“From one who knows fish.”
Review of Skyline Restaurant

Skyline Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Windsor Locks
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

While in Windsor Locks, CT I enjoyed two meals at the Skyline; steamed lobster last night and swordfish tonight. It was not cheap, but both were excellent meals. I was especially impressed with the swordfish. I am from Alaska, and we are commercial fishermen. I know fish. It is very rare to be served fish in a restaurant that is not overcooked; this was cooked to perfection: moist and tender. The side dishes were simple and very good. This is a family owned restaurant that has been here a long time. I look forward to my next visit.

There are newer reviews for Skyline Restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife had the chicken cordon bleau - supposedly a chicken breast stuffed with some ham and cheese, never found the ham or cheese. I had prime rib - OK but would not order again. Add side salad for $1.50. At the prices it should have been included. When bill received, salad was $2.00. Asked why - waitress said it rang up at $1.50, must be tax. Told her tax is separate listing - oh - I forgot - bleu cheese dressing is $.50 extra.

Went to Friendly's next day - better food, better service, better prices.

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Went ther for my first time for lunch and there is a free soup and salad bar with anything purchased from menu untill around 2 great filling great potions if your hungary its the right place to go!!the 2nd time was even better dinner on a Thursday night and had a very nice well mannered young lady named melissa and we got everything accordlingly and at a good pace not rushed and enjoyed my time with my husband we will be back thank you

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The first time I ate here was 42 years ago when I was in the Air National Guard.
The 2nd time was 28 years ago and the third time was today. First excellant salad bar.
we ate there at lunch where soup and salad are included at no extra charege with any item.
The food was above average and the prices were in line. Also the serve by Nicole was excellant,
We look forward to eating here again the next time we are at the airport.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

There are clearly pros and cons with the Skyline Restaurant in Windsor Locks, located on the main commercial strip adjacent to the Bradley International Airport. The menu is large and varied, covering all types of fare. The staff was friendly enough. And then there's the good old-American trait of wanting to support the family-owned restaurant versus the chains, one of which sits right across the street in Ruby Tuesday. Its arrival a couple years back was a clear signal for the Skyline to step up or be left behind. Perhaps some steps have been taken in the right direction, but not enough to cause me to pick the Skyline over Ruby if faced with that choice again. The food was adequate, but not worthy of entree prices in the $17-$20 range WITHOUT salad or soup. That's right, if you want either, you must pay an additional charge of $1.50 according to the menu, but it suddenly was $1.75 when the bill actually came. Yes, it's bad enough that a $20 meal doesn't include the salad, but at least have the add-on price on your menu match the bill. So, my one suggestion is to not have this problem at all, and just to include soup or salad with all dinners. Oh, and speaking of prices, $2.95 for a simple iced tea. The many business travelers who potentially eat at Skyline may just be putting the dinner on their expense reports, so price may be less of a factor. However, the casual diner and families will be opting for Ruby Tuesday most of the time until the Skyline's menu is a bit more price friendly. In this area of mainly fast-food fare, Skyline still has a place to shine. But it has a few more steps to clear.

1  Thank dopplersmash