“Nice Stay - May Stay Here Again”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Akron, Ohio
“Nice Stay - May Stay Here Again”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here because the Hampton Inn significantly raised their rates. I have not had many stay at Holiday Inn Expresses and the few I had went very well. The value and price were both excellent at this location. The room and bathroom were both very clean. My one complaint was the blanket. It just smelled damp and I found that annoying.

The front desk staff was pleasant to me and tried helping me several times with the hotel wireless connection. Be aware, the hotel internet is very slow.

It will be a place I may consider staying at again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jooksing
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your candid review of your hotels stay. It always helps us to take better care of our guests to hear what we are doing right, and what we can do to improve your stay here with us. We do hope that you will give us another try when you are in the Windsor Locks/Bradley Airport area again. We have made improvements to our internet services, and I hope that you will find that all of your devices are quickly connecting. We always have cables at the front desk to borrow, should you have larger amounts of data to view. It was a pleasure to accommodate you, and hear of your experience.

The Team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed here with my wife while traveling out of Bradley Airport. We actually stayed the night before our flight and the night of our return to save a late night drive back to NY. A very clean hotel with great staff. Snacks and water on arrival was very appreciative (for Priority Club members). Shuttle service was very prompt and free parking at hotel was a plus that saved alot of hassle. Our car was secure for the 7 days we were gone. The continental breakfast was pretty decent with a fresh pancake machine and eggs/bacon/toast. Didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet with little noise. Unfortunately, the curtains weren't able to be closed entirely for maximum darkness (see photo) and the bathroom needed minor repairs and more outlets. Also could have used some sort of soap dish / dispenser to keep things less messy.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher rooms have less activity than 1st floor which has the lobby, pool, dining area a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank disneyguy333
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you Disneyguy333 for sharing your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport.
I'm happy to hear that your experience was a good one, and that it was convenient for you to make that early morning flight out of Bradley Airport.
We truly appreciate your comments on the items that we didn't get exactly right for you. I was able to determine the room that you shared photos on, and can assure you that the ceiling has been repaired, and that there are light blocking curtains available. I have found that they are sometimes drawn all the way to the outer edges, and like to "hide" out of sight. I'm going to work with our Rooms Attendants to make sure that they are staying visible and are present.
I wholeheartedly agree about making soap dishes available in the rooms as well, and am currently working on trying get the approval to include them in the bathrooms.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

The Management and Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Was stuck overnight at the airport and this is where my travel agency placed me.

They have a shuttle service, but it is not dedicated to the hotel so I wound up on a tour of remote parking lots for about 15 minutes. The driver was also a complete nut-job - driving very fast, very herky-jerky, and flinging my luggage around even though I said I didn't need assistance.

I checked in around 9, room was ok.

Called down to get a wake up call for 4am shuttle and no one would answer. Tried again in the morning to confirm the shuttle time and still not ONE employee to be found. Went down to the lobby when it was shuttle-time and still NO employees. Didn't make me feel like it was a very secure place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
I'm so sorry that you had a less than wonderful experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We are always striving to provide the best possible service that we can offer, and it sounds like we didn't meet your expectations that day.
I can appreciate your disappointment in our shuttle service, and we have since your stay made changes to the shuttle service- in that we are now provided with a dedicated hotels only shuttle service, so that it is separate from their parking lot customers. This has allowed us a much faster response and service time for our guests to arrive at the hotel.
To address your contact, or difficulty to contact our Front Desk, please accept our sincerest apology. Our Representatives are working very hard at fielding many different requests and duties, and at certain times they are taken away from the front desk to assist other guests or to deliver check out receipts and newspapers to guest rooms. We do our best to always be available to assist you, our traveler.
We do hope that should your travels bring you again to Windsor Locks, that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we appreciate your choice to stay with us.

Kindest Regards,

The Management and Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
windsor locks
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed here six days after storm Alfred hit the area and for miles around most families were without heat and electricity on these very cold nights. I used the computer terminal next to lobby several times during my stay and I was amazed at the hundreds of phone calls and dozens of people that came in to the desk looking for a room for the night.This constant stream of people had obviously been suffering for sometime and some literally begged for a room. The Hotel was booked solid and the waiting list for a cancelation was very long.It must be extremely hard to turn away families that are suffering like that which is why I want to point out that the two people I saw working the front desk that night, Bobby S. and Marie S. showed compassion and respect to everyone that came in and went out of the hotel that night. They did an awesome job under very difficult circumstances.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank robert d
Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel and of our team members. It was a difficult time for all that were affected by the storm, and we did our best to see that everyone possible was taken care of to the best of out ability.
We appreciate the time that you took to share your experience with other travelers, and we invite you to think of us for any future needs you may have here in your own backyard.

