffee. At 7am as we were all departing (16 of us) there was not a drop of (reg.) coffee to be found. although there was some decaf, it was cold. :(

4.) My room was the only one booked that had an IN-room coffee maker (once again, i know its a days inn, not the Ritz) But what a tease, the thing was busted...

Room for improvement for this hotel: reccomend assigned parking spots for the
"park and fly" people as the only remaining parking for us people staying in the hotel was about 5 minutes away from the front door. note to self: unload car, then park!

otherwise, good stock of soap, decent workspace, clean room... just wish that slab o mattress was more comfortable.. :-\

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

First and foremost, thank you for the opportunity to serve your group. Additionally, thank you for taking time from your busy day to comment on the areas that need improvement. After reading your review I attended to each of the areas you commented on, and our driver will no longer be using the incorrect exit, and I have reaffirmed to my staff that use of cellphones while on duty is prohibited.

I was most surprised to hear that there were rooms without coffee makers...I will make an inventory immediately, and I fully agree that this is unacceptable.

Lastly, the parking situation at the moment is a bit scattered due to the 2 feet of snow which seems to refuse to melt. We have cleared away as many spaces as possible for our guests but obviously the selection is still limited.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while were stranded because of snow storm and a cancelled flight. We booked through expedia and paid about $80 a night. Turns out the rate at the hotel was $49??! Well it wasn't worth what we paid but maybe for $49 it would be worth it.

For starters, the place stunk like cigarettes so bad. We had a non-smoking room, but I feel like the smoking rooms were two doors down. The beds were uncomfortable and there were long pubic hairs on the wall of the shower. Gross Gross Gross. Also, the furniture in the room was beat up on the corners, the chair at the desk is about 6 inches below where it should be so forget about using the desk unless you want your elbows up to your ears and the internet is beyond slow.

Also, we thought because were stranded that a breakfast in the morning would be nice so we wouldn't have to go out in the snow. A bagel or english muffin was about all there was. There was a make your own waffle station, that was a little too much work for us in the morning, plus I really didnt want to eat anything there because of how bad it smelled.

Some things on the plus side... the rest of the room was pretty clean, convenient location, and thats about all. You could tell the staff in the morning were hard at work, I think its because they had a full house... but it definitely wasnt worth $80 a night.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OneK9lover
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Thank you for your response. The Days Inn Bradley International offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms for our guests. The smoking rooms are sequestered away from the non-smoking, but sometimes guests choose to smoke where it is forbidden, despite the extra fees they will be charged as stated at the front desk. This is why there is occasionally a smoky odor in the hallways. My staff and I will continually work to correct this and other issues in order to provide the best lodging experience possible for our valued guests.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2010

my crew and I stayed at the days inn on 12/27/10. I fly for a airline so to say I see a lot of hotel is a understatement.... I am no hotel snob by any means but this was horrible. One of our female crew members a to change rooms 3 times over the coarse of an hour... No heater...broken lock ...dirty room. The staff had her waiting in the lobby whole they scrambled to find a good room. As for my room after a long day of flying in a blizzard last thing you want to walk into is a dirty shower...beds were poorly made...when I pulled back the covers I found holes all threw the blankets and sheets... The fixtures on the wall are either broken or about to fall off the wall.
I would not recommend you spending your money here staff is unfriendly and the hotel is a dump...

• Stayed: December 2010
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

On behalf of the staff and management of the Days Inn Bradley International, I apologize for what clearly seems to have been a less-than-stellar stay at our property. I will use your experience as a training exercise for current and future staff.
Moving forward, we welcome the opportunity to provide all of our guests the quality hotel experience the Days Inn Bradley International is known for.

Reviewed December 25, 2010

This hotel is very close to the airport and reasonably priced. The rooms were clean but are in need of updating. The staff was friemdly and quick to check us in. The breakfast was not th standard continental, but only a waffle maker and bagels. Not a bad stay but the hotel needs some improvements and they need a better selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 21, 2010

A group of over 50 women from our church stayed at this hotel while we were in town to attend the Women of Faith Conference in Hartford. It was clean, quiet and the front desk was very friendly. To my suprise the beds were comfy. In the morning they offered a breakfast that had something for everyone. And best of all the price was right as we were all on a tight budget!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
jwhitehead, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Days Inn Bradley, thank you for the kind words and we are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us!