“excellent stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed August 21, 2012

First time to this property. Stayed overnite before an early flight from Bradley. Great stay. Extremely courteous staff. Exceptionally clean common areas and rooms. (Actually smelled like soap in the lobby!) Rooms were spacious and modern. Beds clean and comfortable. Wi fi worked fine for us. We did stay/park/fly program. Shuttle very convenient/clean/ no wait for pick up when we returned after our trip. All in all a great experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison G
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience here with our property. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business,and hope that your first time staying will be just the beginning.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night for business purpose. Hotel was in great shape. Clean rooms with comfortable bed. Free wifi worked well. Good tv channel selection with flat screen tv. Pool looked nice but I did not use. Free breakfast included everything you would expect for a hot meal. Hotel shuttle gave a group of us a ride to a local restaraunt and back for free. Very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank TripTaker83
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with other travelers. We truly love to hear from our travelers so that we can continuously improve the service that we offer. I'm happy to hear that we succeeded in providing you with great service during your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport. We look forward to accommodating you again when your travels bring you to the Hartford area.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very friendly & helpful front desk (I believe her name was Alex). Beds were comfortable, plenty of hot water in the shower. Very clean and noice free, even with the airport across the street. Would definitely stay again. My family has always stayed at holiday inn & this one is no different. The microwave and fridge was a nice added feature. Price was very affordable. Only downside is a small pool & the continental breakfast was not very good

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tripadvise01
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Tripadvise01,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travelers. We are so happy that you enjoyed the beds, as well as were treated just as you deserve to be treated by our Guest Service Representatives!
It always helps us to better our team and our services when you share something that wasn't at it's best for you during your stay. We do our best to keep our compact pool sparkling clean and ready for you to use. And we will continue to work with our Breakfast Hostess to ensure that our offerings for breakfast are plentiful and fresh.
Again, we truly appreciate your time, and we look forward to accomodating you in the future while you're in the Windsor Locks area.

Kindest Regards,

The Team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night with friends. Check in was quick and pleasant. Our room had 2 queen size beds and a sleep sofa. I had the sofa bed which was not comfortable, but I didn't expect it to be. Upon removal of the sofa cushions there were crumbs galore. Obviously a forgotten area to clean. The air conditioner was loud, curtains didn't close completely and the lighting in the bathroom is quite dim. The pool was over populated with screaming, unruly children. To my surprise my friends went to use the pool anyway. They witnessed a child urinating in the pool and left immediately. It should be noted that yes this hotel is close to the airport but it is also close to Six-Flaggs. Breakfast was not worth mentioning.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Lindaray,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here because the Hampton Inn significantly raised their rates. I have not had many stay at Holiday Inn Expresses and the few I had went very well. The value and price were both excellent at this location. The room and bathroom were both very clean. My one complaint was the blanket. It just smelled damp and I found that annoying.

The front desk staff was pleasant to me and tried helping me several times with the hotel wireless connection. Be aware, the hotel internet is very slow.

It will be a place I may consider staying at again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jooksing
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your candid review of your hotels stay. It always helps us to take better care of our guests to hear what we are doing right, and what we can do to improve your stay here with us. We do hope that you will give us another try when you are in the Windsor Locks/Bradley Airport area again. We have made improvements to our internet services, and I hope that you will find that all of your devices are quickly connecting. We always have cables at the front desk to borrow, should you have larger amounts of data to view. It was a pleasure to accommodate you, and hear of your experience.
Kindly,

The Team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed here with my wife while traveling out of Bradley Airport. We actually stayed the night before our flight and the night of our return to save a late night drive back to NY. A very clean hotel with great staff. Snacks and water on arrival was very appreciative (for Priority Club members). Shuttle service was very prompt and free parking at hotel was a plus that saved alot of hassle. Our car was secure for the 7 days we were gone. The continental breakfast was pretty decent with a fresh pancake machine and eggs/bacon/toast. Didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet with little noise. Unfortunately, the curtains weren't able to be closed entirely for maximum darkness (see photo) and the bathroom needed minor repairs and more outlets. Also could have used some sort of soap dish / dispenser to keep things less messy.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher rooms have less activity than 1st floor which has the lobby, pool, dining area a...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank disneyguy333
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you Disneyguy333 for sharing your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport.
I'm happy to hear that your experience was a good one, and that it was convenient for you to make that early morning flight out of Bradley Airport.
We truly appreciate your comments on the items that we didn't get exactly right for you. I was able to determine the room that you shared photos on, and can assure you that the ceiling has been repaired, and that there are light blocking curtains available. I have found that they are sometimes drawn all the way to the outer edges, and like to "hide" out of sight. I'm going to work with our Rooms Attendants to make sure that they are staying visible and are present.
I wholeheartedly agree about making soap dishes available in the rooms as well, and am currently working on trying get the approval to include them in the bathrooms.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Kindly,

The Management and Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Was stuck overnight at the airport and this is where my travel agency placed me.

They have a shuttle service, but it is not dedicated to the hotel so I wound up on a tour of remote parking lots for about 15 minutes. The driver was also a complete nut-job - driving very fast, very herky-jerky, and flinging my luggage around even though I said I didn't need assistance.

I checked in around 9, room was ok.

Called down to get a wake up call for 4am shuttle and no one would answer. Tried again in the morning to confirm the shuttle time and still not ONE employee to be found. Went down to the lobby when it was shuttle-time and still NO employees. Didn't make me feel like it was a very secure place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

I'm so sorry that you had a less than wonderful experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We are always striving to provide the best possible service that we can offer, and it sounds like we didn't meet your expectations that day.
I can appreciate your disappointment in our shuttle service, and we have since your stay made changes to the shuttle service- in that we are now provided with a dedicated hotels only shuttle service, so that it is separate from their parking lot customers. This has allowed us a much faster response and service time for our guests to arrive at the hotel.
To address your contact, or difficulty to contact our Front Desk, please accept our sincerest apology. Our Representatives are working very hard at fielding many different requests and duties, and at certain times they are taken away from the front desk to assist other guests or to deliver check out receipts and newspapers to guest rooms. We do our best to always be available to assist you, our traveler.
We do hope that should your travels bring you again to Windsor Locks, that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we appreciate your choice to stay with us.

Kindest Regards,