“If y ou value respect fromfellow humans, forget this place”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Very disappointed with cleanliness and with customer service from hotel. The room was hardly cleaned, had to buy chrolox wipes to clean down room. The housekeeper had been in the room alright,....proof?!?!?!...... there was a list of fellow residents in my room twice but I suppose she had been watching TV.......coffee pot and cups dirty, trash cans full, request for clean towels not honored etc. When the front desk was approached they said it would be taken care of .....keep on waiting. Also if you are a priority club member, be careful, you may miss your points because of technicalities that the manager will NOT see you about. Who are you anyway?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cnonh
tylarose, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2010

I'm sorry that you say that you felt disrespected here at our hotel, that is not how we provide service. We did respond to your concerns as soon as we were made aware of them. I was befuddled that during our personal interactions during your stay, you hadn't expressed them to me.
And, I apologize that you were misinformed regarding the eligibility of your special Friends & Family rate for points. There are restrictions in place with rates such as that special one for Friends of our fellow hotel employees that do not qualify for Priority Club points.
I am always available to discuss any of your further concerns.

Reviewed January 23, 2010

I stayed here prior to an early flight departure from Bradley. Check in was very fast, checkout even faster. The room was large, with a separate sitting area, and had all the basics - comfortable bed, tea/coffee maker, free internet, long bath.... no complaints. The curtains didn't close which might have been frustrating if I hadn't left before dawn.

That's it really... I checked in, bathed, went to bed, got up and left... Everything worked, it was clean, it wasn't expensive - nothing much to say!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter D
tylarose, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2010

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay.
We appreciate that you had some concerns with the curtains, the outer panels are simply for decoration. On the inner portion of the window, behind the sheers there are blackout curtains. Don't worry though, the first night I stayed in our rooms- I couldn't locate them either! Silly designers.
Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to earn your business again in the future.

Reviewed December 19, 2009

The Holiday Inn Express is located close to the Hartford Airport. They have a shuttle service that will pick up and drop you off. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff overall was very friendly. I found the place very comfortable and a nice large room which was very clean. The room came with an in-room coffee station and a mini fridge. Free internet is always a plus for me and it was available in the room. I believe they have WiFi in the lobby but never used it. I found the breakfast pretty good too. I would have no problems staying here again if I found myself in the area. My only complaint (a minor one) is that I wish the towels had a bigger thread count.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank MTCSS

Thank you so much for the glowing review. And the pictures came out great, perhaps you'd consider a position as our lead photographer! :) I'm happy that you had a pleasant stay, and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2009

After reading all the good reviews, I picked this hotel for my friends & I to stay at since we were attending a horse expo in West Springfield only 15 minutes away. Everything was clean: the grounds, lobby, breakfast area, and our rooms. Our rooms were with 2 queen size beds and having the sofa in the room was a nice touch since we had more space. The refrig & microwave was neat so we could use both for snacks. Beds were comfy and pillows were also. The breakfast in the mornings was perfedct, with both hot & cold choices. My friends & I plan to stay here again, next year, when we attend the horse expo in 2010. There is a Ruby Tuesdays just a few blocks away, and for anyone looking for fast food, McDonalds is right there also

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank JerseyHorseLover

We are so glad that you had a perfect stay with us! We love when the Equine Affaire comes to visit, and we hope to see you again later this year.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

May I tell you this hotel located close to Bradley Airport was clean, friendly along with not bad rate including room and 14 days parking. We stayed night before a flight and left our car at hotel for 11 days. When we arrived back we just called Holiday Inn Express, (600 Spring Street location, not the other Holiday Inn Express I called first) and they arranged for us to be picked up by "Fast Track". Fast Track delivered us to our car, it was that easy.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AuntieDee
Reviewed September 28, 2009

After seeing the rating on this hotel I wasn't sure what I would find. I was pleasantly surprised to find everything perfect. Very clean, comfy beds, nice size rooms and a big bathroom. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank tinatours
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Our family of four, including 2 teenaged boys, stayed here last weekend during a quick weekend get-away to Six Flags. It was an easy 15-20 minute drive to the Six Flags yet much more reasonably priced than the hotels in Springfield. The hotel is located at the end of the runway and along the main road outside the airport, yet we only heard perhaps one or two flights overnight and they really didn't bother us...it's not a very busy airport and the planes did not fly over the hotel. What bothered us more was the trains that seemed to go thru nightly around midnight, blowing their horns, and the trucks that drove into the neighboring office park.

The room itself was excellent - clean, spacious, queen-sized beds which were very comfortable with both soft and firm pillows, a refrigerator and big enough freezer to put in ice packs and two water bottles. Very nice.

There was only one computer available in the lobby, but there was no printer.

We were disappointed with the breakfast. We have enjoyed staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels in the past and remember a more extensive breakfast. This was fairly simple with a few different cereals, a scrambled egg loaf (ugh), a breakfast meat, and packaged bagels. No fresh fruit at all. The highlight was the cinnamon buns. Perhaps they have cut back due to the economy or perhaps this particular HIE doesn't offer the same breakfast as others, but the selection was definitely more limited than our previous stays at other HIE hotels and certainly not enough to satisfy two hungry teens.

As mentioned, the hotel is on the main street outside the airport, which has a lot of hotels, rental car places and gas stations. There was a Friendly's, Dunkin Donuts and a couple of smaller places. However, there are several major shopping areas right off the main highway within a few miles of the hotel.

Would definitely recommend this hotel - great proximity to Hartford, Springfield and Six Flags and reasonably priced. Clean and spacious, just don't count on a large breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family