“small”

New England Air Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The New England Air Museum houses over 80 aircraft in three large hangars and outdoor display area, as well as an extensive collection of engines, instruments, aircraft parts, uniforms and personal memorabilia. Plan a visit today to check out exciting aircraft, displays, exhibits and programs that are perfect for all ages!
Reviewed January 22, 2013

it was a nice 20 minute excursion, but not anything I would write home about or be upset I did not see while in the area. Nice distraction but not impressive

1  Thank amyjoe8588
Susan O, Public Relations Manager at New England Air Museum, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks for visiting the New England Air Museum! As the 10th largest air museum in the country, I'm not sure "small" is the best description of us(!), but perhaps you did not have an ample opportunity to see our more than 80 aircraft and related artifacts. We hope you'll give us another visit sometime soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

There is lots of interactive aviation related stuff to do at the museum. The aircraft are impeccably restored.

1  Thank cloudserf
Susan O, Public Relations Manager at New England Air Museum, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thanks for visiting! Please come again when you are back in CT!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I didn't have big expectations when I decided to go over, but I was bored and wanted something to do. I went up to Springfield to the NBA hall of fame Sat. and though it was OK but I tell ya the air museum was great, its really worth the $12 to get in, I would go back for sure, then have a flight simulator you can play with and it was worth the price of admission alone. Go, you will be glad you did.

3  Thank Tigers1980
Susan O, Public Relations Manager at New England Air Museum, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thanks for visiting and for the great review!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Too bad they do not offer rides on all the vintage aircraft. An excellent display of aviation history, in a state which traditionally has been heavily involved in the industry.

1  Thank homeplate51
Susan O, Public Relations Manager at New England Air Museum, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thanks for your visit! We are proud of our outstanding collection of significant aircraft! Even though they are enjoying a nice long retirement, we regularly open cockpits for visitors to "play pilot," and our new Flight Sim Spot allows visitors to virtually fly many of the aircraft in our collection. Hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I came with my sons boy scout troop and was amazed at all the history lying here. The flight simulators are ARE AMAZING. I would absolutley recomend this place to anyone.

1  Thank geek12345
Susan O, Public Relations Manager at New England Air Museum, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thanks for the great review--the simulators ARE amazing, and I hope your troop had an opportunity to simulate flying some of the aircraft in our collection. Please visit again soon!