The Management and Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Auburn, CA
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Clean rooms. Vanilla Holiday Inn Express Hotel. We arrived in town to see our daughter who was sick so we stayed the night at this hotel. The regional shuttle took us to our hotel with no wasted time. The room had coffee and tea as well as a microwave and a refrigerator. The hotel itself was great, but expect to not eat unless you are in to less than average pizza or Chinese. The hotel is in a poor area right next to the airport. You can walk to a package liquor store for a bottle of wine, but that is it. Otherwise, you get to wait for the shuttle after 5:30 to take you to a mediocre 2 star diner or a Ruby Tuesdays. So we ordered the pizza and got a bottle of wine. The wine was fine. The pizza was questionable, but did fiull our stomachs. Our daughter picked us up the next morning and we will return in 3 weeks. We will go to the Fairfield Inn for our night on the way back and it is located next to the Ruby Tuesday. No shuttle needed. We will try to remember to bring some frozen dinners with us and just plan to spend the evening of our return watching TV and using the microwave.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay here with us.
I do hope the your daughter is feeling better- our warmest wishes for that.
We are right in the heart of the airport area, which is a very busy business area. I do also wish there were more options for dining in this area, however we do have some very lovely options, such as a great local Italian-American restaurant, a Japanese Steakhouse, in addition to the pizza, chinese delivery options, and Ruby Tuesdays. Our airport shuttle service is very busy in the late afternoon to early evening with travel to and from the airport, but will do their best to provide the extra trips to restaurants when available to do so.
We appreciate that you took the time to share the highlights of your guest room that you enjoyed. It helps us to know what we are doing right, and were we can always improve.

The Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Portland, Maine
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I choose this hotel based on its close proximity to Bradley airport. Upon check-in I was given a room directly across from the 1st floor elevator/vending machines and admin. offices. I should have know it was going to be very loud, but it was too late to complain. The noise picked up again around 4:30 a.m...ugh. Other than the noise, the hotel was fine for a quick stay and very convenient to the airport. I have stayed at other hotels that provide a light breakfast in the morning and Holiday Inn's breakfast selection is a bit sad. The shuttle to the airport only departs from the hotels every 30 minutes and is a quick 5 minute drive to Bradley. You must request the shuttle in advance and be placed on a list.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor near the elevator or at that end of the hallway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel with other travelers! We do apologize that the location of your room wasn't entirely satisfactory for you. Please don't hesitate in the future to contact us right away, and we'll do our best to find an alternate location if possible that would meet your needs.
We appreciate the feedback about our breakfast options, and I am wondering if you perhaps departed prior to our full hot Express Start Breakfast beginning? For our guests who must depart earlier than our 6am start time for the full breakfast, we do offer our Early Riser- which is a little something to get you started with hot coffee, muffins, bananas, yogurt, & juices. The full hot breakfast including eggs, bacon or sausage, warm cinnamon rolls and freshly made pancakes- begins along with our cereals and breads is set out for that 6am start time. I do hope that you'll get to experience that full hot breakfast another time here with us or at Holiday Inn Express.
Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments, as it helps us grow as a service provider. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

The Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
NY
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family and friends recently stayed here because it was close to Six Flags New England. This is a very nice clean hotel. The Breakfast was free and very good. And the woman taking care of the breakfast area was a pleasure to have around. She's a keeper
The rooms are very spacious and the beds are quite comfortable. LOVED the down comforters and the pillows were nice and comfy too. Its right across from the airport and I was concerned it would bother us but we didn't even notice. Lots of food places nearby too! You can even get discount Six Flags New England tickets! My only complaint is that the hotel indoor pool closes at 8 PM sometimes 9. Way too early! The gym stays open till 11 so why does the pool need to close so early?? There was only 1 person at the front desk the entire 2 nights and 3 days we were there. When did the poor guy ever get to sleep?? Also I would advise you to use a credit card not a debit card because they place a hefty hold on your account. All in all I would absolutely recommend to a family visiting Six Flags New England only about 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Large rooms 2 Queen bed room very nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 70stang
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind review. It sounds like you had a great time here with us and in the area. It's great being located in a area that has so much to offer!
We truly appreciate you taking your time to share the highlights of your stay with us, and we do take seriously the comments you have shared. I will be sure to share your concerns about the pool hours with our Management Company. We'll work on trying to extend those hours of operation so that more guests can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool.
Thank you again for this opportunity to earn your business, and give you a place to relax and be yourself.
P.s We do allow our Guest Service Representatives a break every now and then :) We have very dedicated employees that we truly appreciate the service that they give us, and to you- our guests.